Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 9:26:34 PM EDT
We use IE because SBC won't allow the Properties function on right click menus, but lately we're having small troubles with IE. The main thing it does wrong is pop up a little window that says it encountered an error and will be shut down.  It won't let us copy/save or anything but close out.

My question is what is the difference we'll encounter if we go to Mozilla or something like that? I've had people tell me to do it, but I've never seen it and don't want to switch if it won't function easily enough for both of us to work with.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
DL firefox and go with it. Its easy to use adn it will ask if you want ti to be your default browser. You can click no. It will also import all your favorites.

www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

After you install it click Tools, then Themes then get more themes and install Noia. Its easier on the eyes.

Also dont worry about the memory usage thing if you close it every few hours it no big deal. Its really a non issue if you dont leave Firefox on all day or have a decent amount of ram.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Firefox, it wont take over unless you tell it to, give it a shot
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I din't even think of not having to make it the default browser. (See, I told you we need it simple).

Thanks guys. I'll download it and see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maxthon my friend, Maxthon

I see they have weatherbug as an option.

Oh heck no. Cancelling install. Sure I dont have to take weatherbug but the fact they even have it is just nasty.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I started the download right after I posted last night, and when it said 25 minutes I just left it going and went to bed. The dial-up wouldn't stay online long enough to download it.
Time to start over again............
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
i've been very happy with opera
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I downloaded it, but it won't import the Bookmarks. It imported the files, but they're all empty.
I'll keep using IE until I figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i've been very happy with opera

Best out there now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Downloaded Opera, will check it out tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top