Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 1:56:33 PM EDT
i get the general feeling point is actual target you can hit IE 550 for a m16 but how big would a area target be a truck?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i get the general feeling point is actual target you can hit IE 550 for a m16 but how big would a area target be a truck?

English, please.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yeah pretty much or a squad  of enemy in a given small area. You can dump a 30rnder into the "area" and keep em busy while another element flanks em.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
As in maximum effective range, point target and max effec range, area target.

A point target refers to a man sized target.
An area target refers to a fire team (4 soldiers) or vehicle sized target.

For example:
The M16A2 has a maximum effective range of 550 meters on a point target and 800 meters on an area target. What that is saying is that at 550 meters, if trained, you can effectively engage and hit a target. At 800 meters you should be able to hit a member of a fire team or a vehicle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top