Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:43:16 PM EDT
that was actually a winner? I'm getting hits on my resume, but they're all losers. "Sell Life Insurance", "Sell Service Contracts", and so on. I'm deleting all non-hackers as I get them.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
<crickets>
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I know two people who got good jobs from hits on their resumes on Monster.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I never got anything worthwhile, or even remotely related to what I was seeking...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I never got anything worthwhile, or even remotely related to what I was seeking...

+1...or CareerBuilder either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.  What usually happened was that recruiters / HR reps would contact me via e-mail and requested another resume to be sent directly to them.  In about a month / two months, they would call me for a phone interview.  If they liked what they hear, then they'd fly me to the job site for person to person interview.  Long, tedious process (depends what field you're in).

Good Luck!

King of Swing
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I got two good-paying jobs off of Monster. They lasted about 3 years each.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine is up there now but I have only got sell american liberty life insurance, or something like that.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Same here, Monster seems to be more for high-speed engineer/doctor types than it does anybody else, and those kind of people usually don't really need someone to tell them where the jobs are
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top