Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:41:20 AM EDT
Fucking cocksuckers.  My wife, who has been working her ass off to get our house renovated while I've been away for 6 weeks getting things ready for our move to FL, was called yesterday by our regular agent, saying we had a showing this morning.  She's been working very hard all week at work as well.  Has to work all weekend as well.  So her time is limited.  She gets home last night, spends all evening cleaning the house, getting it spotless, arranged, etc.  10AM comes around, the realtor (not ours, another) shows up with the people who want to see the property.  They sit there for 10 minutes, not coming out of their car.  My wife opens the door, waves, and they avoid eye contact.  She starts to walk towards their car, and they fucking drive off!  My wife was standing there, mouth agape, almost crying because of all her hard work and re-arranging her busy work schedule.

And this same fucking outfit wants another showing tomorrow?  Probably a different realtor, but same office.

This has happened (though not as dramatically - simply never showing up) 3 other times with different agents.  Whatever happened to common courtesy?  If they weren't interested in the house, why the fuck did they show up?  I'm tempted to have my agent call this other outfit up and tell them to FOAD and not even think about bringing people over anymore to view.

Doesn't "showing" = "coming in, looking around, etc."?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't blame the realtor.  (not that I haven't had my fair share of lazy retards lately)

Blame the fickle, inconsiderate prospective buyer.

What happened to your wife is apparently comon;  the buyer's agent identifies a prospective listing, makes the appt. since 'their buyers time is SOOOO valuable they can only afford one appt'.  They all meet up at the house, with the buyer having never even seen the layout, neighborhood, etc.  They take one look around, and for whatever reason they deep six it without even going inside...

Common courtesy DOES say that a interested buyer should drive by the house FIRST, and get an idea of neighborhood, house type, property size, etc.

THEN, and only then if still interested does the buyer make an appt through their buyers agent, to contact the seller's agent to schedule a showing.

I did this ad naseum recently while shopping for the house I bought. (close on wednesday)  I would even PUSH the boundary at times, by walking around the house on the property line to make sure the house and property was ideal for me if it seemed like I really liked the family potential from the street side of the house.  (I'm totally aware this is borderline tresspassing; but I always had a printed copy of the MLS listing, and would have been happy to explain my reasons for presence.  I at NO TIME would walk up to the side of the structure;  only follow the perceived property lines...  Most neighbors just waved when they saw me, and I waved and smiled back politely.)

Problem is, today, you have tons of inconsiderate, rude, ignorant idiots that think they can just make the world revolve around them.

Hang in there and keep doing it the way you have been; or, don't give a crap and always show the house as is.  First will get you better selling price, second will get you a lower offer, if at all;  choice is yours.

E.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Doesn't "showing" = "coming in, looking around, etc."?

No.

They could hate your elevation and drive off. They could hate the curb appeal and drive off. They could hate the way your neighbors look..There are many different reasons why.

At a minimum, the showing Realtor should call your listing agent and give them feedback why they did not come in. But getting feedback is like pulling teeth.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
When I was househunting, I had my time wasted repeatedly by realtors who misrepresented properties.  I was ADAMANT about wanting a dining room (NOT a corner of the living room with a lamp), and they would take me to homes with no dining room.  I also wanted a porch or deck, and once was taken to a home with a "deck" that was nothing more than the top step leading to the back door.  I was taken to split level houses, i spite of telling them I would not buy one.  

Maybe these people needed a single story house and yours is two story, or something else easily determined without getting out of the vehicle.  While I can certainly empathize with your wife's frustration, at least her time wasn't further wasted by them coming in if they knew at the curb that it was not what they wanted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
No jabs at you my friend, can I call you my friend? most insurance agents I've dealt with always waste my time wanting to sell me more insurance than I need. Like D_Hineline says.....I to have only purchased *distressed properties. *Distressed meaning AUCTION ONLY, or we buy houses for cash!   Tell her to look @ it this way,...its ready for the next fish.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Wolf, you're only looking for ONE buyer in a world of tire kickers.  

