Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 9:31:28 PM EDT
Hey Ya'll,

First off, if you are going to respond with "Lol, you are ghey anime fehg!!!", that's fine, but this post is mostly aimed at fans of CGI.

The Meat and Potatoes:
I got a chance to check out Square / Enix's newest CGI film FF7 Advent Children.  The CGI is fantastic and the action is quick / hectic.

The Story:
The movie takes place 2 years after the events chronicled in FF7 the game.  Cloud is still pissed about Aeris gettin' whacked.  He is called back into action to layeth the smack down.  That's about it.

What does this mean?  The marketing guys at Square are right on, as almost every chode in my age demographic (males 23-30) played FF7 on PS1.  

For those who havn't played FF7 on PS1, the action is still sweet, but you will have no friggan idea what is going on or who are these friggan people.

The Release:

The American release hits stores in November, the voice acting is going to be done by Disney, so it should be quality.  It is going straight to DVD to cash in on the Fanboy money, FF The Spirits Within only did ok in the box office, but made bank on DVD sales.  They are skipping a thetre release.

I posted a link to a file I encoded below, its done in DIVX 5 and shows a bit of the fighting. 4 MB file.

Sample Scene From Movie - Scroll Down to FREE Button to download

Here are some screens from the DVD.

Anyways, I am not sure if anyone on this board will care... but hey Serenity comes out at the end of the month!

- Gazukull
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Japanese friend translate the dialogue for me while we watched his copy.

Best scene ever: One Winged Angel, naturally.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the japanese version downloaded

CGI was cool...had no idea what was going on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a sub'd one.  The subs actually make sense too :D

-G
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
This movie made me sad, because I HATE japanese melodrama and Japanese overacting.

FF7 is universal, in that if you played it in the UK, China, USA, or whatever, you felt like you were really there, and that you developed an attachment to it. This movie just put a huge cultual stamp on FF7 and gave us the japanese interpretation of the world... Case in point: the cell phone usage, the villian's homoerotic behavior and dress, and Marlene's psychobabble BS about sadness war, etc... Did they just watch Battle Royale 2 (that steaming pile of you know what) and write that dialogue?

If you played Metal Gear Solid 1/2 to the end you also know what i'm talking about, preachy weird shit.

But the visuals were stunning... One day, tools that made this movie will be in the hands of everyday people and pr0n will never be the same
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top