Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/29/2005 4:41:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
being able to provide for my kids as they deserve.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
being alone as in not having friends or family. Also being attacked by a bear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no fear, I AM FEAR!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I fear that the Hilda-Beast might actually get elected, thus sending the U.S. even further down the tubes than the first Klinton did.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My greatest fear is that I may never find love.  Or more specifically, that I never find the woman who loves me totally and that I love totally.    The one to share the rest of our lives with.

Followed by being childless for my entire life.

Be careful what you wish for, Grasshopper.

Maybe you'll grow old alone, but at least you'll do it in your house.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
dieing after having done nothing with my life.

so, i guess i'd say irrelevance (sp?).
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Kids? hah...Thats no problem to get....

I fear heights like a MOFO.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My greatest fear is that I may never find love.  Or more specifically, that I never find the woman who loves me totally and that I love totally.    The one to share the rest of our lives with.

Followed by being childless for my entire life.  Closely related, and almost as bad.

And I fear the exact opposite of both of those.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#9]
GOD
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
My biggest fear is not being there for my girlfriend, parents, siblings, and dogs if something where to happen to me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Surgery
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I already have no friends outside of my wife...

We do own a beautifull brand new home.. I fear that when we have kids... That I will do something to fuck up their development/childhood... like not being able to provide for them and my wife...  Or that they grow up to be another Michael Moore  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Guns
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I fear my wife not coming home from work one day.

And never finding a trace...

She refuses to carry a gun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Threads like this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 facing god
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Surgery

+1, LOL

"Minor" surgery is what OTHER people have. ANYTHING that happens to me is major surgery.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Drowning. I can swim and scuba dive, but I figure that dying slowly with a lungful of water has to suck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Minorities
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Snakes  

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Followed by being childless for my entire life.  Closely related, and almost as bad.

+1.  Just graduated college and I travel A LOT for work.  Seems like my personnal life is on hold.....  farging bills....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Failure...............plain and simple
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What do you fear most,  of all things that could happen in your own personal life?

I'm not asking about what may happen to your town, your state, your nation, or the world,  but
what do you fear most when it comes to what may happen to you PERSONALLY?

Everything else, I think I can handle.   Being the youngest of three sons,  there is a chance
that the day will come when I am the last of my original family left alive.   That doesn't inspire
fear.    Death comes to us all,  and I do not fear it.    I fear dying ALONE.

What about you?

CJ

I kinda have the same fear.  But you also never know what tomorrow will bring.  And I and deathly afraid of CLOWNS.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#25]
flying and needles.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Fire.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Not living up to my full potential.

For one example, I used to play racquetball, religiously. Pretty damn well too. Because I am such a namby pamby...I actually used to let the other guy get a few points becuase I felt sorry for the loser.

That is my greatest weakness...feeling sorry for myself and others.

I need to be more ruthless.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Not being able to provide for my family.

My wife cheating on me would be a close second.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#29]
God
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Something happening to my daughter, or me while she is still here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I fear growing old and broke.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Carnies...Circus folk...you know, they have small hands.

I have a great fear of heights/flying.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Dude, I think you roared past Sally Jesse Raphael, Dr. Phil, and DU, and went all the way to Oprah with *that* post.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Carnies...Circus folk...you know, they have small hands.

I have a great fear of heights/flying.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#35]
On a serious note. I cannot STAND needles.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Remember mama in "Throw Mama From the Train"?  That is my mother-in-law.  My fear is that my father-in-law will die and it will come live with me.

Please pray that my father-in-law stays healthy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#37]
For me I think it is a tie between not finding "the one" to grow old with and not being able to support myself.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I just cant handle x-rays. They make me sick.

Nothing else, just x-rays.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Remember mama in "Throw Mama From the Train"?  That is my mother-in-law.  My fear is that my father-in-law will die and it will come live with me.

Please pray that my father-in-law stays healthy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#40]
1st , Death/rape or serious injury to my wife or kids.

2nd, me, burning to death

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Drowning. I can swim and scuba dive, but I figure that dying slowly with a lungful of water has to suck.

I have heard that this is a rather peaceful way to go . . . just the initial struggling about not getting that first lungfull of water.

Personally I fear having my family attacked when I am not there or not prepared.  Having two young children makes it so that I am uncomfortable keeping loaded weapons around the house, so I would have to go upstairs myself to get the pistol or the shotgun out, both are well locked.

I guess you could say that I fear not having control over a volatile & dangerous situation.

The only thing I can guarantee if I am taken by suprise and unarmed is that I would take a piece of them with me and give my wife a chance to get the guns out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
What do you fear most,  of all things that could happen in your own personal life?

I'm not asking about what may happen to your town, your state, your nation, or the world,  but

Everything else, I think I can handle.   Being the youngest of three sons,  there is a chance
that the day will come when I am the last of my original family left alive.   That doesn't inspire

What about you?

CJ

What if you find perfect love and have several children. That still does not guarantee that you won't die alone. You might outlive your wife and your kids might hate you and sever contact. So when you get old get several cats to keep you company. They will be there for you when you are breathing your last. Infact they will probably sit at the foot of your bed and stare at you while you are dying. Cats are like that. What was the question again?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

What about you?

Whoa, first I'm reading a thread about ghostly photos and now this. h

A loooong time ago I used to be afraid of dying alone, but at some point you realize that you have absolutely no say in the matter. People die alone, away from their families, or without families, every day. That's pretty much what I'm looking at, and I've resigned myself to it.

I had two very different experiences in my family. My dad died of cancer 15 years ago, and we had brought him back home in his last days to care for him. He passed on with his family around him, and I guess that's about as "perfect" a death as you're going to get.

My husband, on the other hand, collapsed from a brain hemorrhage a little less than 2 years ago. He was in the hospital for five days on life support, with no hope of recovery. We (his family and I) made the decision to donate his organs, and it was only after the papers were signed that I realized that I would not have a chance to be with him when his heart actually stopped beating, and that his death was not going to be as "perfect" as my dad's was. I was leaving him in the hands of strangers. I know we did the right thing, but that bothered me for a long time.

So this brings me to my fear. I think I've done OK since he died, but it's been difficult trying to find a direction - I guess you could say that the thing I'm really afraid of is that I'm never going to feel grounded again.

I don't know what's made you ask the question, but I hope that you can find some peace with yourself. There's only so much you can control.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
GOD

what he said.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Standing in front of our Lord Jesus Christ and not be accepted into Heaven.  Nothing else even comes close-nothing.

HH
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Failure...............plain and simple

Yup.  At any given task... life, work, etc.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#48]
My main fear is Dogs. I was mauled pretty bad as little kid.

After that, never bieng part of something big, or never belonging to a group of great people. (The kind of great that helps people out when they most need it)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Standing in front of our Lord Jesus Christ and not be accepted into Heaven.  Nothing else even comes close-nothing.

HH

Why would you fear not being accepted into heaven? Either you are saved or you are not. If you are saved then you are in. Nothing to fear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Not living up to my potential.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top