Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/3/2005 4:43:23 AM EDT
Is your house next? Anybody live on a lake or waterfront? Maybe they'll build a hotel where you live.

Sorry, this is just wrong!

FYI, if you have nicely placed property that someone might want.

www.washtimes.com/national/20051003-122623-2136r.htm

Florida city considers eminent domain

By Joyce Howard Price
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Published October 3, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Florida's Riviera Beach is a poor, predominantly black, coastal community that intends to revitalize its economy by using eminent domain, if necessary, to displace about 6,000 local residents and build a billion-dollar waterfront yachting and housing complex. (I see a riot developing.)

"This is a community that's in dire need of jobs, which has a median income of less than $19,000 a year," said Riviera Beach Mayor Michael Brown.

He defends the use of eminent domain by saying the city is "using tools that have been available to governments for years to bring communities like ours out of the economic doldrums and the trauma centers."

Mr. Brown said Riviera Beach is doing what the city of New London, Conn., is trying to do and what the U.S. Supreme Court said is proper in its ruling June 23 in Kelo v. City of New London. That decision upheld the right of government to seize private properties for use by private developers for projects designed to generate jobs and increase the tax base.

"Now eminent domain is affecting people who never had to deal with it before and who have political connections," Mr. Brown said. "But if we don't use this power, cities will die."

Jacqui Loriol insists she and her husband will fight the loss of their 80-year-old home in Riviera Beach.

"This is a very [racially] mixed area that's also very stable," she said. "But no one seems to care ... Riviera Beach needs economic redevelopment. But there's got to be another way."

In the Kelo ruling, a divided Supreme Court held that private development offering jobs and increased tax revenues constituted a public use of property, but the court held that state legislatures can draft eminent-domain statutes to their satisfaction.

Dana Berliner, senior lawyer with the Institute for Justice, which represented homeowners in the Kelo case, said "pie in the sky" expectations like those expressed by Mr. Brown are routine in all these cases.

"They always think economic redevelopment will bring more joy than what is there now," she said. "Once someone can be replaced so something more expensive can go where they were, every home and business in the country is subject to taking by someone else."

Last week, the Riviera Beach City Council tapped the New Jersey-based Viking Inlet Harbor Properties LLC to oversee the mammoth 400-acre redevelopment project.

"More than 2,000 homes could be eligible for confiscation," said H. Adams Weaver, a local lawyer who is assisting protesting homeowners.

Viking spokesman Peter Frederiksen said the plan "is to create a working waterfront," adding that the project could take 15 years and that "we would only use condemnation as a last resort."

Viking has said it will pay at least the assessed values of homes and businesses it buys. Other plans for the project include creation of a basin for megayachts with high-end housing, retail and office space, a multilevel garage for boats, a 96,000-square-foot aquarium and a manmade lagoon.

Mr. Brown said Riviera Beach wants to highlight its waterfront. "We have the best beach and the most attractive redevelopment property anywhere in the United States," he said.

Mr. Frederiksen said people with yachts need a place to keep and service them. "And we want to develop a charter school for development of marine trades."

Mr. Brown and others said this could be one of the biggest eminent-domain actions ever. A report in the Palm Beach Post said it is the biggest since 1954, when 5,000 residents of Washington were displaced for eventual development of the Southwest D.C. waterfront, L'Enfant Plaza, and the less-than-successful Waterside Mall.

The fact that Riviera Beach is so financially downtrodden may seem ironic because as Mr. Brown notes "it sits right across the inlet from Palm Beach," one of the nation's wealthiest areas.

"Palm Beach County is the largest county east of the Mississippi, and we have the second-highest rate of poverty in the county," the mayor said.

Copyright © 2005 News World Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I just learned from my municipal law director that Ohio law is more restrictive than the recent SCOTUS decision, and that such a land grab for private development purpose is illegal here.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I was ALWAYS under the impression that a gov land grab must be for public use. Highways, roads, what have you. This taking land and selling it to private parties is total BS. If the private parties want it so bad let them buy it up themselves at the point where landowners are willing to sell. ITS CALLED CAPITALISM! Oh? I'm sorry... You can't make as much money when the landowners will only sell as low as a million dollars? TOO BAD!

Using the gov as a price break

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea that makes sense.

A costal community you can actually afford to live in will be replaced with a yachting and housing complex.

They take your house, offer you a spot in their new complex and in return they offer you a job cleaning the shiter.

That makes perfect sense

FREE
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just learned from my municipal law director that Ohio law is more restrictive than the recent SCOTUS decision, and that such a land grab for private development purpose is illegal here.

I think they are passing similar laws here in Texas.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they are passing similar laws here in Texas.

