Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 5:05:57 PM EDT
I've begun to undertake an enormous project, one which I hope will at least lead to a book. I began by writing descriptions of a few subcultures and illustrating them, which led me to think, wouldn't it be great to have a massive catalog of all the various cliques, archetypes, and subcultures?

Hence my formation of the Institute for the Study of Subculture Dynamics. Currently consisting of me and two other people who think it sounds fun, we're going to try to classify and compile information on the various subcultures existing within society (Goths, Emos, Stoners, Football nuts, etc. and their subclasses). I'm also making this an open project, meaning anybody can contribute (but contributions can be rejected), and all work generated by it is public domain.

So, does anybody here want to make a contribution (the only imbursement is for staff; the only payment other contributers get is credit for their articles)? Anybody feel like they could regularly contribute and be staff? Input? Ideas? Think I'm a dumbass?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If you were really a subculture afficienado I would guess you'd already be aware of this book by famed subculture icon R.U. Sirius:

www.counterculturethroughtheages.com/
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]

When I was combing my university library for a particular article (the computer claimed int was on microfilm somewhere...), the reference librarian and I ran across a large cabinet with exactly what you're talking about.  Sociological/psychological culture studies from around the world.

If I think of it, I'll stop by that floor of the library and see what it was called.

Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top