Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:33:59 AM EDT
I want to make some Pico, but don't know how. Anyone? How long does it keep?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Here it is:  Click Here

Looks Kinda Nasty.  Is it a dip like salsa?

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Best within 1 day... probably keep it (wrapped and refrigerated) for up to 3 days.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Chorus:
Pico de gallo
You ought to give it a try-o
Even if you’re from Ohio
It’ll get you by-o
Don’t get it in your eye-o
Unless you want to cry-o
So come on don’t be shy-o
Eat some pico de gallo

It’s got jalapenos
I reckon y’all have seen those
They’re kinda hot for gringos
And probably flamingos
Just add some tomatillos
Onions and cilantro
Lime juice and tomatos
You’ve got pico de gallo

(chorus)

It was Cinco de Mayo
And I was down on the Bayou (that’s Bi-yoh to you northern types)
With my good friend Venus de Milo
We were watchin’ Hawaii Five 0
She wanted some French Fry-os
Or maybe apple pie-o
And I said why oh why-o
We’ve got pico de gallo

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]
That recipe doesn't have near enough onion or Jalapenos in my opinion.  The rest of it looks okay but I would put about 2 jalapenos and at least a cup of onion to 1 1/2 cup tomatos, but thats just me,  and I dont seed or peel the tomatoes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell man, you're from Texas and your asking how to make pico.....

You dont need a recipe for this kinda stuff, just get tomatoes, onion, jalepeno, and lime juice throw it all together in whatever proportion suits you. Dump it over some beef fajita meat and die a happy man.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
The first place I go for recipes:

www.epicurious.com/recipes/find/results?search=pico+de+gallo

Looks like they have seven recipes that are for or include pico de gallo. I've found some good recipes there.  There are also reviews posted by readers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hell man, you're from Texas and your asking how to make pico.....

You dont need a recipe for this kinda stuff, just get tomatoes, onion, jalepeno, and lime juice throw it all together in whatever proportion suits you. Dump it over some beef fajita meat and die a happy man.

Just cause I'm from Texas doesn't mean I know how to cook or make the traditional mexican dishes. I do know how to make taco's does that count. I am experimenting with making some big assed burrito's and needed a good Pico recipe. Thanks for all of the recipes I think I got it now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]
seeded and chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, chopped Serranos (none of the jalapeno shit), cilantro to taste.  Garlic and lime juice are for gringos.

This is a salsa fresca, no cooking and generally not kept too long.  And it should be dry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top