This is what is going to have to happen if people don't want a bunch of fat-asses in some city cubicle deciding to take their homes for the flavor of the month project.  Missouri is going to need one I think KC and St. Louis are getting pretty excited about bulldozing people's homes for shopping centers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Riviera beach is a horrible ghetto I hope they do revitalize it.  I live about 30 minutes away from Riviera beach and all I can say is good riddance.  I wont go into those shit hole neighborhoods with out a fucking rifle.  I have been shot at while trying to get to the veterans hospital which is in riviera beach. Riviera beach looks like little Beruit there are bullet holes on the sides of many homes and buildings and burned out cars on a lot of porches there are gangbangers on just about every corner and pimps and prostitutes on just about every block.  Nuke Riviera beach from orbit it is the only way to be sure.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was ALWAYS under the impression that a gov land grab must be for public use. Highways, roads, what have you. This taking land and selling it to private parties is total BS.
-Foxxz

Ask the City of New London CT why it is that they took land from taxpayers and gave it to Pfizer. The OG of eminant domain problems.

The city is so bad off financially now, they are on the brink of being run by the state.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:59:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yea that makes sense.

A costal community you can actually afford to live in will be replaced with a yachting and housing complex.

They take your house, offer you a spot in their new complex and in return they offer you a job cleaning the shiter.

That makes perfect sense

FREE

Mabye you should come down here and see Riviera beach before you make a judgement  It is a horrible ghetto filled with junkies crackhouses and whores.  Most respectfull people will not go there because they may get shot raped or killed.  It only has only one predominate minority living there and most of them are criminal scum.  One old man had his home robbed three times buy gangsters in the same day while he was home.  When he called the cops they said they would be there in an hour they where busy with seven shootings at the time.  If you havent experienced that community mabye you should before you pass judgement.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:03:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Riviera beach is a horrible ghetto I hope they do revitalize it.  I live about 30 minutes away from Riviera beach and all I can say is good riddance.  I wont go into those shit hole neighborhoods with out a fucking rifle.  I have been shot at while trying to get to the veterans hospital which is in riviera beach. Riviera beach looks like little Beruit there are bullet holes on the sides of many homes and buildings and burned out cars on a lot of porches there are gangbangers on just about every corner and pimps and prostitutes on just about every block.  Nuke Riviera beach from orbit it is the only way to be sure.  

slum or not, it's easy to say fuk em when it isn't your house being stolen.

do you live on a waterway where a hotel could be built?

when they get kicked out of riviera beach, do you think they'll move into your neighborhood?

watch what you ask for.

PS: I have visited the area down there.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#10]
No justice, no Peace.

My elected officials were notified weeks ago I will burn my money in a big pile before I'll donate $.25 to their re-election if they dare do anything but kick the Keelo ruling out of the state. I've also been shooting off emails to CT. Looks like it's time to add ole brother Jeb to my email list too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:09:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

when they get kicked out of riviera beach, do you think they'll move into your neighborhood?

watch what you ask for.

That community has only gotten worse since I have lived in palm beach county the crime rate in Riviera beach is astronomical.  The people who live there have done nothing worth while to clean up that fucking shit hole. Imagine a scary drug filled Beruit where even the police are afraid to go down most of those streets.  Trust me it is better off being turned into anything other than what it is.  A crime filled crack town full of junkies and criminals.  There are a few good people there but very few and out numbered by the scum.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#12]
What I would like to see about eminent domain is that the land owner is paid twice the appraised value of the property.  If the land is so critical that the government must have it then paying a little bit more for it shouldn't be that much of a concern.  Then instead of all the land owners getting screwed they will make out ok for having their entire lives disrupted and history destroyed.  Did you see in the article where it says they will pay the "assessed" value.  I know in most cases the tax assessed value of a house is much less than the appraised value.  That means the government could come, kick you out of your own house, and leave you owing tens of thousands of dollars on a mortgage for a property you no longer own.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

watch what you ask for.

If you visited down here you would know that the majority of those people are ex convicts junkies prostitutes and gangsters.  Do you think those crack towns on the waterway should just remain a pimple on the ass of Palm Beach County.  My criminal justice professor told me to take a job in riviera beach only if I didnt value my life.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#14]
That makes it ok to take their homes away? Damn, I woke up in France, holy shit. I hate hairy armpits.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What I would like to see about eminent domain is that the land owner is paid twice the appraised value of the property.  If the land is so critical that the government must have it then paying a little bit more for it shouldn't be that much of a concern.  Then instead of all the land owners getting screwed they will make out ok for having their entire lives disrupted and history destroyed.  Did you see in the article where it says they will pay the "assessed" value.  I know in most cases the tax assessed value of a house is much less than the appraised value.  That means the government could come, kick you out of your own house, and leave you owing tens of thousands of dollars on a mortgage for a property you no longer own.

the problem I have is handing some poor schmucks only property in the world over to some asshole corporation with a ton of cash in its pocket. (IE: hotel builders, ets) so they can make even more bending iover those who can't afford to fight back.

