Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 1:05:29 PM EDT
I ordered a few sig mags from one of the guys on ARFCOM and after about 2 weeks I e-mailed him back asking for a tracking # since I didn't get it. He sent it to me and it said it was delivered to my post office - PO Box. When I went to my post office they said it was scanned and someone picked it up. I asked my family members and no one picked up any packages for me. The funny thing is that on that same day my wife was expecting a package that was also lost.

When a package is sent to a PO Box they leave a card in the box. Then when you get your mail you bring the card to the clerk so he can get it for you. This doesn't require a signature either. I think someone in the post office scaned the 2 packages and walked off with them. What should I do about this? Isn't this a federal offense? I guess I should pay for a signature delivery next time since the insurance wouldn't pay because its considered delivered?

The package was worth $80.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What if they put your card in the wrong PO box?  Does the pickup require ID?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Draw down!

Aren't they use to it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It does require ID but if an employee scans it and walks off with it you dont need anything. This is why I think its an inside job. Someone must have scaned it  to register it as delivered then walked off with it.

It could have been put in the wrong box but the names wouldn't match on the box and ID when that person tried to claim it. If it was not picked up they would send it to the sender
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
tag for outcome.  I'd be pissed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like soem of the problems I had with my USPO Box, which is one reason I don't have one anymore (the other being that I live too far away to check it often)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
USPO tracking is a joke, a waste of money.  They will show packages as delivered that aren't.  They will not show packages as delivered that have been.  

If you confront them on it, they shrug and say there is nothing they can do about it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Also try to have the sender not put any info on the package referring to guns, valuables, etc.  I know one vendor I used quit putting his business name on the return address because he was losing packages.  The name had the word "pistol" in it.

The  last 3 delivery confirmations I paid for at the PO never were in the computer tracking.  What a scam!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Several times I have had parcel p/u cards in my box, and when I went to get them, it was for another po box, not mine.

Last one I gave back was a tube from g.loomis.  It was a tempting one to keep.  I turned them all back in to the PO.  Makes me wonder how many of my packages were misplaced.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Even if I had it sent with insurance they would have told me that it was delivered
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]
They finally found the packages.

My father picked them up  yesterday while I was at work

My question is; why did they tell me someone picked them up because it was scaned?

Most likely someone tried to take them and when I complained they started to investigate. The scumbag that tried taking them probibly got scared and put them back
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I get these cards all the time in my company PO box. Yes, they are supposed to check ID, but they never do. I pick up whoever's name is on the card and I have yet to have my ID checked for it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Postal inspectors.

Normally they are pretty indifferent to when you get ripped off, but the theft of mail out of the post office is a big deal and they will investigate.

File a complaint with the postal inspectors immediately.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Reply withdrawn for "all legal purposes."
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Sometimes they are just morons...ordered some mags last month and they arrived at my post office and then sent it back to sender for no reason...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top