Buy your wife something nice for her hard work and be generous.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Trust me - I owe her the fucking world right now for what she's having to go through.  I'd die for my wife, she's that important to me.  I'm going to have to come up with something very special for her after what she's been through for the last 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me - I owe her the fucking world right now for what she's having to go through.  I'd die for my wife, she's that important to me.  I'm going to have to come up with something very special for her after what she's been through for the last 6 weeks.

It's all going to work out Greywolf, trust me!

I'd reccomend a romantic dinner for Mrs. Greywolf to start off!

ETA-Is your house under a "MLS" listing? Maybe that's why you have different relators coming(IIRC MLS listings mean ANYONE can show your house.)  I don't know much about the world of real estate, but it seems like these realators are a bunch of scumbags.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#9]

I don't know much about the world of real estate, but it seems like these realators are a bunch of scumbags.

I take that as a compliment, you guys here at arfcom have called us worse. It is REALTOR. Only two drops of the bottom jaw, not three.

I'd be ticked if the home were not listed in the MLS.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't know much about the world of real estate, but it seems like these realators are a bunch of scumbags.

I take that as a compliment, you guys here at arfcom have called us worse. It is REALTOR. Only two drops of the bottom jaw, not three.

Are you a realtor, ZFB? I didn't know that, I didn't mean to offend you.  I was directing it at the realtors that Greywolf and Mrs. Greywolf are dealind with.

I would think that a MLS listing would bring more agents to the listed house.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#11]
It also is advisable for the seller to not be present when the buyers are looking at the house.  Many buyers never even want to meet the sellers.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It also is advisable for the seller to not be present when the buyers are looking at the house.  Many buyers never even want to meet the sellers.  

Maybe things will go better once she and the animals are out of the house.  Two weeks and counting.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#13]
If I had to guess, I would bet the prospective buyers were talked into visiting your house by their realtor. Upon getting there, they were probably looking for something else.

This happens all the time especially when  buyers  do NOT do a "drive by" first.

As one who has been looking at houses for about the last 2 years, my wife and I will never go for a viewing without having been by first in order to see if it is a house in the style, etc. we like. No use in wasting our time and the sellers.

A friend of mine was selling his house about 2 years ago and to make a long story short, he had some potential buyers that came to look at his house *5* times and never even made an offer. I cannot believe their (buyers) realtor did that.

I think you would be wise to have your realtor call up this other outfit and find out what is going on. Driving off before viewing and not keeping appointments is VERY unproffessional and all they are doing is wasting EVERYONE'S time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe things will go better once she and the animals are out of the house.  Two weeks and counting.

As silly as it sounds, I think it will show much better with nobody in it.  

My wife is a Realtor and there is no end to the madness from other Realtors, buyers, and sellers...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you a realtor, ZFB? I didn't know that, I didn't mean to offend you.  I was directing it at the realtors that Greywolf and Mrs. Greywolf are dealind with.

I would think that a MLS listing would bring more agents to the listed house.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Bingo! WTF were you guys doing there during a showing? If I was a prospective buyer and I saw that the seller was at home, and running out the door to talk to me, I would drive the fuck off too. I use the realtor to deal with realtors. If I want to deal with the owner I can look at FSBO's. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#17]
When the wife and I were looking we looked for the area we wanted to live in.
I have a limited amount of time so I took charge of the process.  I found a guy at my church that was a realtor and just gave him the few listings in the same 'hood that I wanted to live in.
I know they are supposed to drive you all over, but hey you’re the one who's going to be living there. YOU should know what the market and neighborhood looks like.
I have heard all the horror stories about people showing up, canceling, and arriving at the wrong times.  My wife and I wanted to be courteous buyers and not waste anyone’s time, most importantly ours.  All our listings were in a 1 mile area.

