Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 4:06:01 PM EDT
Come on, Texans.  They're just tryin' to get their loot on.

Looters Strike in Advance of Rita - Armed Citizens Patrol Midtown

Well I just found out why the media was in my parking garage. Looters struck last night and trashed 12 cars. We usually have very tight security but the gates were left open by management due to fears of power outages. I need to go check my car now.

Update:
My car is fine but the mood in the area is tense. I ran across two neighbors carrying hunting rifles who were actively searching for a guy they suspected of breaking into more cars. They agreed to let me photograph them from the neck down. Hopefully, HPD will send one or more officers to our neighborhood. I think there is risk of additional looting or worse.

Update II:
Quite a few HPD cars in the area now. It's going to be an interesting night.

Update III:
I'm hearing more looter calls on the HPD scanner frequencies. This doesn't seem to approach the level that we saw in New Orleans but I'm worried about this evening.

Update IV 6:33pm CST:
Via the police scanner: Looting in progress at South Gessner and Belfort - A Wal-Mart Store.

Update V 6:55pm CST:
The property management finally closed the security gates. I think we can all rest a little easier. The security here is solid as long as it's in place. I was also told that HPD is working the issue in a pretty creative way but I won't discuss the specifics. We should be safe here tonight as long as we don't venture past the gates. There's some pretty sketchy characters wondering around out there right now though.

www.blogsofwar.com/looters_strike_in_advance_of_rita
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if any looter shooters will be prosecuted.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]

I think if I was hunting looters I would wear shoes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
How many looters were shot?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Load and load Raven. Be careful out there

How are you set up for supplies? Do you have enough food, water, and ammo?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
$5 says that by 10 AM tomorrow there's an UCR code for "Dead Guy, Hurricane-Related, No Follow-up."
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

raven is in Alaska.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

raven is posting info from someone else's blog thing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

raven is in Alaska.

But my heart is lootin' in Houston.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Load and load Raven. Be careful out there Howammo
?

raven is in Alaska. hr

Exactly-- Raven is the one who said yesterday that houston people are 'losers'.....moron
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

raven is in Alaska.

Oops

Guess I should have noticed the "AK" instead of a "TX"

Since the story was C&Ped in the first person I figured Raven was the blogger.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Come on, get a grip will ya !

They are in Texas for cryin out loud.

They will be treated like the scum sucking vermin they are,

Killed like coyotes and their pelts hung over barbed wire for all to see.

They will be persecuted, not prosecuted !

(Darwin is just drooling right about now........)
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nah, the bag limit in Texas on looters is 3 a day.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I started seeing looters wed night, I've been running them off of my side of the town home complex and a ex-cop is watching another part. Wind is at 32 mph, going to be interestnig tonight. Anyone holding out near me, I'm at 45 and the beltway on the southside.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I started seeing looters wed night, I've been running them off of my side of the town home complex and a ex-cop is watching another part. Wind is at 32 mph, going to be interestnig tonight. Anyone holding out near me, I'm at 45 and the beltway on the southside.

Crap!!!  That's crazy!!!!!
I have seen some somewhat regular police patrols in my hood, but I am still checking just about every car heading down the main road. I figure tonite will be the prime time for them to loot as many will start to venture back.
Stay safe bro.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Crap!!!  That's crazy!!!!!
I have seen some somewhat regular police patrols in my hood, but I am still checking just about every car heading down the main road. I figure tonite will be the prime time for them to loot as many will start to venture back.
Stay safe bro.

a cop came by and said he personaly has stopped over a dozen people tht where from the northside looking to loot, that was yesterday at about 2am, he followed me home from my friends house(he needed ammo)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top