Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:03:42 AM EDT
I revived my sorry grill last night. I wire brushed the grates, then went inside and cleaned them up with a bunch of SOS pads. I then fried up 2 lbs of bacon and used the drippings to re season the grates. My cook and dishwasher is in California visiting family, leaving me to fend for myself. A quick glance around the kitchen yielded a bottle of wine and some ribeye. I needed a way to get rid of 2lbs of bacon, so I figured that tossing them in some mashed potatoes would be tasty. Believe it or not, I've never actually made mashed potatoes from scratch. This was a first. They were pretty damn tasty, if I do say so myself. This cooking thing is new to me.

I decided to try making a rub for the ribeye. I mixed up a little coarse sea salt, dark brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, dried onion, cayenne pepper, and some celery seeds. It turned out pretty well, but I think the paprika was getting in the way of an otherwise excellent steak. I'll have to adjust a little next time.

Here's a shot on the grill:

And here's a shot on the dinner table:

Note the overwhelming evidence of a missing female critter. I'm told my silverware is on the wrong side of the plate, and that you're not supposed to use a martini glass for wine.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
No stapler-1, as you noted red wine in a Martini glass is a no no ,another -1. Still a solid 8.
Ps I like the smokes and extra mags.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#2]
No extra mags for the pistol?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Nope.

I'm also missing a tactical knife and some reading material.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Celery seed in a rub?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Celery seed in a rub?

Really? Why not? It was just a touch, and I thought it was pretty tasty.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

I'm also missing a tactical knife and some reading material.

The butter knife looks pretty tactical to me..and you can always read the wine label. But pistol mags man..you really need those!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Celery seed in a rub?

Really? Why not? It was just a touch, and I thought it was pretty tasty.

If you're going to use it, grind it first.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#8]
- 1 for the cigarettes and ash tray

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top