One positive is at least it' getting shown. I feel for your wife, but don’t sweat it.
Sales are a numbers game. Plain and simple.
I also thought that being home was a big no-no to selling a home.
I also think that people view animals in the house as a negative as well.  
I know it's a hassle but if I was selling my home and owned a pet I would remove ALL signs of the pet. Maybe keep a kennel outside?  
People that don't have pets will look at pets in the house as a negative (even if the place is immaculate, not sure why it’s just how it is).
It’s all about the showing.  Give the prospective buyers the least amount of negatives.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#18]
A good realtor is a pearl beyond price.  We just went thru the building new/selling old process, and if not for the lady we've used for 15 years it NEVER would have come about.   As it was, we had enough problems.

First buyer walked out of the closing.   Second buyer just flat out dissappeared after going thru inspection.  Third buyer had a crook for an agent and misrepresented his financial status about the loan.  (His earnest check bounced to boot)

Sold to the 4th one. A single mom with three kids.

The lady  worked her ass off to sell a home that barely earned her 6K.  Then gave us 1% back because of all the troubles.  Even bought my wife a housewarming gift.

The Real Estate field is a lot like the legal field.  80% are crooks, it's your job to find that 20%.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I have found thet most agents are idiots that just want the sale.
My self & a friend are both looking to mover to AZ we have been throu 4 agents due to taking the time to fly out & look at property that the agent has selected going buy my buddies requirments(wife,baby,needs garage 4+ cars or land to build garage) last trip we looked at 9 houses only 1 had all of the requirements and 3 had no garages at all. So there were times we did not get out of the car as well. One agent was pusshing my buddy to make a offer on a house that did not match any criteria he told the agent he needed she was the last one he fired he is still looking for a replacement.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#20]
First of all, I resent the title of your post.  MOST Real Estate Agents Piss Me Off?  You are basing your opionion of REALTORS from 3 or 4 that you have had contact with?  Give me a break.  

There are bad seeds in every profession.  I would be willing to bet that most of the problems you have seen had more to do with the buyers than the REALTOR (always capitalized and with the Registered symbol).

I always send my clients a list with all the pertinent info and pictures of homes that match their criteria and then let them decide on which ones they want to see.  In the case you mentioned, it seemed as though there was something about the house once they got their that was not up to their expectations.  Pictures sometimes do not always represent the house as well as you would think.  I DO however, think that since an appointment was made that the REALTOR should have called immediately and explained to your wife why they had drove off or atleast called your REALTOR and gave an explaination.  I show a lot of courtesy to the sellers because I represent both buyers and sellers and know that is involved in getting a home ready to show.

Yes, your wife and pets should have been gone.  This is something your REALTOR should have advised you about.  At the least, have the pets kenneled in the garage or outside or something.  Pets can be a big factor in selling a home.

Just because you have had a bad experience with a couple real estate agents, don't think that MOST of us are "Scumbags" as someone mentioned.  We are working 7 days a week trying to make a living like anyone else and when we leave the office, that does not mean we are off the clock.  My phone rings 7 days a week and all hours of the day and night.  We work with sellers and buyers sometimes for months and never make one penny.  We are commission only and if we don't make a sale, we don't get a dime.  We get no benefits, no sick time, no paid vacation, etc.   Our brokers get their cut, we have to pay all our taxes ourselves, take out our expenses (like dues, HIGH GAS COSTS, cell bills, copies, office equipment, car expenses, etc) and then maybe we have enough left over to pay a bill or two and eat.

Other than the REALTOR not calling and explaining why they did not come in, I see no problem.  The buyers are who we work for, and if they don't want to see it, then we move on.  Maybe compared to what they had already seen that day, it didn't compete, so they wanted to move on.  There could be so many reasons.  Please have your REALTOR call theirs, just so you know if there is something maybe you could change.

