Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 4:34:14 PM EDT
I have had a Kodak Easyshare CX7530 5.0 Megapixel camera for about 9 months. I have never had any problems with it until my honeymoon this week when it suddenly started acting up. For some reason, the images are not downloading to my computer properly. Normally, I plug it in via the USB port, the image download manager opens, I download them to the desktop and arange them in folders. Before, when I downloaded the pics, they would appear as thumbnails on the desktop. Now, they show up as a generic jpg icon and can't be opened. This has happened with all the pics I have taken the last few days with a few random exceptions that worked properly. The Mpgs I have taken will not down load at all. WTF is going on????
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Your computer hates to see you naked?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Try a different memory card.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I was able to print images from this card at a local photo shop. The card doesn't seem to be the problem. I will get another card tomorrow, but I really want the images on this card.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was able to print images from this card at a local photo shop. The card doesn't seem to be the problem. I will get another card tomorrow, but I really want the images on this card.

Then, instead of a different memory card; get a card reader for your computer. Or plug the card into a laptop.

Then get a new camera.

And don't leave it on the nightstand during wild sex.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
It is NOT the memory card. I just took some pics on the internal memory, tried to download them, with the same results.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Go download Picassa 2 from google. It's a free photo management system--try that.

It might not be the card, but might be your photo software....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Bad cable?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Go download Picassa 2 from google. It's a free photo management system--try that.

It might not be the card, but might be your photo software....

Ditto this...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
delete the software and reinstall
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
delete the software and reinstall

Yup, sounds like a software problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top