Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 4:53:24 PM EDT
I know its basically a union for the army. I'm guessing that they lobby for better pay and for other soldiers needs. The ROTC unit at Norwich is trying to recruit and I was interested in joining AUSA. Obviously they answered my general questions but I wanted to hear some things about it from guys who arent trying to recruit me... What do you guys think?

I posted this same thread in the Veteran Forum but figured I would post here to get a wider audience.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Before somebdy jumps your butt it really isn't  a union but it does several things for it's members that Unions also do for there members.  As noted lobby for better conditions, but also is a forum for professional expression.  It can be a way to float more radical ideas about doing things and getting them talked about without  it being  a threat to anybodys rice bowl.  Probably not a bad idea for a Cadet or JO to belong, and if you get into the Reserves, it can be a bit of a brownie point on evals.  

You also get basic information on new systems and equipment before the official poop comes out or at least before it filters to you.  It's similar in mission to the Naval Institute, Reserve Officers Associations, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top