It is VERY, VERY stressful to buy or sell a home.  I always prepare my buyers and sellers in the beginning for it.  I commend your wife on her hard work and I am sure in the end you and her will be rewarded for your hard work.   Just lay off us REALTORS, we are hard at work to help people and just because you had a bad experience or two does not represent MOST REALTORS.

Good Luck on selling, I hope it sells soon!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The Real Estate field is a lot like the legal field.  80% are crooks, it's your job to find that 20%.

And YOU are qualified to make this statement?  How?  

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have found thet most agents are idiots that just want the sale.

You must know well over a million agents to qualify this statement.  Yes, as I stated, there are bad seeds in every occupation.  Fortunately, our job is commission only and the bad ones don't last long.  I welcome you and others that are so quick to judge to go down and go to school, get your license and get out there on the streets and try to find business to make a living.  It ain't easy.  But the majority are good hard-working people that love to help people.  I do it because I love to HELP people.  I was in law enforcement for over 12 years because I love to help people.

When I take a listing, most of the time it is for half of what most agents charge.  If I did it for the money, I wouldn't do that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And YOU are qualified to make this statement?  How?  

I married one of the honest ones, My sister is also an agent, and have bought and sold  7 pieces of property over the last 12 years, the last just back in July.  If the shoe fits, wear it. If you are part of that 20%, it shouldn't bother you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#24]
JohninAustin speaks the truth.  Real Estate Agents are a better dressed version of car salesmen -- the majority are only out to make money with no regard for you whatsoever, which is why they conveniently forget certain details about the homes/cars they are trying to sell.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I am sure that I know and have worked with many more agents than the two of you and I still don't agree.   You use the words like "majority", "most" and "80%" and I still know you are exagerating.

Thankfully, I am in your underestimated 20%.  If we were talking about your occupation, then I am sure you would be there to defend your fellow professionals.  Yes, there are a few bad seeds, but like I said, they cannot survive long in this field like that.

I feel the same way about mechanics, lawyers, car salesmen and some other occupations, but I do not go ranting about the "majority", "most" or "80%" of them, because I have not had contact with those millions of people in each profession to make that kind of statement.

I wish all of you better dealings with REALTORS in the future.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo! WTF were you guys doing there during a showing? If I was a prospective buyer and I saw that the seller was at home, and running out the door to talk to me, I would drive the fuck off too. I use the realtor to deal with realtors. If I want to deal with the owner I can look at FSBO's. Just my opinion.

Because I don't want some dickwad and his brood to let my animals out of my fucking house.  THAT is why my wife was there.  My house, my rules.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I've dealt with some good ones.  Don't wish to insult the good ones.  This whole ordeal and the lack of common courtesy is what pissed me off.  Actually, anyone acting that way, regardless of their profession, would have pissed me off.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I wish you the best my friend.  I am hoping that you can get some control over your angry attitude, because it is not going to help you and your wife sell your home.

Like I said, I wish you the best.  Remember, the way you conduct yourself in this transaction can make a huge difference in the ways things play out.

If you can send me a link of your home from REALTOR.COM, I would be glad to take a look at the pics and info and see if there is any helpful info I can provide.  What is your days on market and how does this compare to the current market?  Are you within range of market value for your home?

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I wish you the best my friend.  I am hoping that you can get some control over your angry attitude, because it is not going to help you and your wife sell your home.

Like I said, I wish you the best.  Remember, the way you conduct yourself in this transaction can make a huge difference in the ways things play out.

If you can send me a link of your home from REALTOR.COM, I would be glad to take a look at the pics and info and see if there is any helpful info I can provide.  What is your days on market and how does this compare to the current market?  Are you within range of market value for your home?

Good Luck!

Not going to respond to or qualify your first statement.

Thank you for your offer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#30]
My general experience with realtors is that they would have all went to law school IF they were smart enough.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
JohninAustin speaks the truth.  Real Estate Agents are a better dressed version of car salesmen -- the majority are only out to make money with no regard for you whatsoever, which is why they conveniently forget certain details about the homes/cars they are trying to sell.

