Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 11:20:28 AM EDT
It is my job at church to help lock up after the morning service. I forgot my CamelBack that I carry everywhere so I had to go back in and get it after everyone had left. I found a snake crawling across the floor, so I decided to pick it up and bring it home. Now, how do I keep a snake alive? what do I feed it? how much air does it need?

Its a small green snake about a foot long and .5 inches in diameter. Any Idea on what type?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
hopefully one that isn't poisonous.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]

The snake experts on this site will probably need pics to I.D. it

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#3]
gardner snake
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I m at school and cant get pics, but he looks like a long garter snake that is green if that helps.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#5]
find a nice place and let him go, then you wont have to worry about it
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Gardner. Don't know what they eat, maybe frogs?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I m at school and cant get pics, but he looks like a long garter snake that is green if that helps.

Minnows, baby dwarf hamsters, worms..... thats what I fed mine. She was about 3.5-4 feet long when she died, I was in college and not home at the time. She was a cool snake she'd chill out on my shoulder and hang out while I was doing stuff around the house. Or coil around my arm and just chill while I was watching tv and stuff.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top