Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2005 3:12:17 PM EDT

This is my AR-15 pistol.

There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Nuff said!  

ETA:  Here are the details on the pistol...

Lower and LPK from DPMS
11.5" Flat top pistol kit from Model 1 Sales
EOTech 512(F)

I'll likely upgrade to the ACE buffer tube and the MIAD grip... other than that, I think I have a winner!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.

My buddy Tman has the hots big time for one of those.

I'll send him the link.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
cool!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
That so isn't a pistol. If you put a foregrip on it... NY sucks...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice nationwide

I've been putting off getting mine for too long.

GM
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Everytime I see an "AR-Pistol"................I have to ask...............WHY?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Why?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]
So what CCW holster are you going to use?

Looks nice, but I'd like a shorter buffer tube and barrel.. but that's just me. Round, aluminum free-floating handguards look so cool on AR pistols, and I don't know why..
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I like it!

Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Everytime I see an "AR-Pistol"................I have to ask...............WHY?

My opinion - and please people, dont get offended - it is so you can have everything ready to go for an SBR if the SHTF better handling, etc.

But that's just me, and I don't even have an AR.

Also, this is America - we don't have to have reasons - we just do.
ETA: Also, as Americans, we like to push the boundaries.
Ever seen some of the so-called muzzle loaders?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looks nice, but I'd like a shorter buffer tube and barrel.. but that's just me. Round, aluminum free-floating handguards look so cool on AR pistols, and I don't know why..

Why not keep the long buffer on there so you could shoulder it and have a poor man's SBR?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Thinkin 'bout building me one of those...

So....is it loud?

How's controllability?

Can you light a target on fire from 10 paces? (did that once with a muzzle loader)

GT

Very nice by the way
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A buddy of mine actually built a matched pair... 7.5" barrels, quad rail free float tube... they are awesome!  I wanted something more practical
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice!

Haven't seen an AR15 pistol except in the Bushmaster catalog.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#16]
sweet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I know you guys always like a good rear angle shot...

I picked up a new camera today... so next time I'm home I'll get some better pics.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I rather like the look of these:

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm curious about the why, but from a different standpoint.

The buffer tube makes it ungainly and nearly as long as an SBR. I've seen the Olympic Arms OA-93, and it appears they eliminated the buffer tube, what replaced it's function I don't know. Is that not an alternative?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not keep the long buffer on there so you could shoulder it and have a poor man's SBR?

Why roboman!  What ever do you mean???
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The buffer tube makes it ungainly and nearly as long as an SBR. I've seen the Olympic Arms OA-93, and it appears they eliminated the buffer tube, what replaced it's function I don't know. Is that not an alternative?

The why?

How 'bout saving $200, no wait, and no NFA registration??

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The why?

I didn't know it was NFA, always thought it was considered another pistol. (pistol with 30 rounds of M193 and flash suppressor )
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I didn't know it was NFA, always thought it was considered another pistol. (pistol with 30 rounds of M193 and flash suppressor )

No, only the SBR is NFA, the OA-93/98 is just a pistol.  It uses a special upper with it's own specul gas system.   Think of it as an AR on steroids baked beans
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I as well think the buffer is a little ungainly, but the great thing is we are now able to do cool things like this, unlike just over  a year ago...That is the important thing...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The why?

I'm pretty sure it is just another pistol.   Granted a rather expensive pistol.  The gas tube looks sinfully ugly on it too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The why?

I'm pretty sure it is just another pistol.   Granted a rather expensive pistol.  The gas tube looks sinfully ugly on it too.

Better than a tube sticking out the back. I just wonder what was wrong that it never caught on.

Edit: Pic stolen from gunsamerica, but this is exactly what I mean. For the same purpose, would this not be better than one with a tube sticking out the back of the gun?
(for the sake of argument. Please omit any digs about the uber-cheap sight. )

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I have two stripped Stag Lowers sitting in the safe right now, you are giving me ideas . I never cared for  the pistols when I first saw them but I think the idea of one has been growing on me lately.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice pistol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Wanna know why the Oly pistol never caught on???

"Ban compliant"

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#30]
9mm! It's More Funner . I shot it for the first time over the weekend and it rocks! Easily get 6" groups at 50 yards standing unsupported. It impressed me. Nice looking piece Nationwide.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
9mm! It's More Funner . I shot it for the first time over the weekend and it rocks! Easily get 6" groups at 50 yards standing unsupported. It impressed me. Nice looking piece Nationwide.

www.rabidchicken.com/pics/arpistol.jpg

BAH!  Mine gets more Thrusts per Squeeze!!!

