BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 12:31:09 PM EDT
Dance-Off Erupts Into Street Brawl
WICHITA, Kansas
Sept. 21, 2005
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/21/national/main873436.shtml
(AP) One person required stitches and a mother and son were arrested after a brawl between two dance teams that began during an impromptu "dance off," police said.

"This is a whole new arena" of crime, said Wichita police Lt. Jeff Easter.

The Dynamic Steppers were practicing routines Saturday night when members of another dance "drill" team, the White Tigers, showed up and challenged them to a "dance-off," police said.

Drill teams are comprised of dancers and drummers. The dancing involves complex choreography and combines elements of military drills with contemporary jazz and hip-hop moves, along with singing and chanting to percussion. Teams often meet in competitions held throughout the U.S.

When the White Tigers team appeared to be losing on Saturday, a woman hit a 17-year-old Dynamic Steppers drummer in the face with a drumstick, Easter said.

The teen, a former member of the White Tigers, punched the 28-year-old woman in the face. He then got into his car and tried to run over spectators, witnesses told police.

The boy's mother, a Dynamic Steppers coach, grabbed a box cutter and sliced the other woman's arm. The wound required eight stitches.

The mother was charged Monday with aggravated battery, and the son faced assault charges.

An estimated 50 people were involved in the brawl, and police said more charges are possible.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
"You got served!"
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that's what I call spirit!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
i wonder if the white tigers are actually white.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
IBMM

BAN DANCING FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

SBG
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart.
I just don't think it'd understand...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart.
I just don't think it'd understand...

oh..now it's on!

Better get Butters.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
yo better bring it......oh it's been brought!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top