Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:55:01 AM EDT
i am unsure of all the legalities regarding our communist states. a guy paid me for a drop free high cap glock 23 mag. he is in MA. should i ship it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
in before the "it's a trap" pic.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i am unsure of all the legalities regarding our communist states. a guy paid me for a drop free high cap glock 23 mag. he is in MA. should i ship it?

If it's pre-ban, it's legal to own in MA. MA still has a AWB, which mirrored the Federal AWB.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
As a former MA resident, I can tell you this.  If the person has a MA class A LTC, and the mag is a preban, then it's probably alright.  However, MA is a clusterfuck, because the police don't even understand the gun laws.  So, procede with caution.  Whatever else occurs is between the recipient and the state.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]
screw it , i am sending the $20 back. i will keep the high cap for home use in my 27. although the guy sent me the $20(cash) on boston police letterhead. maybe hes a cop. it is a weird deal, he never communicates, just said he would take it then about a month later, after ignoring all my correspondence, $20 shows up in an envelope with no notes or anything. weird.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
screw it , i am sending the $20 back. i will keep the high cap for home use in my 27. although the guy sent me the $20(cash) on boston police letterhead. maybe hes a cop. it is a weird deal, he never communicates, just said he would take it then about a month later, after ignoring all my correspondence, $20 shows up in an envelope with no notes or anything. weird.

good idea, i don't know if they could extradite you or not, but not worth the chance.

also, can't cops get them for less than $20???
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Run Forrest............Run!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#7]
police officers can buy hicap LEO marked magazines and use them all day long. This sounds fishy!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good idea, i don't know if they could extradite you or not, but not worth the chance.

also, can't cops get them for less than $20???

i am not sure, i just posted it on glocktalk for $20 shipped and he said hed take it. screw it, not gonna worry about it for $20.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Would that even be legal? I'm all for the side of caution here, don't get me wrong. I'm just debating it for academic purposes. What law does he break by sending it from out of state to MA. It's not a law in his own state, not a federal law, but a MA law, and he's not in MA. There can't be any legal precedent for that, is there?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Its not against the law for you to sell and send it to MA, unless you have an FFL (FFL requires that you follow the law of both the sending & receiving states).

The law in MA only affects the the posessor, or an in-state dealer. It has no affect on out-of-state residents. Anyone in MA can drive less than 30 miles to NH, VT, ME or RI and buy mags and bring them back into state, and there is nothing that can be done to the sellers. Happens all the time. Hell, half the gunowners go out of state to gunshows just to get mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top