Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 9:34:32 PM EDT
I cant help but feel that adding my work experience on my resume when asking for work history is biting me in the Arse. If I did it for only like 1 year I would omit it but I did it for 6 yrs.

I dont have anything I can add you the 6yr span I was in the gun biz but I really do feel its hurting me. Should I reword it?  did everything imaginable while working there but my main job was ordering firearms and range operations. Another manager took care of equipment and other store ops.

Anyway. Have any of you done this and feel it hurt you later? Even though I work in a Red state I live in a hardcore liberal zombie infestation (Broward County)

I have a feeling its not helping me much. They probably think I am a psycho waiting to kill or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if you think it is hurting your chances how about:
worked in retail sales?
or, had my own retail business?
or, had my own repair shop?

Since you didn't say what your part in the "gun business" was just pick the applicable one from the list above.

NMSight

Yeah, I know, reading comprehension counts . How about purchasing and program management.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]

my main job was ordering firearms and rangesupplies and materials and facilities operations.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well if you think it is hurting your chances how about:
worked in retail sales?
or, had my own retail business?
or, had my own repair shop?

Since you didn't say what your part in the "gun business" was just pick the applicable one from the list above.

NMSight

Good idea, I think I will reword it to keep it accurate but omit the evil g words. Oversaw operations and ordered goods for max profit for organizations while leading the sales team. Something like that I guess. I just hope they dont ask what the product was.

Problem is the shop went through a few owners while I was there and the last one had the name Arms and Accessories in it. The first owner I worked for it was CW's Shooters Emporium. I can probably leave off emporium and just call it CW Shooters. Its can be a resturant or western wear co for all they know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. I have didnt really think about the possible negative effects that it may have had on me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell them you have extensive experience in Democrat Population Control.

And check "Other" when it asks for race of applicant.

Tell them you have all kinds of Native American and Black American relatives in your geneology.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell them you are gay, and if they don't hire you, you will sue.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Tell them you have all kinds of Native American and Black American relatives in your geneology.

I actually put "other" on quite a few. I figured many racially profile ther prospective employees and I figure my family got around enough to count me as other. I am thinking tomorrow would be a good day to lay out in the sun and work on my tan, it will probably better my chances. I think  my German last name is kind of screwing me over though.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Good idea, I think I will reword it to keep it accurate but omit the evil g words. Oversaw operations and ordered goods for max profit for organizations while leading the sales team. Something like that I guess. I just hope they dont ask what the product was.

Way lame, dude - "for max profit"?  No offense, but it sounds rube-ish.  How about "led sales team, managed purchasing and operations"?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually put "other" on quite a few. I figured many racially profile ther prospective employees and I figure my family got around enough to count me as other. I am thinking tomorrow would be a good day to lay out in the sun and work on my tan, it will probably better my chances. I think  my German last name is kind of screwing me over though.

Just let them know that MOST of your family history was Native American and African American until German immigrants took over the blood line 100 years ago. Not only are you Native American/African American your family has personally been persecuted by White Anglo Germanic people.

If they don't give you a job then they must hate Native and African Americans and clearly they love nazis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top