Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 5:19:51 PM EDT
I live in College Station & so I won't be as affected as those close to the gulf. I have more than 10 gallons of water & a good flashlight with extra batteries.

I went grocery shopping on the way home from work this morning & luckily Wal-Mart had restocked it's totally emptied food shelves, so I was able to find everyting I needed. They closed last night at 8pm, & they are usually open 24/7. They closed today at 5pm & won't be open again till Monday.

I got gas a couple of nights ago so I'm still full up, even tho if I wanted gas I would have a hard time finding any. The local news said only a few stations in town still had any, & we locals should stay home & leave it available for the people fleeing the coast.

I didn't think to fill my tub with water to use for flushing the toilet, Dang it! Oh well.

I have an extra .45 stashed in my Jimmy with 100 rds of ammmo.

I have to go to work at 10:30 so it should be an interesting night of storm watching.

My ex & her new hubby are stranded in Pasadina, because his truck broke down. She told me she is living in a flood zone.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Things in College Station were looking alot worse 36 hours ago.   They were talking about us getting it as a CAT2 120 miles inland. That is when the model shifted, shifted, and shifted some more east.  

Landfall looks like it is going to be 150 miles further east than they thought just Wednesday night.  I know they path models are just models, but they pretty much sucked on calling this one (just ask the people in SW LA that are getting ripped a new one by this "Texas" Hurricane.)

Anyway, main thing we have to worry in B/CS now is getting just enough wind to cause us to loose electricity.  I am praying for the people in Port Arthur, Beaumont, Sulfur,LA and Lake Charles,LA tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top