Hey, just for the hell of it, I emailed Olympic on getting a "pistol" lower receiver that accepts the Glock mags... not available at this time  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BAH!  Mine gets more Thrusts per Squeeze!!!

Hey, just for the hell of it, I emailed Olympic on getting a "pistol" lower receiver that accepts the Glock mags... not available at this time  

That would be cool.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks great Nationwide!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What are the specs/build parts on that one ? Very nice. I want one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice Nationwide...I built mine a month after the ban expired...have'nt even shot it yet. But I built it cause I COULD.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Now this is a pistol with firepower. I wanted an ar15 pistol but I opted for this instead. Welcome to the dark side. Enjoy your visit.

This was my pistol during the storm.Need to add a light and a laser.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Great pistol!  

As for the 'why?' crew, in New Hampshire we cannot have loaded rifles in our vehicles, only loaded pistols with a CCW.  I also like the idea of not having to register it like an SBR.  I have a stripped Stag Arms lower that I had transfered as a 'pistol'.  Build in progress.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Great pistol!  

As for the 'why?' crew, in New Hampshire we cannot have loaded rifles in our vehicles, only loaded pistols with a CCW.  I also like the idea of not having to register it like an SBR.  I have a stripped Stag Arms lower that I had transfered as a 'pistol'.  Build in progress.

Same thing in La.You can have a loaded pistol but no loaded rifle.I think it goes back to the game laws.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have two stripped Stag Lowers sitting in the safe right now, you are giving me ideas . I never cared for  the pistols when I first saw them but I think the idea of one has been growing on me lately.

Now that I read about it a little I guess I would have had to of bought on of those lowers as a "pistol" receiver in order to be legal. Oh well if I decide to build a pistol one day I guess I'll just have to buy another lower as a pistol. That makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Now this is a pistol with firepower. I wanted an ar15 pistol but I opted for this instead. Welcome to the dark side. Enjoy your visit.
tinypic.com/dwan3l.jpg

Nice! What is it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Great pistol!  

Same thing in La.You can have a loaded pistol but no loaded rifle.I think it goes back to the game laws.

Exactly.  Fucking lame.  You can have an AK-47 underfolder on the seat next to you with a pile of loaded AK mags on top of it, but heaven forbid that you actually have one of those mags inserted into the magwell.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that I read about it a little I guess I would have had to of bought on of those lowers as a "pistol" receiver in order to be legal. Oh well if I decide to build a pistol one day I guess I'll just have to buy another lower as a pistol. That makes a lot of sense.

I don't know if you could do this
, but maybe an FFL could 're-transfer' the lowers to you as pistols for a fee.  It shouldn't be a problem especially if you went to the FFL who did the original transfer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have two stripped Stag Lowers sitting in the safe right now, you are giving me ideas . I never cared for the pistols when I first saw them but I think the idea of one has been growing on me lately.

I don't know if you could do this, but maybe an FFL could 're-transfer' the lowers to you as pistols for a fee. It shouldn't be a problem especially if you went to the FFL who did the original transfer.

Didn't the Thompson Center court decision allow people to legally make pistols out of rifle receivers?

www.stephenhalbrook.com/tc.html
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tinypic.com/dwan3l.jpg

Nice! What is it?

It is an AK47 pistol put together by red jacket. I got it from Atlantic Firearms. Worked like a charm. Great fun to shoot at night with that flash from a 11" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Nice Nationwide...I built mine a month after the ban expired...have'nt even shot it yet. But I built it cause I COULD.
i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/zipdrive/DSC00432.jpg

Heh.  I didn't know Victronix made a Swiss Army pocket bayonet.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Wanna know why the Oly pistol never caught on???

"Ban compliant"

http://www.olyarms.com/images/oa-98/oa-98-side-left.jpg

hr

Holy shit, that's badass... what functions as the buffer tube?

What's the minimum barrel length for fragmentation with XM193 within 50 yards or so?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I want one - why?   -- why ask why!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why roboman!  What ever do you mean???

It wouldn't be illegal, would it? I honestly don't see how it would be. It's still a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:00:44 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

It wouldn't be illegal, would it? I honestly don't see how it would be. It's still a pistol.

That's one of the things we don't like to talk about...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup :)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top