Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 9:28:24 AM EDT
Has anyone here had any experience with something called a Fidelity Destiny Investment?  My fiance's father set her up back during his deployment during Gulf I.  Now she is putting money into it but cannot tell me what her return is.  I understand having long term investments but you should have an idea of the return.  She knows little or nothing about the plan other than putting money in, and using some of it for college a few years ago.  Other than that it seems like nothing more than a savings account as the fund is making no money whatsoever.

I did some research but everything I saw was either negative or supporters saying the negative people did not understand the investment strategy and to stick it out.  

An example of the negative: http://iraqnow.blogspot.com/2005/07/mutual-fund-follies.html

Right now she has a huge debt load and I think that using this money now to pay off the debt is a smarter idea.  She has a retirement plan through work that she can put money into for now.  Once things settle I want to start her in a decent long term investment plan that shows a return.  

What says the hive?

Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top