Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 12:43:54 PM EDT
It was only a matter of time...

(make sure to scroll down and check out the logo on the sleeve and back.)

Looter Gear
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for him, I told some guys here to do it.

I hope the dude makes a fortune.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised that guy isn't on the talk show circuit yet.  If anyone is going to be rich, it's him.  He will get a lawyer and demand royalties and will probably get them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm surprised that guy isn't on the talk show circuit yet.  If anyone is going to be rich, it's him.  He will get a lawyer and demand royalties and will probably get them.

Unfortunetly this is true...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]
It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the sleeve logo was created by someone from ARFCOM.

Edit to add: Yep, the sleeve logo is by "jmindler"
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387247&page=11

And it looks like the front logo was posted by "ZW17"
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387247&page=7

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would think Heineken is more likely to get involved in litigation.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The BAN is imminent!  Get 'em while you still can.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
He was in a public place, there is not a thing he can do about it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I just want to know which one of you f*ckers it is?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This is the best thing ever to happen to them - TONS of free advertising!!

The message is that their beer is so good that it's worth stealing, even when your life is in danger!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
AhhhhHaaaa That is awesome. I did not design the photoshop used on the T-shirt, it was one floating around the web. A friend of mine sent it in a email to me, she does work at a graphics design shop so I will email her and see if she knows who designed it.

Thanks for the heads up maynard_01 and LoginName
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Great, these guys have also stolen/plagiarized the logo from the movie "Catch Me If You Can".

American entrepreneurs...lol...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Great, these guys have also stolen/plagiarized the logo from the movie "Catch Me If You Can".

American entrepreneurs...lol...

ya, they should have used the same green Heineken colors for the logo on the back to tie it in to the front....amatuers....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope when he does get his royalties, they use the pictures as evidence and lock his dumb ass up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I hope when he does get his royalties, they use the pictures as evidence and lock his dumb ass up.

He will get them to. But you can't prove he stole them because there happens to be a picture of him with beer.  We all know he stole them, but that pic isn't proof.  Using someones picture for personal gain without written permission is illegal however.  So I bet he does get royalties.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn right that sleeve logo is mine, and i better see some profits from it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, its the AP photographer who took the original pic who might have an issue with how his pic was/ is used, if he copyrights his material..........
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Using someones picture for personal gain without written permission is illegal however

If that were a true statement, there would be no news, no news paper, no reporting, tabloids, internet, etc....

There is so much more to that. Look into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top