Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/24/2005 3:18:12 AM EDT
I dont know how many he ate, but in the past day he has puked up 2 whole pads.

First off.............................

Second...should I be worried?

He's a lab, so I guess that stuff is normal.  His brother ate a box of galvanized carriage bolts a few months ago, he's still kicking.

Labs
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:44:40 AM EDT
[#1]
To reach the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, call 1-888-426-4435. 24/7/365
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:45:43 AM EDT
[#2]
If it dont kill-em it will make him tougher!! Dont worry bought it. My Amstaff Charlie consumed an entire 2' x 2' couch cushion and she is still around!! this was 2 years ago. she is a little fatter now but perfectly normal
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:47:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya,I would get a vet to check it out.Those SOS pads are made of some sort of metallic like fiber and have soap or some shit in there as well.

It's not a good sign if your dog is puking them up 2 days after the fact.It might mean he can't digest them.

Are his shits normal ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Probably will be fine.  My golden retriever ate stuff like that all the time.  He even polished off a brilo pad once.  Most likely will vomit it up once his stomach rejects it.  If not, it should make for some interesting yard bombs.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]
definitely take your dog to the vet if he hasn't expelled it one way or another.  if he doesn't, its just gonna rip apart his insides as it moves along or just get stuck in his digestive tract all together.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Aren't they made with steel wool????
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#7]
One thing for sure, he won't have to worry about any crap sticking to the colon wall.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#8]
mmmmm....carrige bolts.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I think its all gone now.

He puked a whole Pad this morning...on my foot.  Then just a few minutes ago he shit a stainless steel turd.  At least everything seems to be working fine with him.

dogs
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:05:12 AM EDT
[#11]
My Gordon Setter loves those things, especialy when there nice and greasy.  All he did was shit them out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I dont know how many he ate, but in the past day he has puked up 2 whole pads.

First off.............................

Second...should I be worried?

He's a lab, so I guess that stuff is normal.  His brother ate a box of galvanized carriage bolts a few months ago, he's still kicking.

Labs

If you have a lab you should keep a bottle of hydrogen peroxide hand( the drug store type) one in your car / truck, house, hunting kit ect. If your lab eats something bad for him / her ( and your lab WILL!) feed him about four to six ounces of the peroxide. Dogs hate the stuff, but within a few minutes he will barf out everything in his stomach.  

My lab gobbled up a block of rat poison once and I did the peroxide trick. I waited for a while and he wouldn't puke. So I hustled him up into my Defender and off to vet we went. Half a mile later, he stuck his head behind the roll cage and let go! There was blue foamy puke all behind the roll cage! I needed a shop vac to get it all out. But he survived it! Here is what is up with him now:

Buck's story
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ya,I would get a vet to check it out.Those SOS pads are made of some sort of metallic like fiber and have soap or some shit in there as well.

It's not a good sign if your dog is puking them up 2 days after the fact.It might mean he can't digest them.

Are his shits normal?  

He's probably plugged up solid.

I'd ask or get him to a vet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Its a Lab thing..

When I had my yellow lab, she use to raid the bath tub/shower for soap to eat. Her favorite was Irish Spring.

Her other favorite thing to eat was deoderant sticks..

She also liked rading the hamper for socks and underwears..

Like I said.. Its a lab thing..

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Call the vet is the least I would do. Steel wool could cause a bowel obstruction.

<------------------- I know a thing or two about dogs
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:59:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Tie a magnet to his ass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Post a pic of yer dawg.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Well at least his stomach will be scrubbed clean.

Take him to a vet.

Max
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Dogs have a cast iron stomach!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#21]
My stepson had a black lab that would try to eat anything in sight. That had to be the stupidest dog alive. She never ate anything too dangerous to her........not much anyway.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Dogs are some stupid motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Ya gotta love 'em!!!  They're just like four legged people.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#24]
It won't digest, you need to get him to a vet ASAP. This will cause an infection and he will die!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never met a dog that was as stupid as some of the people I have met. Hell there's a couple of poster here who couldnt match wits with most dogs.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah you really should take him to a vet.  

I sincerely hope your dog is okay, but this story made me laugh my ass off.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Do not allow him to continue this genetic line....
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never met a dog that was as stupid as some of the people I have met. Hell there's a couple of poster here who couldnt match wits with most dogs.

You darn well may have a point, there!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I had a Lab when i was a kid. That dog would eat swallow gloves whole if you left them in reach. I'd find little chewed up bits of aluminum cans when I was cleaning up the poop in the yard, but his absolute favorite thing was used kleenex fresh out of the waste bin.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Why in the fuck would someone NOT take him to the vet after this?

We seem to have a LOT of cheapskates on this board.  Take your fucking dog to the vet.  Sheesh.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Post a pic of yer dawg.

Winchester is on the right, he's the one who ate the SOS

Anyway, this pic was about 3 minutes ago.  Dominating his castle, the garage.  I would normally have them outside but its been raining for the past three days so.

Anyway, isnt he cute

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I've heard of a "cast-iron stomach" before, but scouring it?  

That's some dog!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Well I think its all gone now.

He puked a whole Pad this morning...on my foot.  Then just a few minutes ago he shit a stainless steel turd.  At least everything seems to be working fine with him.

dogs

I bet the look on his face was priceless.

dog ==>

Dogs may have a cast iron stomach, but you don't want them scouring all the seasoning off!

