Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 9:33:41 AM EDT
I heard there will be a new Gameboy released soon (2-3 weeks) which improves upon the Gameboy Advance SP.  Is this true?  Is there a description of the new unit anywhere?

I want to buy a GBASP but don't want to pay full retail for a unit that's about to be replaced, especially if the new unit is batter.

Help!     Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
the new gameboy is out already, iirc, it's the Gameboy Micro, or something like that.  Other than being smaller than the original, I don't know what else it brings to the table.  

If you want a better GB, get the Dual Screen.  Although there aren't many games designed for the system yet, it's an improvement over every other GB in that it's backlit.  The screen is a *hair* bigger than the older models, but games that aren't specifically desinged for the DS will appear in a sort of letterbox format. The DS has already been discounted down to $129.00 from the launch price of $149.  You can *only* play Advance and later games on it, iirc...so your real old GB shit won't work.    

I had one...boxed it up and sold it right after I got my PSP.  Not a bad little sytem, but the first time you see the PSP, it pales by comparison.  

Still, I'll probably get another one down the road...the backlighting is nice, even better than the old one with the Afterburner kits, imho.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the dual screen Gameboy the Gameboy DS?

Does PSP play the Gameboy games?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No fraid not sony managed to salvage their increadable surplus of mini disks that flopped by making the psp games and vids out of em.
Good comeback if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Why in the name of all that is evil would you buy a GBA or a DS or anything Nintendo related unless you're 8 years old?  Go PSP man if you realy want a great game platform with a ton of extras thrown in.  With my PSP I can watch movies, play games, listen to MP3s, Store and view pics and video clips, alter the memory card with my computer, and browse the net.  Nothing in Nintendos portable gaming devices come close.  Nintendos are for kids PS and X box is for adults.  Coice is yours but I got the PSP.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
MrMurphy,

It is for my eight year old daughter.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top