Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 6:45:59 AM EDT
Get the entire display to fit the monitor.

I just updated a new (used) laptop from Win98 to Win2K.  The laptop has a 1280 x 1024 resolution screen, but the desktop size is expanded way beyond the border of the screen.  I can get to everything by moving the pointer around, but this is annoying.

Going way back to Win95 there was a key command combination that expanded the desktop size beyond the border of the monitor., but I can't remember the command!

Thanks for the help.

J

Update - Got it.  Needed the original driver instead of the Windows generic driver.

Thanks for the help.  I'm still wondering what that keystroke was though!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
right click on desktop, choose properties, and click on setting tab.  adjust screen size from there.  if that doesnt work, I think it is control g or control h
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Already tried the right click and Properties route.  The largest screen size where everything shows up is 800 x 600.  However I know that the display supports 1280 x 1024, had it that way this morning before upgrading.

It is a Ctrl G or H type command that I am looking for, but neither of those worked for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you actually need to adjust the monitor at this point. You should be able to find an adjustment to shrink the screen vertically and horozontally, unless I misunderstand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Should be something like 'shrink to fit' in the display properties.

depending on your laptop, you may have to adjust settings in the BIOS.

good luck

edit: the laptop may have updated video drivers that will help out.  You can probably find them at the mfg website
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#5]
control alt + and/or control alt -

?

Top Top