Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 7:42:06 PM EDT
Well,... I started to notice all the things I own in the firearms/accessories department. And my wife has always enjoyed shooting my pistols. Being that she has never owned one on her own just fed mine, I took my gander mountain gift card I got for my B-day and some cash together and handed it to her and said:

"How about you take this and we will go over to Gander Mountain and you pick something out you want"...She agreed of course.

It was only a $100 Gift Card and an additional $140 in cash. After handling a few different models she decided the best bet for the cash available was a .22 semi-auto pistol for now.
First she asked to see the S&W and didnt like it (Not a problem)
Picked up a Walther P22 and loved it just didnt have the coin to buy it. (Thats ok, gives me an idea of what to get her later)
Finally settled on a Browning Buckmark. Fits her nicely and filled out the forms without question.
In 48 Hours she can go pick it up

Now for when we were browsing, she eyed up a few others she says she must have. When I told her to save her pennies she said" Why do I need to save?, Your going to buy them for me right?"

Kimber Compact Stainless
HK USP Compact
SigArms P229
And a Colt Defender
Obviously she likes the compacts but favors the .45 ACP
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
w00t
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet man.

48 hours? WTF, glad I live in AZ no back ground check for me, as I have my CCW.

My wifes first was a .22 phx arms.

BTW: what is the P22 going for there?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
PICS!!!!

And you have to wait to get firearms???? That sucks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a wonderful thing, having a woman who loves firearms. My girlfriend and I are a fairly new couple. We both shot an AR for the first time two weeks ago. It was a Bushmaster and she liked it. I was planning to get one of that model for both of us to shoot but now have switched to sort of build my own (assemble, actually). Anyway... I told her, "so if you want a Bushmaster you're going to have to buy it yourself." She smiled and said, "I just might." This is so refreshing, compared to the kinds of conversations I typically have with women concerning firearms. We went camping this past summer and she happily lived on MREs and Heater Meals! My kind of woman.

GL
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

BTW: what is the P22 going for there?

Given that its Gander Mountain prices are a touch higher and I really could have gotten a better deal elsewhere, just kinda hard to use a GM Gift Card anyplace else.

Walther P22 was marked at $300..I know I can find one for less around here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
PICS!!!!
And you have to wait to get firearms???? That sucks.

Yep 48 Hours for pistols
No wait on rifles
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's a wonderful thing, having a woman who loves firearms. My girlfriend and I are a fairly new couple. We both shot an AR for the first time two weeks ago. It was a Bushmaster and she liked it. I was planning to get one of that model for both of us to shoot but now have switched to sort of build my own (assemble, actually). Anyway... I told her, "so if you want a Bushmaster you're going to have to buy it yourself." She smiled and said, "I just might." This is so refreshing, compared to the kinds of conversations I typically have with women concerning firearms. We went camping this past summer and she happily lived on MREs and Heater Meals! My kind of woman.

GL

Damn she have a sister? Ohhh damn Im married
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Here in MS, we have a waiting period for guns...Those five minutes for the NICS check are the longest minutes I have to live through in my life..
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!!  My wife and I have just applied for our CCW and she will actually "own" her first firearm after we get the permits.  She has pretty much decided on the Kimber Ultra Carry....45 ACP of course he
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here in MS, we have a waiting period for guns...Those five minutes for the NICS check are the longest minutes I have to live through in my life..

+1

Waiting period, what is that.  You mean everyone can't go in slap down 600 cash and walk out with a new 45 and ammo??
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
You'll be the one cleaning them after the range though.

Ask me how I know!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#12]
If I have to clean them after she gets em dirty, I will as long as it keeps her going out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]
48 hours?  WTF?  Down here I'd have walked out with that bitch and been at the range within 20 minutes!  

(and 'bitch' refers to the gun, not the wife! )
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#14]
No CCW either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top