My truck salesman, who sold me my last 2 trucks, switched over to selling real estate,
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#32]
The thing I love about arfcom, is that no one does what the other guy does yet everyone is an expert.

I do not know what is worse, the ignorance and jealousy I see people posting in this thread or the sad fact that someone is out there trying to do something with little help or education prior to.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My general experience with realtors is that they would have all went to law school IF they were smart enough.

And you do what?

Thats what I thought....

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#34]
guess it would have been better the prospective buyers came in and said, nice cleaning job, then drove off?  Fact they drove off means they're not interested in the house, forgetaboutem.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Blame the fickle, inconsiderate prospective buyer.

Yup. When we were looking for houses we went through penty of houses that didn't fit the bill when we pulled in the driveway. We felt we at least should give the house a chance since the owner took the time to get it ready to show us and the realor took the time to show it to us. On the other hand sometimes realtors show you house that they KNOW you're not going to be interested in.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hang in there, Greywolf. (and especially Mrs. Greywolf!) We just finished...I hope! Closing is on Monday the 3rd...selling my GF's house. HER Realtor is great, but none of the others I observed were worth a damn. The one whose client bought the house has all the drive and personality of a stick...seriously! WE sold the house to the guy and were able to do that because we were there. Had we NOT been on site, I am certain the deal would never have been made. She has dogs that are kept inside and there was a specific notation made for the MLS that an appointment had to be made in advance. (So we could do the "Fire Drill" with dog crates and kennels, cleaning floors, etc. before a potential buyer arrived)

I was there one day when a realtor called and tried to badger me into showing the house within 15 minutes (she was at work)...I walked out to his car (he was in the driveway when he called!) and told him and his client to pound sand...he was not a happy camper, but he did not know what I REALLY wanted to do to him!

The house sold after some 8 weeks on the market and at full market value. You will be fine...just persevere, my man...persevere!

Thanks, Ikor.

What pisses me off is the last time I sold my other house, my realtor never did SHIT.  Luckily, despite what some people here say about not being there when a prospective buyer comes buy, I WAS there.  Somebody drove by, I waved at them, they stopped, we talked, and I basically sold the house.  All the Realtor did was set up the closing - but I was the one who sold it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
guess it would have been better the prospective buyers came in and said, nice cleaning job, then drove off?  Fact they drove off means they're not interested in the house, forgetaboutem.

I just figured that when someone says "WE WANT A SHOWING AT 10AM" it means they want to see the house.  Wife did a lot of work to prepare it.  Sort of like someone accepting an invite for dinner, driving up, then leaving.  Not nice.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#39]
There is always the option of getting rid of your REALTOR, going to home depot and buying some For Sale by Owner signs and doing it all yourself.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
There is always the option of getting rid of your REALTOR, going to home depot and buying some For Sale by Owner signs and doing it all yourself.

Difficult to do when I'm 700 miles away.  I think I'll just rent it out for now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Greywolf2112,
Do you feel like your realtor is not helping you?
If not I would move on to a different one.  You seem pretty upset about more than just this couple driving off (at least that’s how it appears). Maybe chat with your realtor and explain to him your concerns about this deal. He's working for you.
FWIW It seems counter productive to tell a real estate company to go pound sand, especially one that is showing your home to buyers.  The more people that are exposed to your property the better.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Amen bro my parents are having a bitch of a time with their realtor being lazy and braindead
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The problem with real estate agents is that the barrier to entry is so low that everyone and their brother can get in if they want. Couple that with a very hot market and you're going to get a flood of people into the profession....many of whom will be tools just like the general population.  

Of the agents I've dealt with, about 20% were pretty cool and helpful. There were about 20% that were total assholes that I would NEVER deal with again under any circumstances and there were about 60% who fell somewhere along the scale.  

I don't hate agents/realtors, mainly because they're just trying to make a buck like everyone else. I guess you do what you have to do.

