Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:17:08 AM EDT
Saw an old fight from 2004 last night as I was flipping through the channels.

Dayum, that woman hits HARD.

I remember reading that Ali's daughter was going to start boxing, but I figured "meh, its just name recognition capitalization"

This morning I looked her up on Wikipedia.  Undefeated in 21 fights with 16 knock outs.

I am a fan of the great sport of pugilism, and I think this lady actually has skills.

She surely has the genetics.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
She kicks ass.  She hits hard as hell just like her father.  She usually fights before major male fights.  I am a fan of hers because she has won me some money in the past.  If you know she is fighting bet money on her and you will win.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
She kicks ass.  She hits hard as hell just like her father.  She usually fights before major male fights.  I am a fan of hers because she has won me some money in the past.  If you know she is fighting bet money on her and you will win.

LOL... with here records, the odds won't be high on a good payout!

That said, who's left for her to fight.  I did a little research this morning, and she seems to have PWN3D vritually every major contender in her weight class in womens' boxing.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
male feather or bantam weights?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
male feather or bantam weights?

Looks like Laila dropped a few pounds in 2004 and 2005 so as to get bumped into another weight class with some competition.   Maybe she can lose another 10 pounds and have yet another class to dominate after she owns the class she's in now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Ali G?  Booyakasha!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ali G?  Booyakasha!

LOL.

Saul: Goddammit. If a man wants to call himself Muhammed Ali, I say Muhammed Ali.
Clarence: Mama call him Clay - I call him Clay. Cassius Clay.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice...but I would never say "I'd hit that" without checking to see if my insurance was paid up

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nice...but I would never say "I'd hit that" without checking to see if my insurance was paid up

img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/832380/Laila-final-2.jpg

Too true.

She's "thicker" than that photo reveals, by the way.   Figure about 170 lbs.

What impressed me was that during the fight they played last night, she smacked the other lady in the chin and as the lady was staggering badwared and starting to fall, Laila managed to land 3 or 4 more "full power" shots right in the noggin.

Like I said in my first post.   This woman hits HARD.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/832380/Laila-final-2.jpg

[rofl2/]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top