Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 6:14:59 PM EDT
Sadly, the local music store that has been in business for the last 68 years is closing.  But their loss is my gain.  All guitars 50% off.  The guitar that followed me home filled a small niche that remained in my meager collection (justifing it just like I do with firearms).  It helps that my wife is getting back into playing guitar after a nearly 10 year hiatus.  There was no trouble getting it past the finance dept.

Without further ado...  Here's the wife playing the new axe:

Godin Exit 22:  Mahogany body, 24 3/4" scale, fixed bridge (all my others have a Floyd Rose knock-off bridges)

Kent
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
nice
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've never seen a Godin I didn't like.   Very good quality instruments,  and they always have some
nice innovative touches somewhere.

CJ

+1

Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice axe, always preferred a hard tail myself, mostly acoustic these days.  Sorry to hear about your local shop, always a great place to hang out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice axe, always preferred a hard tail myself, mostly acoustic these days.  Sorry to hear about your local shop, always a great place to hang out and play Stairway to Heaven.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice axe, always preferred a hard tail myself, mostly acoustic these days.  Sorry to hear about your local shop, always a great place to hang out and play Stairway to Heaven.

Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rock on Wayne!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#8]
At least you went there to buy something.  Last time I went to the music store to buy some strings for my Strat, I walked out with a Martin.  I had some splaining to do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've never seen a Godin I didn't like.   Very good quality instruments,  and they always have some
nice innovative touches somewhere.

CJ

Agreed ... ESPECIALLY for the price they sell them at.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The guitar center closest to me is a pain to get to, and gas prices don't let me justify going there as much as I used to. So I'm still sticking to my Ibanez GAX-70, a $200 wonder from 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
At least you went there to buy something.  Last time I went to the music store to buy some strings for my Strat, I walked out with a Martin.  I had some splaining to do.

I accidentally bought a new guitar on ebay last night.

I was messing aorund with one of those sniping websites and wanted to snipe a cheap $10 item.

Little did I know that it had imported everything I had on my watch list and set up a "snipe" at the current minimum bid for the item.

Lucky for me only the guitar came due before I had time to go in and delete the other bids from that damn website.

I contacted the guy selling it and explained the thing to him and he said "a bid is a bid" ... wouldn't let me back out of it. So I bought the fuggin thing and will probably play it for a while then stick it back up on ebay and sell it. I got a decent price for it so I probably won't lose anything.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top