One of our little shits has taken to eating the house. She thinks bitter apple is a nice condiment. I'm wondering if an electric fence controller would work.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

One of our little shits has taken to eating the house. She thinks bitter apple is a nice condiment. I'm wondering if an electric fence controller would work.  hinking.gif

So true!! Bitter Apple has no effect whatsoever on my lab!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Hell, you got it easy! My APBT decided she wanted in the garage. So she ate her way in. Chewed a 3 foot hole through the stucco, insulation board, a stud, and the drywall.

She also consumed half a bag of portland cement.

She is still alive and kickin'

GT
Slobber Mop Dog
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hell, you got it easy! My APBT decided she wanted in the garage. So she ate her way in. Chewed a 3 foot hole through the stucco, insulation board, a stud, and the drywall.

GT
Slobber Mop Dog

You win
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT
Slobber Mop Dog

You win

On the 4th of July desertmoon was over for barbecue. My wife noticed that the pig dog had an extra tail.

Having helped us out when our beloved killer lap dog had a torn dew claw (she does not like her feet touched--takes a couple people to hold her down to cut her nails) I figured I would ask Moonie to hold the sharp end of the dog while I pulled the cord. The conversation went like this:

Me:"Hey, you wanna hold Nanuk's head while I pull this string out of her ass?"

Desertmoon:"No."

Me: "Are (desertmoon:"Fuck No!")you sure?"

Now my wife calls her the pull start pig dog....

GT

Imposing on my Guests
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

GT
Slobber Mop Dog

Funny, that's what mine did. She chewed her way into the laundry room and promptly started eating the drywall of the exterior wall. She ate a big chunk of fiberglass insulation, too. We blocked off that hole temporarily until we can replace that piece of siding, so she starts another hole farther down the wall.

Now she's learned how to break into the shed by slamming into the door until it pops off the track and then drag a bag of fertilizer all over the back yard. If I could teach her how to run the lawnmower I'd be set.

She dug under the pool fence one day because she was bored. So then she lays by the side of the pool by the aerator and tries to catch the spray with her paws, then she dips both front legs completely into the water then rolls around in the dirt to get 'em nice and muddy. Then she wants to come inside the house.

Little stinker.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
2 labs.

One of them leveled the landscaping in the back yard, so the vet recommended cayenne pepper on the plants to get her to not eat them.  Poured an entire bottle of it on the one bush we had left.  She ate the entire bottle and the bush, then puked red for the rest of the day.

The other one was in a cage similar to this for a couple of hours while we were at dinner.  When we came back, he had broken the welds on the front of the door, managed to get under the base of the cage and break the welds on the BOTTOM, pull the f-ing bars up and block himself in an area half the size of the cage.  It was completely destroyed.

We don't cage him anymore.

www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/standard/z/z302/z302195_14f87.jpg

ETA: Edited fer spellin'

Dang...my kids couldnt even get out of those
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 labs.

One of them leveled the landscaping in the back yard, so the vet recommended cayenne pepper on the plants to get her to not eat them.  Poured an entire bottle of it on the one bush we had left.  She ate the entire bottle and the bush, then puked red for the rest of the day.

The other one was in a cage similar to this for a couple of hours while we were at dinner.  When we came back, he had broken the welds on the front of the door, managed to get under the base of the cage and break the welds on the BOTTOM, pull the f-ing bars up and block himself in an area half the size of the cage.  It was completely destroyed.

We don't cage him anymore.

www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/standard/z/z302/z302195_14f87.jpg

ETA: Edited fer spellin'

Dang...my kids couldnt even get out of those

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
One thing for sure, he won't have to worry about any crap sticking to the colon wall.

ETA: Hope the pooch is alright.  A friend of ours warns the dinner guests that they have over to watch their napkin or their hyperactive dog will most likely eat it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Nanuk, as in Corey Haim's dog in 'The Lost Boys'??

Not sure where Nanuk came from. I got her when she was a year old. My buddy was getting divorced and was gonna have to move into an apt--so I took the dog. Nanuk was the only name my buddy's kid could pronounce...

We call her Nanuk, Pig Dog, Slobber Mop, Pullstart, Fat Head, and Get the Hell Off The Couch.

She'll answer to just about anything...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I suppose "passing" one of those would almost be as satisfying as dragging your ass on the carpet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I would take the dog to the vet. Seems to me SOS pads would cause a blockage in the digestive tract. I had to put my boy Zeek down last Christmas after he ate a catnip bag. It wouldn't pass and he was too old to operate on. If you wait too long the steel in that pad may do irrepairable damage
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT
Slobber Mop Dog

You win

On the 4th of July desertmoon was over for barbecue. My wife noticed that the pig dog had an extra tail.

Having helped us out when our beloved killer lap dog had a torn dew claw (she does not like her feet touched--takes a couple people to hold her down to cut her nails) I figured I would ask Moonie to hold the sharp end of the dog while I pulled the cord. The conversation went like this:

Me:"Hey, you wanna hold Nanuk's head while I pull this string out of her ass?"

Desertmoon:"No."

Me: "Are (desertmoon:"Fuck No!")you sure?"

Now my wife calls her the pull start pig dog....

GT

Imposing on my Guests

That was all soooo wrong.  If Nanuk was a male you could have named her "Special Ed"......
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top