Come get my house.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Come get my house.

I wish I could make it to CT to support the New London guy that says they are going to have to drag his dead body out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
That makes it ok to take their homes away? Damn, I woke up in France, holy shit. I hate hairy armpits.

No but the only way to save Riviera beach is to change it otherwise the situation here is only going to get worse.  The homes on the waterway are in the worst section of the city they are owned mostly by the criminal element or buy those who support the crminal element ( gangs). Not taking those areas only degrades Riviera beach further as a city.  The criminal element only spreads further west as time goes on.  Think of it as nipping a crime problem in the bud. Buy changing Riviera beach into a more upscale place you bring in more decent law abiding people and much needed jobs.  Right now as it is that area is a festering sore on the cities face. It does nothing but spread crime keeping it like it is.  Buy changing it you bring in decent law abiding americans who in turn will bring in more good people who will only heal Riviera beach instead of keeping it sick.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

watch what you ask for.

If you visited down here you would know that the majority of those people are ex convicts junkies prostitutes and gangsters.  Do you think those crack towns on the waterway should just remain a pimple on the ass of Palm Beach County.  My criminal justice professor told me to take a job in riviera beach only if I didnt value my life.

Looks like every "poor" area I've ever seen.

sure, go ahead and kick them out and steal their property, that should make them turn right into the huxtibles.

Like i said, watch what you ask for, or they'll be living next door to you.

remember one thing, drug dealers and gang bangers can afford to live just about anywhere they want. yet all those people living there are not those 2 groups.

Let's see how your tune changes when it's your house they want.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:21:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No but the only way to save Riviera beach is to change it otherwise the situation here is only going to get worse.  The homes on the waterway are in  the worst section they are owned mostly by the criminal element or buy those who support the crminal element ( gangs). Not taking those areas only degrades Riviera beach further as a city.  

Again, let's hear to tune change when it is your property being stolen.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Does the city "Norwood" ring any bells?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No but the only way to save Riviera beach is to change it otherwise the situation here is only going to get worse.  The homes on the waterway are in  the worst section they are owned mostly by the criminal element or buy those who support the crminal element ( gangs). Not taking those areas only degrades Riviera beach further as a city.  

The vehicle for change should not be violating a near-sacred principle of our economic foundation - the right to private ownership of land. I am disgusted by that train of thought.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, let's hear to tune change when it is your property being stolen.  

If the situation was reversed I would have moved a long fucking time ago.  I would not live in a place where crime of that scale is allowed buy fools to exist.  And dont tell me they are to poor to move because I have been in that same situation of having to move and I moved even though I was totally broke.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Riviera beach is the ass hole of west palm beach. I used to work there ,and it is a scary place at  night. The thing is that property values are becoming so high down there the govt. should not be allowed to just take their homes. The city can force them to sell out ,without just taking their homes. Dont get me wrong they should change the area it was a real nice area at one time. I just dont agree with just taking their homes so some developers and county commisioners can get rich.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, let's hear to tune change when it is your property being stolen.  If the situation was reversed I would have moved a long fucking time ago.  I would not live in a place where crime of that scale is allowed buy fools to exist.  And dont tell me they are to poor to move because I have been in that same situation of having to move and I moved even though I was totally broke.

so how did you manage to put deposits down? get hooked up to electricity , etc? if you were "broke". something tells me your idea of broke and mine are way off.

yeah, and my grandmother was the ONLY white woman on her street in SC, she wouldn't move either. Her one reason: this is my house.

this isn't about "wanting" to move, it's about wanting to keep the property they own and it not be stolen from them by the gov't to feed to the rich.

I know you wish everyone was like you, but fact is, they aren't.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:39:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Riviera beach is the ass hole of west palm beach. I used to work there ,and it is a scary place at  night. The thing is that property values are becoming so high down there the govt. should not be allowed to just take their homes. The city can force them to sell out ,without just taking their homes. Dont get me wrong they should change the area it was a real nice area at one time. I just dont agree with just taking their homes so some developers and county commisioners can get rich.

