Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 7:55:50 PM EDT
So I went to the mailbox today, since I usually don't pick up my mail from the day before until the next morning and my American Rifleman issue was in there. There is a nice little ad in there about a debate between Andrew Butler with PETA and our beloved Wayne LaPierre. October 18, 2005 2130 to 2230 on PPV.

I'll have to let the Tivo catch that one for me.

Oh yeah, in before the petty NRA bashing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.

I thought Wayne did great against Rebecca Peters on the great gun debate. It should be cool to see him lay some more smack down on this idiot.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Aside from hunting, does PETA have a real angle?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, they are endorsed by the Bradys. That's all you need.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Just some standard fare about animals..............

Doesn't stand up to our supper prayer, though ("Good food, good meat.........").
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine always started with Rub a dub dub...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#6]
NRA is boasting this, I just saw it in the National Rifleman rag. NRA says PETA is going after hunters, compared them to cannibles and slave owners.

PETA has no mention of it on their website. When you search NRA on the site all you get is something saying the windows of the NRA should be shot out.

I wonder if PETA is telling it's members it is $9.95 to view the debate via pay per view.

After you view the debate, you can vote who 'won' on a website.

Seems kind of lame to me. Here is why. The eco-terrorists are not going to change no matter what happens. It is not like the assault on gun owners is ever going to stop. There is nothing that can be done to stop people hating hunters. I do not hunt, I have no patience to walk around in the cold, pour deer urine on me and wait for either someone else to shoot me or bagging a deer (or another animal) and having to gut it and drag it. Not my gig. But unlike hunters, I am going to stick up for someone I do not relate to and hope that they are able to do that forever. They have the right to do so.

behind it all, I think the two groups saw a way to get some serious coin built up and they have agreed to come together, not to 'change minds and hearts' but to use each other as a circuit to build up funds.

Which is fine, I just do not see anyone saying "the loser of this debate will law down..."
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Is this something like was on last year?

It was $9.95 or something like that.

I wonder who benefits from the $?

I'd be afraid that $4.97 of it would go to PETA.

Does the winner take all (the money)?

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#8]
So dork, where do you think hamburgers come from!?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't see why the NRA would even stoop so low as to debate with PETA.  They are involved in eco terrorism, ALF and other bullshit.  They are criminals.  

This is an embarressment to the NRA.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]

I'd be afraid that $4.97 of it would go to PETA

Thats a very good question to ask.

I will do so.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#11]
You know, I never thought of that in regards to the funds and where they go... Good question.

I don't think it's an embarassment for the NRA, I think it is good, because PETA is the next wave of gun grabbers I think. Not to mention that the Bradys have endorsed them numerous times. An enemy is an enemy, first and foremost.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#12]
When PETA began comparing chickens to Jews kill in the Holacaust I knew that they were suffering from a mental disorder.

I blame it on all the cartoons that depict animals as people, with feelings and personalities. Gets them brainwashed while they are young.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#13]

I hope Wayne brings up the fact that PETA funds domestic terrorism.  www.amprogress.org/news/NewsPrint.cfm?ID=418&c=63

Shok
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
When PETA began comparing chickens to Jews kill in the Holacaust I knew that they were suffering from a mental disorder.

I blame it on all the cartoons that depict animals as people, with feelings and personalities. Gets them brainwashed while they are young.

Yea, Joe Camel
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I wonder why the NRA is even acknowledging PETA? They have zero credibility or influence. Even a lot of liberals think they're too far out there.

www.peta.org/feat/arafat

Following the recent bombing in Jerusalem in which a live donkey, laden with explosives, was blown up, shocking people of all nationalities around the world, PETA has written to Palestinian National Authority President Yasser Arafat asking that he urge those who listen to him to keep animals out of the conflict.

At PETA, we strive to end violence every day. As Albert Schweitzer stated, “Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”
PETA’s letter to Yasser Arafat

February 3, 2003

Yasser Arafat, President
Palestinian National Authority
Ramallah, West Bank
Palestinian Authority

1 page via facsimile: 972 7 282 2365

Your Excellency:

I am writing from an organization dedicated to fighting animal abuse around the world. We have received many calls and letters from people shocked at the bombing in Jerusalem on January 26 in which a donkey, laden with explosives, was intentionally blown up.

All nations behave abominably in many ways when they are fighting their enemies, and animals are always caught in the crossfire. The U.S. Army abandoned thousands of loyal service dogs in Vietnam. Al-Qaeda and the British government have both used animals in hideously cruel biological weaponry tests. We watched on television as stray cats in your own compound fled as best they could from the Israeli bulldozers.

Animals claim no nation. They are in perpetual involuntary servitude to all humankind, and although they pose no threat and own no weapons, human beings always win in the undeclared war against them. For animals, there is no Geneva Convention and no peace treaty—just our mercy.

If you have the opportunity, will you please add to your burdens my request that you appeal to all those who listen to you to leave the animals out of this conflict?

We send you sincere wishes of peace.

Very truly yours,

Ingrid Newkirk
President, PETA
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#16]
waste of money
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#17]

www.peta.org/feat/arafat

Following the recent bombing in Jerusalem in which a live donkey, laden with explosives, was blown up, shocking people of all nationalities around the world, PETA has written to Palestinian National Authority President Yasser Arafat asking that he urge those who listen to him to keep animals out of the conflict.

At PETA, we strive to end violence every day. As Albert Schweitzer stated, “Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”
PETA’s letter to Yasser Arafat

February 3, 2003

Yasser Arafat, President
Palestinian National Authority
Ramallah, West Bank
Palestinian Authority

1 page via facsimile: 972 7 282 2365

Your Excellency: (Why not, your ultimate terrorist killer of women and kids)

I am writing from an organization dedicated to fighting animal abuse around the world. We have received many calls and letters from people shocked at the bombing in Jerusalem on January 26 in which a donkey, laden with explosives, was intentionally blown up. (We just threw out the other letters complaining about the people who actually died as they don't count for us in the stats)

All nations behave abominably in many ways when they are fighting their enemies, and animals are always caught in the crossfire. (Nevermind the inncocent men, women, & children) The U.S. Army abandoned thousands of loyal service dogs in Vietnam.   (No mention of the loyal Vietnamese we left - Oh, that's right they are people, not animals) Al-Qaeda and the British government have both used animals in hideously cruel biological weaponry tests.   (We here at PETA want humans used instead of animals as this is much safer for the animals) We watched on television as stray cats in your own compound fled as best they could from the Israeli bulldozers.  (Ya think the cats were smarter than Yassar ?, if so, why even open comminications with the asshat ?

Animals claim no nation. (Thanks goodness, because if they did, the Palenstinian Autority might be over run by the Goat authority.) (They would begin massive terror goat milk and goat cheese bombings to the get the infidel Palastentians out of their rightous lands.) (Allah Akbar ! ! !)  They are in perpetual involuntary servitude to all humankind, and although they pose no threat and own no weapons, human beings always win in the undeclared war against them. For animals, there is no Geneva Convention and no peace treaty—just our mercy.  And you believe a scum sucking leach like Yassar Aarfat would do them any better ?  

If you have the opportunity, (While your taking a break from lying, cheating, and killing Isreali's)will you please add to your burdens my request (Not PETA's request, but my request) that you appeal to all those who listen to you to leave the animals out of this conflict?

We send you sincere wishes of peace.

Very truly yours,

Ingrid Newkirk
President, PETA

P.S.   If this does not work then we will have no other choice but to file a law suit seeking damages and give you a good "thrashing" in the news.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top