Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 4:41:06 PM EDT
I HAVE QUESTION ABOUT A REGISTERED M16-A1.IF I PUT THE COLLAPSIBLE STOCK ON IT, IT FIRES ONE ROUND AND CHAMBERS THE NEXT AND YOU CAN SEE WHERE THE FIRING PIN HAS HIT THE PRIMER,BUT DOES NOT FIRE.WITH THE STANDARD LEGNTH STOCK ON IT ,FUNCTION IS FLAWLESS.ANY IDEAS AS TO WHY IT WON'T CYCLE WITH THE SHORTY STOCK, I HAVE TRIED THE HEAVY BUFFER ALSO BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE, ANY ADVICE                                                 THANKS, RIFLE7
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
This is probably best answered in this forum

but let me be the first to say.... huh??
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I HOPE YOU LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR KEYBOARD.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN SOLVING MY PROBLEM
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

STILL LOOKS BROKE TO ME!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
TO THE FOX I THOUGHT A LITTLE COMMENT OVER MY NOT KNOWING HOW TO USE MY KEYBOARDS WAS IN ORDER
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL!

sigh
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Fox is regulatin' today, ain't he?  Maybe he's looking to get his Mod spurs.  Whaddya say, guys?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Fox is regulatin' today, ain't he?  Maybe he's looking to get his Mod spurs.  Whaddya say, guys?  

I'd rather stick my dick in the blender than let FOX- be a mod.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stuck mine in the pickle slicer to get him on his last time-out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
TO THE FOX I THOUGHT A LITTLE COMMENT OVER MY NOT KNOWING HOW TO USE MY KEYBOARDS WAS IN ORDER

Don't mind Fox-------He's the forum spaz and still working on "finding himself"...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nah, not at this forum atleast.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

WHY DO YOU TYPE WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON LIKE THIS!? ARE YOU YELLING!?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STILL LOOKS BROKE TO ME!

Who the f*ck cares?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Fox, as i have found out some people use all caps because they have bad eye sight and their only current solution is to use all caps. They may not have any access to reading glasses nor do they know how to chance the font size in their browser.

I see your point though it is awfully annoying.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fox, as i have found out some people use all caps because they have bad eye sight and their only current solution is to use all caps. They may not have any access to reading glasses nor do they know how to chance the font size in their browser.

I see your point though it is awfully annoying.

Ditto... I am not to keen on yelling at folks for using caps...

Scaring off an old-timer just because he isn't a computer nerd (I work in I.T. ... wooo!) is kind of lame.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I was unaware that haveing caps on made that much of a difference.

RIFLE7, HOLD Ctrl AND PRESS +.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#19]
The two stocks require different length springs. Are you changing those too? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#20]
BTW: FOX is right about not typing in all caps on these forums, it is considered rude.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Holy shit! It's the first time I've seen anyone agree with Fox~.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Holy shit! It's the first time I've seen anyone agree with Fox~.

It happened once before.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=390882
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#23]
sorry,about using the cap locks,that was the first time using the forum and i didn't know any better
but to the reader who asked the question,if i was changing the springs,yes i was.any other thoughts would be appreciated,like i said it's not short stroking because it is picking up the next round,also i changed the bolt and bolt carrier and checked headspace but the prolem still persists
                                                                                                       thanks rifle7
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#25]
honestly,i have tried different reciol springs, but that does make sense,not sure how to solve problem ,as all my recoil springs are fairly new
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STILL LOOKS BROKE TO ME!

Why don't you just shut the hell up.....

For all YOU know in your infinite 14 years of "honor student", spelling impaired, obnoxious, gum flapping wisdom, he could be someone's grandfather and has a hard time seeing the text on the screen.

Here's a thought...... How about looking at yourself and your own immature asinine little actions here first, and learn some God damned humility and respect.  I know, that's asking a lot, since you obviously have no grasp of simple manners and have shown yourself to be nothing more than a pissy little attention starved child, with a mouth much bigger than the balls to back them up....

I do realize this is an extremely obtuse, and foreign concept for you, but try excogitating on it for a spell, and you just never know what enlightening revelations you might experience.

Ohh, and if the big words are too confounding for your massive 'honor student' brain, just go back and ponder my first sentence.  That should sum it up pretty succinctly for you.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STILL LOOKS BROKE TO ME!

For all YOU know in your infinite 14 years of "honor student", spelling impaired, obnoxious, gum flapping wisdom, he could be someone's grandfather and has a hard time seeing the text on the screen.

Here's a thought...... How about looking at yourself and your own immature asinine little actions here first, and learn some God damned humility and respect.  I know, that's asking a lot, since you obviously have no grasp of simple manners and have shown yourself to be nothing more than a pissy little attention starved child, with a mouth much bigger than the balls to back them up....

I do realize this is an extremely obtuse, and foreign concept for you, but try excogitating on it for a spell, and you just never know what enlightening revelations you might experience.

Ohh, and if the big words are too confounding for your massive 'honor student' brain, just go back and ponder my first sentence.  That should sum it up pretty succinctly for you.

+1     Punk.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STILL LOOKS BROKE TO ME!

Well said, but it will be lost on FOX-.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
blah blah blah blah

blah blah

blahl blah

blah!

blh blah

Quoted:
sorry,about using the cap locks,that was the first time using the forum and i didn't know any better

Reading comprehension, much?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
blah blah blah blah

blah blah

blahl blah

blah!

blh blah

Quoted:

Reading comprehension, much?

Don't tell me you're defending FOX-.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#32]
it  looks like a light primer strike,kind of like the round wasn't fully chambered when the hammer let go.so it wasn't a good solid strike on the primer
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#34]
thanks for the advice ,i have been using colt factory and also usgi clips,its kind of funny that it has the power to strip a round from the clip but not enough power for a good primer strike,i don't know maybe the hammer is not going to the full cock position.yeah i think fox could be taught some respect and manners.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#35]
When you change bto the collapsible stock, are you changing the spring and buffer too??
The fixed stock buffer is longer than the telestock buffer.
That could be the problem

Mark
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like that's gonna be the only action you get.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Is this some kind of Garand variant? If not, what's a clip doing in your M-16? I think we may have found the problem.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Is this some kind of Garand variant? If not, what's a clip doing in your M-16? I think we may have found the problem.

Any reason why you're trolling this thread?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You getting pissy because your FOX- attacking didn't get the positive response you wanted?

Thanks for the drama.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You getting pissy because your FOX- attacking didn't get the positive response you wanted?

www.apt401.com/senseofhumor.gif

Thanks for the drama.

I could care less what reaction I get from attacking FOX-. It's no big secret he's not exactly popular here, and I'm far from being his biggest fan.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#42]
i would say THE_BEER_SLAYER is probably on the right track, as to the malfunction ,i wonder what could be done to solve the problem,one guy i called who knows alot about m-16's said the timing could be off,and told me to try the heavy buffer,but that didn't help,like i say it works fine in semi and full-auto with the standard stock and buffer,but it would be nice to be able to use the collapsible stock and short buffer and spring
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top