I dont like people like that getting rich either.  However doing nothing solves nothing. Right now changing Riviera beach is the best plan on the table.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

that my friend is the crux of the matter. and exactly what is happening.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:41:01 AM EDT
[#27]
[Viking has said it will pay at least the assessed values of homes and businesses it buys. Other plans for the project include creation of a basin for megayachts with high-end housing, retail and office space, a multilevel garage for boats, a 96,000-square-foot aquarium and a manmade lagoon.

You do realize that tax assessed value is substantually lower than market value.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#28]

I dont like people like that getting rich either. However doing nothing solves nothing. Right now changing Riviera beach is the best plan on the table. I hate that area I want it changed. I now duck low into my car while going to the VA.

Ah so because it makes you uncomfortable people should be kicked out of their homes? How about you just stay out of their neighborhood and mind your own business instead of advocating un-American priciples?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont like people like that getting rich either.  However doing nothing solves nothing. Right now changing Riviera beach is the best plan on the table.  

I lived in downtown WPB when they revitalized that area, I lived on Clematis st.. They sould do something to the area, But I dont agree with just taking there homes . New sidewalks ,enforcing codes, a larger police present. But I guess its alot cheaper to just take there homes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:49:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I dont like people like that getting rich either. However doing nothing solves nothing. Right now changing Riviera beach is the best plan on the table. I hate that area I want it changed. I now duck low into my car while going to the VA.

Ah so because it makes you uncomfortable people should be kicked out of their homes? How about you just stay out of their neighborhood and mind your own business instead of advocating un-American priciples?

I relies that this project upsets you.  I believe that using eminent domain in most situations is wrong, However that reasoning cannot be used across the board.  There are situations where taking a disfunctional area and changing it will benefit everyone as a whole not just some developers pockets.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I relies that this project upsets you.  I believe that using eminent domain in most situations is wrong, However that reasoning cannot be used across the board.  There are situations where taking a disfunctional area and changing it will benefit everyone as a whole not just some developers pockets.

heard that before, wasn't true then either.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

No, it disgusts me. Are you a US citizen by birth? That is not an attack, I sincerely wonder. At no time should it even be considered that evicting people from their legally maintained residence for the purpose of non-public use development is acceptable. You need to check your understanding of the foundations of our Country friend.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it disgusts me. Are you a US citizen by birth? That is not an attack, I sincerely wonder. At no time should it even be considered that evicting people from their legally maintained residence for the purpose of non-public use development is acceptable. You need to check your understanding of the foundations of our Country friend.

Not only am I a citizen by birth I also payed for my citizenship with bullets fired in Afghanistan.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not only am I a citizen by birth I also payed for my citizenship with bullets fired in Afghanistan.  

Well, for your service I thank you.

as to this issue, as an American, to have the gov't steal private property from the poorest to give to the rich and or corporations is wrong.

If you can not see that, I have serious doubts about what little freedoms we do have left surviving.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

And yet you are in favor of your fellow citizen's rights being trampled.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kind of makes me wonder too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#37]
1.  Stealing private property and giving it to developers is wrong even when the "owners" of the property are scum.

2.  It strikes me that the "dejected criminal minority class" who lives in that area would have a lot more faith in the american system and in capitalism and all that if, you know, the developer was required to pay them MARKET (not assessed) value for those properties.

3.  First they came for the minorities in the coastal getto, but I did nothing because I'm not a minority who lives on a coastal getto;  then they came for... well, you get the point.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Just another reason to love the Buckeye state!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
[Viking has said it will pay at least the assessed values of homes and businesses it buys. Other plans for the project include creation of a basin for megayachts with high-end housing, retail and office space, a multilevel garage for boats, a 96,000-square-foot aquarium and a manmade lagoon.

You do realize that tax assessed value is substantually lower than market value.

Now there is the understatment of the week!!! Our home, on 1 acre is assessed by the Town at
$234 K. Compareable homes without the 30' X 50' 'workshop' have busted the $500 K range.
We also have a 1.7 acre buildable lot next to us, assessed at $4500.00, (not improved, raw land)
a local Contractor has been trying to buy it for the last year, his last offer was $215 K.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Anyone that steals property...I won't say anymore, because it will get this thread locked.

Bloodmoon...thanks for your service, but you obviously don't have a clue what our freedom means or what the Constitution stands for. Sure that place may be a dive, but it's THEIR dive. You don't have to live there. But someone stealing their property, just so someone can make more money is stealing. Plain and simple. What about that, don't you understand? Being a thief is ok? You put your life on the line so some government boob and his buddy can get rich off of your "so called" freedom and Rights? Yeah, you really learned a lot about why you fought for our country.

