Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:06:07 PM EDT
I just came back from the theater disappointed. I thought it was going to be a shootem up action flick. I left thinking "was that an anti gun flick"? I think it was. Was it written by Mikey Moore? Did anyone else feel this way?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't. But that's because I didn't waste my money on that fuckin' piece of IANSA shit!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Who's the Smokey?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was a decent movie....until the end turned into a political ad.

so, two thumbs up for the first 95% of the movie, two thumbs down for the last 5%
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Really?  Anti gun? Funny, thats what the 27 other Lord of War threads said.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just came back from the theater disappointed. I thought it was going to be a shootem up action flick. I left thinking "was that an anti gun flick"? I think it was. Was it written by Mikey Moore? Did anyone else feel this way?

You must be the only person who has gone to see it. Let's just say its box office hasn't exactly been boffo.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
It wasn't exactly full, matter of fact, less than 10 people.

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be the only person who has gone to see it. Let's just say its box office hasn't exactly been boffo.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw it last week, yall know who the Marine officer was he was talking too right?  

it was good, but it had some anti gun undertones thrown in.  BUT imho... I don't think that an anti gunner woulda thought it was anti-gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]

It's pretty much done here in Massachusetts. If an antigun movie won't even attract people in antigun MA, it must be a real snoozer.

Quoted:
It wasn't exactly full, matter of fact, less than 10 people.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The people I spoke to about it said it was more against the selling of guns to africa, and not against guns in general.

I agree. Fuck africa and their ethnic cleansing and "deading".
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The people I spoke to about it said it was more against the selling of guns to africa, and not against guns in general.

**waits for someone to come in and say that every man woman and child in the world has a god given right to have a gun no matter what their situation and under no circumstances should anyone ever ever ever deny them that right**
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I thought the brother did the right thing.  All a man can do is his best, after all.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Mrphelps:
**waits for someone to come in and say that every man woman and child in the world has a god given right to have a gun no matter what their situation and under no circumstances should anyone ever ever ever deny them that right**

So do you want the US to sell guns to terrorists, just because? There is a right to have a gun, yes, but that doesnt mean I want a bunch of dirty mother fuckers to have them. Go sell a gun to a terrorist, you seem to support it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#13]
From Nicholas Cage's mouth

"I thought this movie was interesting because you see all the movies about the drug trade, but there hasn't really been one about the gun trade until now."

So apparently there is a correlation between an inherently illegal business (illegal narcotics trade) and the largely legal trade of firearms (except for dickholes like the one Cage depicts in this movie)
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=136&t=390821
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top