For the most part selling a house is not a complicated endeavour, basically you're paying for MLS access and a key to the lockbox. Not really worth 6% to me but it's a cartel (for now) so you do what you have to do.

Good luck Greywolf, getting a house ready to sell is a pain in the ass but it should be worth it in the end.

Oh yeah....welcome to Florida!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Greywolf2112,
Do you feel like your realtor is not helping you?
If not I would move on to a different one.  You seem pretty upset about more than just this couple driving off (at least that’s how it appears). Maybe chat with your realtor and explain to him your concerns about this deal. He's working for you.
FWIW It seems counter productive to tell a real estate company to go pound sand, especially one that is showing your home to buyers.  The more people that are exposed to your property the better.

Yeah, I've just been under a lot of stress lately, and being away from my wife for 6 weeks, her being under lots of stress as well, etc. hasn't helped.  This was the cherry on the shit sundae.

Gonna not worry about it and just let it go.  Shit happens.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem with real estate agents is that the barrier to entry is so low that everyone and their brother can get in if they want. Couple that with a very hot market and you're going to get a flood of people into the profession....many of whom will be tools just like the general population.  

Of the agents I've dealt with, about 20% were pretty cool and helpful. There were about 20% that were total assholes that I would NEVER deal with again under any circumstances and there were about 60% who fell somewhere along the scale.  

I don't hate agents/realtors, mainly because they're just trying to make a buck like everyone else. I guess you do what you have to do.

For the most part selling a house is not a complicated endeavour, basically you're paying for MLS access and a key to the lockbox. Not really worth 6% to me but it's a cartel (for now) so you do what you have to do.

Good luck Greywolf, getting a house ready to sell is a pain in the ass but it should be worth it in the end.

Oh yeah....welcome to Florida!

Thanks, man.  As a matter of fact, my agent that helped me get the house in FL was AMAZING - did everything I asked, even helped with getting a great deal on an electrician, roofer, etc.

Plus she was HOT!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#46]
In my area, hustling real estate is like one step away from hustling crack.

One weekend of whatever and anybody is "in real estate".  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Plus she was HOT!

Isn't it amazing how that helps! Lol.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I closed on my house in March in the insane NOVA market.  My realtor (who was great) essentially gave these same numbers.  He said, watch, when the market cools off (and it will) of the 9,000 agents in the DC area, 40% will be gone almost overnight.  Or they will stick around to sell their parents' house and nothing else.  My unsolictited opinion is to find someone who has worked the area for a long time, through the hi's and low's and avoid the fly by night crowd in it for the quick buck (they are pretty easy to spot- just read all the previous complaints- good realtors don't pull that crap).  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem with real estate agents is that the barrier to entry is so low...

Boy, you ain't kidding. They offered me a job once.
Seriously. Made me take a test. I answered it honestly while thinking I don't stand a chance. See, I'd already had some experience with realtors AND used car salesmen as well as other scam artists. They called me within 10minutes after I got home and offered me the job!
Anyhow, better opportunities rapidly arose and that led to others, etc.

Here's my house, and there won't be some dipshit in greasy hair and a leisure suit taking a percentage off the top for sticking his thumb up his ass. I know there are some good ethical ones. About as many as attorneys.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem with real estate agents is that the barrier to entry is so low...

Boy, you ain't kidding. They offered me a job once.
Seriously. Made me take a test. I answered it honestly while thinking I don't stand a chance. See, I'd already had some experience with realtors AND used car salesmen as well as other scam artists. They called me within 10minutes after I got home and offered me the job!
Anyhow, better opportunities rapidly arose and that led to others, etc.

Here's my house, and there won't be some dipshit in greasy hair and a leisure suit taking a percentage off the top for sticking his thumb up his ass. I know there are some good ethical ones. About as many as attorneys.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=39267

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=39269

What area is that?? It looks bee-ut-tee-full!!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top