Let me guess..criminal justice major...you are going to turn into a JBT and are willing to steal a man's weapons when the government says..."It's too dangerous out there, so take'm boys!". Is that what they are teaching at college these days?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Anyone that steals property...I won't say anymore, because it will get this thread locked.

Bloodmoon...thanks for your service, but you obviously don't have a clue what our freedom means or what the Constitution stands for. Sure that place may be a dive, but it's THEIR dive. You don't have to live there. But someone stealing their property, just so someone can make more money is stealing. Plain and simple. What about that, don't you understand? Being a thief is ok? You put your life on the line so some government boob and his buddy can get rich off of your "so called" freedom and Rights? Yeah, you really learned a lot about why you fought for our country.

Let me guess..criminal justice major...you are going to turn into a JBT and are willing to steal a man's weapons when the government says..."It's too dangerous out there, so take'm boys!". Is that what they are teaching at college these days?

don't get it locked, I'd like to hear who else supports this theft.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#42]
+1 Billion.............of it's that damn important to have, then the local govt should have to pay for the pleasure of taking it away from them

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't care how bad an area is when you offer people large sums of money for their property....they'll probably take it.

The problem I have with the Kelo ruling and this goddamned theft that is happening in Riviera beach is that you have DEVELOPERS who DO NOT want to pay market value for the property. This is highly evident just by reading the friggin' article Viking has said it will pay at least the assessed values of homes and businesses it buys.

Hey here's a friggin idea....if you can't BUY the property then develop it into "megayacht" basin with "high-end housing", "a multilevel garage for boats" and a "96,000 square foot aquarium" ....THEN IT DOESN'T MAKE ECONOMIC SENSE TO DO THE DEVELOPMENT!

This is but the newest twist of the same shit that happens all over the country with "public/private partnerships" which are nothing but an excuse for cronyism and theft of the public money and now property. Examples: sports stadiums, shopping districts, etc.

I can't count the number of these things (developments, high end retail, housing, etc) that have promised the moon in Florida and after the checks were written the company puts up some fences, bulldozes the lot and then goes bankrupt while everyone stands around holding their dicks and pointing at the next guy.

It's an atrocious abuse of government and the fact that no one seems to give a shit just cements how far gone we are as a country.

When it comes to the public money I'm a ruthless capitalist...if it doesn't make financial sense, it shouldn't be done.

This goes TRIPLE when local yokels are running the show with out of town development companies......these bozos are from friggin NEW JERSEY for Christ's sake.

(Damn I'm pissed. I don't care how bad an area is, if you OWN it and have paid your taxes the government should stay the hell out of your business.)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#44]
In the New London case... it was a nice middle class area with a lot of home owners.

Riviera Beach sounds like a typical ghetto shit hole- I wonder how many home owner there really are???

Kind of like new orleans... If you live in the projects- you shouldn't get shit. You didn't work, you didn't pay taxes, you didn't but or improve any property - so fuck you.

Why let a bucnh of low lifes occupy water front property???

Buy 'em out.

1 way ticket to Africa or Mexico - your choice.

Or if you want to live in a ghetto, we'll build you a new one- further inland.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
In the New London case... it was a nice middle class area with a lot of home owners.

Riviera Beach sounds like a typical ghetto shit hole- I wonder how many home owner there really are???

Kind of like new orleans... If you live in the projects- you shouldn't get shit. You didn't work, you didn't pay taxes, you didn't but or improve any property - so fuck you.

Why let a bucnh of low lifes occupy water front property???

Buy 'em out.

1 way ticket to Africa or Mexico - your choice.

Or if you want to live in a ghetto, we'll build you a new one- further inland.

shakes head in disbelief.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I will defend my home and property the same way I will defend my Second Amendment rights: with any level of force necessary. Don't push the issue.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Riviera Beach is a SHITHOLE, welfare sucking crack smoking chickencrackwhore producing shithole.

I've seen enough COPS episodes to back that up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too. If they REALLY wanted change they could enforce building codes, condemn dangerous buildings and the like while staying inside the law. However, they choose to STEAL property they are to cheap to pay going rate for. Fuckin thieves are no better then the whores, pimps and druggies that are there today.

BTW, my house is assessed at about 1/3rd it's true value, if that happened to me I'd be screwed. I'd bet its even more whacked there as far  as values go.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I do believe this is very wrong.  It is kind of like "you better sell or we will break your legs…….wait the government will do it for us".

Any of you who actually justify this by judging the people who live there either do not own property or are young.  This ruling opens the door for any private developer to attain the right connections to easily claim your land TO MAKE A PROFIT.  

Remember guys it is the little steps is how you lose them…….your weapon……your house…your rights

Another $0.02

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top