Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 5:36:43 AM EDT
Career fair in ahout 1 hour.  Resumé polished up, three dozen copies ready to go.  Suit back from the drycleaners.  I think I'm ready.

Maybe this time I'll get more than a bunch of FOAD letters a few weeks later.  Interviews would be a great start, job offers would be even better!  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Luck!  I difinately think you should post a picture of yourself in that suit.  You know so we can make sure you look spiffy!

Patty
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Best wishes!  Persevere!  It's only a matter of time before you find the right job.  I hope it happens soon.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck FanoftheBlackRifle

Hope things go well for you

GM
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'm back.

Its 87 degrees here (Mid MO, so factor in a large quantity of humidity as well), and the IIC (Idiots In Charge) decided to hold the career fair in an un-airconditioned gym.  An hour after the fair started, no one was shaking hands anymore, because EVERYONE felt disgusting.

BUT.  I had good conversations with four out of 23 companies and agencies, and only got told to pound sand by three.  So I'm putting this career fair down as a "success"  Time to start on the followup emails and "be sure to apply online as well" companies.

As far as pics of me in a suit.....sorry, I'm a photographer...so I stay BEHIND the camera  Besides, I know what the arfcom crowd will do with my picture
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#6]
No.

Ok ok, good luck!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
What did you think?  That they were going to hold it at Havener?  Get real, man.  Havener is reserved for more important things like....um....give me a minute.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Un-airconditioned gym? You mean wharehouse?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What did you think?  That they were going to hold it at Havener?  Get real, man.  Havener is reserved for more important things like....um....give me a minute.....

They did for the spring career fair.  There just isn't enough room in there for all the booths and displays and still allowing for people to move.  Unless, of course, they take over every possible space in the building, and they won't do that, since THAT would make sense.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Best of luck!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top