Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:05:06 PM EDT
Ok. To set the stage a little:

1. I work for a rather large corporation, with a small crew, manufacturing wire and cable.

2. The above said crew is full of IDIOTS!

3. The aforementioned company is talking about getting one of those emergency defibrilators(sp?) for CPR.

4.The above idiots are going to be the ones to use the device when it is needed.

What would be my options, legal of course, to decline their using it on me if it came to it?

I really would rather die than to have those idiots fingers on the button that could possibly save me. This is the type of idiots that surely have their trail marked between the factory and their homes just so they wont get lost!

I would really like to come up with something legal and binding that would force them into keeping their hands off of me unless they are a certified EMT.

HELP!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Just let them read what you wrote here.  I'm sure they would decline to revive you then.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would really like to come up with something legal and binding that would force them into keeping their hands off of me unless they are a certified EMT.

Good luck. Once you lose consciousness any treatment given is considered to be done under implied consent. You could look into a DNR order, but then again, that would keep the EMTs from working on you also. Assuming you had it on you and they could find it. Typically 'Good Samaritan' laws will protect the responders legally as long as nothing outright negligent is done. Of course, all this depends on variations in your state/local laws.

Modern AEDs are pretty much idiot-proof. Lighten up, Francis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top