Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:53:28 PM EDT
Holy shitstorm!  I didn't realize how vicious such "pacifists" could get!

Anyway, as I said a couple days or so ago, I wanted to see Dinesh D'Souza talk about Iraq.  He had a lot of good points, although a Muslim professor said it wasn't fair for him to generalize about a culture he wasn't part of.  Fair enough.  So then there's the question and answer session.  

First you get the random NO BLOOD FOR OIL bs.

So the last thing to piss me off was the less climactic one.  It was just some dude saying, "How do you think the Native Americans feel about our taking their land?  Oh yeah, they're ALL dead!"  Ha.  So then he goes on to say, "Oh well how do you think those Filipinos feel about the Philippine Insurrection when we killed off a huge chunk of their population?"  I felt like saying, bitch please.  My mom got over it.  Because this is ALL in the past.  

As a side note, Asian culture gets over crap surprisingly easily.  Just to generalize, Japanese people don't hate us with a passion.  They're not out bombing our embassies and killing our people because they're bigger than that.  Japanese men locked in internment camps went on to marry white women, for crying out loud.  I seriously doubt their bargaining chip in an argument was, "Oh, your people oppressed me for so long..."  We've grown with them since then.  We share our culture, our technology, etc.  Why is that so hard to get over?  I don't hate EVERYONE of Middle Eastern descent, or Japanese, or Germans (because they killed the great uncle I never met in WWII)  And with this said, why do black people still say we're oppressing them when we're not?  But I digress.  But not really.  Point is, it's behind us.  

So anyway, the first guy to speak says, "I served in Iraq for 36 months, and those were NOT my intentions.  I feel that I helped do something for those people.  I would not have gotten shot in the back for oil.  I would not have seen my commandant die that day for oil."  

Then... "Oh, well maybe you didn't go there for that, but the government sent you there for that."  Way to piss on someone's duty to YOUR country, asshole!

Then, when D'Souza tells them what they don't want to hear, they start cussing.  Mind you, there are children at this thing.  Why do liberals feel the need to do this?  Real mature.  Liberals (and I'm just talking the far left here) just haven't quite matured yet.  Mind you, if you can have an intelligent conversation and not start dropping f-bombs and clearly state your side, fine.  But none of them did that this evening.  Good job, guys.

/rant off

- Jenny
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...Hippies smell like crap and hate america...

- Jenny

Yes liberals love to live their fantasy worlds on college campuses. I hate the Libs at FIU, they all stink and are the most disgusting people I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Hippies smell like crap and hate america...

- Jenny

Yes liberals love to live their fantasy worlds on college campuses. I hate the Libs at FIU, they all stink and are the most disgusting people I've seen.

Haha took the words right out of my mouth

I've always wondered why they stay but then I realized if they leave they'd no longer have an excuse (or right) to protest and not shower.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Same as it ever was.  Let's turn back the clock 15 years (GW1), when I was attending a university.  "No blood for oil" was a chant then as well.  

Anybody who doesn't believe that oil is a good reason to be there is completely naive...  When viewing a college town, it's important to understand that they are a net consumer of funds, as opposed to being a contributor.  That is, they benefit from state support, cash flow from elsewhere (parents paying), or from delayed funding (student loans).  Don't understimate the impact of this amount of money injected into a local environment.  Often, this gives them an unrealistic outlook on life, one where money is simply there when it's asked for...  In such a town, going 'green' is easy, as why not pay 5 million dollars for a windmill farm that will provide $35,345 anually worth of clean electricty. for it's 20 year life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top