Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:04:12 PM EDT
I thought of this while reading the thread about violent video games, and didnt want to hijack the other thread. So here is my RANT- Does it bother you when computer geeks, who've only shot airsoft or bb guns, claim that they could outshoot you with real weapons because they're better at halo or BF2?

Ok, thanks for listening
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
OMFGWTFBBQ! I could totally pwn your ass, I have a high ranking on a server in Counterstrike: Source, WOOT! Lemme just chamber a round on this M16 using the forward assist and we'll do headshots from 600 yards with iron sights.

Yea... I've heard it before. They're something to laugh at.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I take it for what it's worth - nothing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, guy's who try to but into your gun convo's to talk about their new airsoft piece.  Like i give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Why should it bother you?  By them making the claim are proving with their own words their ignorance and stupidity.

You win and you didn't even have to prove it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
It ticks me off, but after shooting a real gun just once, they are instantly respectful of your all-powerful weapon craft....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yeah, guy's who try to but into your gun convo's to talk about their new airsoft piece.  Like i give a shit.

I've seen people pay more for an airsoft than the real thing costs. It makes my head hurt.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#7]
with me being a shooting/gun enthusiast, and an uber computer/video game nerd, I hate this too.  I usually call them on their BS, and ask them details about the so-called weapons that they can shoot so well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't play with children, so.... no.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I thought of this while reading the thread about violent video games, and didnt want to hijack the other thread. So here is my RANT- Does it bother you when computer geeks, who've only shot airsoft or bb guns, claim that they could outshoot you with real weapons because they're better at halo or BF2?

Ok, thanks for listening

not worth dealing with, they've clearly never handled the real thing if they're spouting off like that
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I get this at school all the time. Me and my friends are talking aobut some gun stuff and some guy starts talking aobut how cool his airsoft thing is. We just laugh  and make fun of them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
with me being a shooting/gun enthusiast, and an uber computer/video game nerd, I hate this too.  I usually call them on their BS, and ask them details about the so-called weapons that they can shoot so well.

I do the same thing, its pretty funny sometimes.
I had a guy tell me he had a silver AK in 9mm yo, it held 50 rounds in the clip.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#12]
This guy at work plays airsoft.  Supposudely he has some real guns, a .270 bolt action I think he said, but I've never seen it.  He convinced me to stop by his house on my way home from work to check out his airsoft guns.  He is always trying to get me to go play airsoft with him and his friends, its great "training" and they use "real military tactics".  

I go to look at his stuff, thought it sounded mildly interesting, he says how the guns are so accurate not like paint-ball.  The fucking things didn't even have sights on them.  

He tells me one day, "its good that you go shoot your guns all the time and can shoot them well, but that won't help you if you don't practice tactics like we do."

I said dude, your guns don't even have sights on them.  Spray and pray with "guns" that have no real range or accuracy is going to teach you infantry tactics?  Do you even know what FM 7-8 is  (I was in Army ROTC in college, fooled around on a few FTXs at fort sill)?  Then how the fuck are you learning anything about "real military tactics."

you can learn about employing REAL tactical principles with REAL guns by doing things like IDPA/IPSC, three-gun, and taking courses taught by proffessionals.  This guy thinks he is fucking rambo because he plays with piece of shit plastic toys with his faggot buddies out in the woods.  

Give me a break.  I could see where these things could be useful in training, if they had more power and range, were operated like their real counter-parts, and actually had real usable sights on them...something more realistic like the training glocks, and if they were used in a professional training environment with people who know what the fuck they were doing.

One day he tells me, check out these airsoft "M-4s" online with the "M-230? (WTF? lol) attachments.  They are MIL-SPEC and even have "field stripping."

I tried to not laugh, then asked him, WTF is field stripping?  (in reference to airsoft guns)  He looks at me and says, "its when you can open it up in the field."  He thinks having the capability to seperate your upper and lower receiver is called "field stripping".  Better make sure you keep the bore on that airsoft beauty nice and clean so that you can keep those groups down right?

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
It bugs me when the developers get stuff wrong, for example:

-Ejection ports on the wrong side (Counterstrike, Stalker)
-Recriprocating, non reciprocating operating/charging handles (and vice versa)
-No "rocking" of AK/FAL mags
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I dont think i have ever had a gamer come up to me and say OMG DOOD 1337 H4X 0|_|754007 you yay.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#15]
yes and no.  

i just cant wait till the future when we control fighting robot people with joysticks/keyboard + mouse from a computer console like the predator drones fly.  then all our 1337 gamerz out there can join the military and do FPS all day while actually blowing up real shit.

gonna be sweet, yo.  

where do i sign up!?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd shoot it out with you, but somehow my rifle has developed some sort of lag problem and I'm unable to hit shit!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'd shoot it out with you, but somehow my rifle has developed some sort of lag problem and I'm unable to hit shit!

i'm going to have to remember that one
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Saw a guy try to argue that some M4's were charged by pulling the FA, because there were lots of versions of the M4 and I had probably just seen one of them.

God I hate people.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

SO true, SOOO True
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Get it all the time.

I say prove it.

Then they realize that even at 100 yards, the target looks awfully small...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It bugs me when the developers get stuff wrong, for example:

-Ejection ports on the wrong side (Counterstrike, Stalker)
-Recriprocating, non reciprocating operating/charging handles (and vice versa)
-No "rocking" of AK/FAL mags

-Guns out of scale (GTA: San Andreas)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top