Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 1:56:39 PM EDT
I heard about this movie coming out called 9 pota It is about Russians in Astan. The trailer looks pretty cool but I cant read or speak Russian so I dont know when it will be on dvd in the states or anything else about it. Could someone who knows the language help me out with that info if they can find it on the site?

Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
hey i studied russian in college...was a while ago but might be able to help you out, unfortunately I clicked on the link, and it didn't take me to the movie you wrote about
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hey i studied russian in college...was a while ago but might be able to help you out, unfortunately I clicked on the link, and it didn't take me to the movie you wrote about

sorry bout that. wrong link in the clipboard.

got it fixed now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
a little rusty but it might be "9 mouths" or "from 9 mouths"

pronunciation is "rota" in Russian spelled "pota"  

"rot" is "mouth" in Russian

anybody else confirm?

m4ortunate
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I am looking for any release info. Like dvd in the states.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Might be a while. According to IMDB, the film will not even be released in Russia until September 29.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0417397/
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]
It says that it's being released on September 29...

I can read cyrillic, but as for what the words mean... I haven't studied since highschool... and that was 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the help guys. I cant wait for this to come to dvd in the states. It will probably be a while though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
A film by Fyodor Bondarchuka
9 Mouths
In theatres September 29th
Enter the sight
Press club

ETA   Ok read a little more of the site, and it goes on to say basically that its not apocolypse now, its not a few other movies, its the directorial debut of that director, and the first real, legitmate russian military movie.  its not antimilitary, its not promilitary, its just about the military.  Anyway I'm pretty sure thats what it says, but its been a while for me.  Hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top