Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 6:58:15 AM EDT
I am too tired to write a true review.  Suffice it to say that Kung Fu Hustle is one of the funniest damn things I have seen in ages.  Think of it as 1930s and 40s Warner Bros. Looney Tunes meets Chinese Kung Fu Cinema.

This lady absolutely steals the whole movie.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
You should come over later so we can play doctor.

What are you looking at? Do you want the name of my tailor?

What are the red panties for? So they can find your ass in the dark?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#2]
How can I die with all this racket?!?!?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Now the eternal question on everyones mind.

.45acp   VS   Buddahs palm decending from heaven
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#4]
What?  Havent you ever seen an ice cream theif before?

Who's throwing handles?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#5]

That was one awesome movie.

Better than Shaolin Soccer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That was one awesome movie.

Better than Shaolin Soccer.

Dont let team evil hear you say that.

Shaolin soccer was awesome just for the funny things they could do, and it had a sig 550 in it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Shaolin Soccer is also pretty good
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Shaolin Soccer is also pretty good

Considering its the same cast and the main guy (stephen chow) directed both I'd imagine it would be.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#9]
 I am looking forward to seeing House of Flying Daggers...the cinemantography looks absolutely phenomenal......I hope it's better than Hero ( which was ok...but just ok)another that looks interesting is "2046".

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 I am looking forward to seeing House of Flying Daggers...the cinemantography looks absolutely phenomenal.....

If all you care about is cinematography, then you should like House of the Flying Snoreszzzzzz.....

Oh man, I almost turned it off twice during the movie.  At the same time, I couldn't stand Sleeping Tiger Snoring Dragon either.

Kung Fu Hustle is where it's at.  Great story, endearing characters, amazing fight scenes and FX...great cinematography as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok, my friends and I must be the only people who thought it was WORSE than Napolean Dynamite

My best friend's father highly reccomended it.  We kept waiting and waiting for the torrents of laughter, but it never came,  There were a few funny moments, mainly ripped off from the old buggs bunny cartoons, but that was about 30 sec worth.

Unlike Supertroopers or Kung Pow, I dont think Kung Fu Hustle would be funny drunk or stoned let alone stone sober
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
 I am looking forward to seeing House of Flying Daggers...the cinemantography looks absolutely phenomenal......I hope it's better than Hero ( which was ok...but just ok)another that looks interesting is "2046".

House of Flying Daggers is amazing.  I definitely liked it better than Hero.  The story is very Shakespearean, in a certain manner,a nd the film has a quite theatrical tragic quality to it.

I liked it a lot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Didn't like it.  Didn't like 'Super troopers' either.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:16:54 AM EDT
[#14]
"Funniest movie I have seen in AGES...Kung Fu Hustle "

I take it you haven't seen "The 40 Year old Virgin".
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

House of Flying Daggers is amazing.  I definitely liked it better than Hero.  The story is very Shakespearean, in a certain manner,a nd the film has a quite theatrical tragic quality to it.

I liked it a lot.

I rented it and am hoping to watch it on tuesday morning after work.  I love Crouching Tiger, but I thought Hero was a bit weak ( not bad...just weak )...it sounds like Flying Daggers should well entertain me!!!  Thanks for the nod!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I enjoyed KFH. I didn't think it was a fantastic movie, or hilariously funny, but it was certainly entertaining.

NTM
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Its was super funny. I let my son watch it and he laughed his ass off. Mom wasn't around of course. She would have killed me for letting him see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top