Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 8:31:27 PM EDT
At there the first time tonight. Very good
Anybody who doesnt know its a mongolian grill that is a make your own stirfry stuff
You start by going to a buffet island and taking a bowl and then choosing a raw meat(from pork to shrimp and everything in between) then pick a noodle type and then vegetables all raw. Then you go to a sauce bar and mix different flavors to get things like sweet and sour and other creations.  Then go to a big round flat grill and the guys cook it right there and slap it on a plate.  

All you can eat goodness for $12 evening rate.  Good stuff try it if you have one
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What in the chocolate-covered Christ is HUHOT?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What in the chocolate-covered Christ is HUHOT?

Haha its a chain that we got about 6 months ago. Basically "chinese" food that you make your own way from start to finish.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds damn tasty.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It really is. Its almost overwhelming as far as selection and choices.  I just threw randomness together as I was trying to get the feel for what I was doing and it turned out damn good.  I might even go again tomarrow
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it, used to eat there once a week or so.

Funny story. One time a couple friends of mine and I were eating there and in walks Corey Taylor (Lead singer of Slipknot and Stone Sour) and a "entourage". You see alot of the Slipknot band members around Des Moines, just didn't expect to meet one at a Hu Hot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to check it out.  They just opened about a month ago here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought it was a new product from These Guys.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have to check it out.  They just opened about a month ago here.

Definately.  God I crave it now haha like crack or ARs
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah.

HuHot is an awesome place to eat.  I always get one bowl of meat and then another bowl with the 'fixins.  I usually put about 3 spoons of the hottest shit they have (the name of it eludes me right now), a scoop of hot chili oil, a scoop of teriyaki, and one scoop of seseme oil.

The bad thing is I pay for it hte next morning.    Think of the worst "morning after" you've ever had with a certain favorite Mexican dish.... now triple the damage.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I like that place too, I visit the one near Southern Hills Mall.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like Mongolian Barbeque.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
It's pretty F-inig good.  Don't go durinig the usual rush times though you will get bored.  do it at like 4:00 or something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oh yeah.

HuHot is an awesome place to eat.  I always get one bowl of meat and then another bowl with the 'fixins.  I usually put about 3 spoons of the hottest shit they have (the name of it eludes me right now), a scoop of hot chili oil, a scoop of teriyaki, and one scoop of seseme oil.

The bad thing is I pay for it hte next morning.    Think of the worst "morning after" you've ever had with a certain favorite Mexican dish.... now triple the damage.  

Haha amen to that.  Every sauce is oil based.  Your lucky if you made it till the next morning haha I hardly made it to the parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Mongolian BBQ... it's okay. Unless you master the art of bowl stuffing, it's sort of a ripoff because the fixings shrink way way down in volume.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Mongolian BBQ... it's okay. Unless you master the art of bowl stuffing, it's sort of a ripoff because the fixings shrink way way down in volume.

What does it matter, since HuHot lets you go up as many times as you want?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Aaah see.. now THAT'S a big difference!!

We don't have Hu Hot around here. Just family owned Mongolian BBQ places.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top