Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:21:32 PM EDT
Don't get me wrong, I love garands, they are fine peices of craftsmanship. But of the WWII rifles, I fancy the k98 and the 1903a3.

Are they any companies that make 1903 rifles brand new? I don't feel comfortable buying a used one from WWII..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it, man.  You will never regret it.

I have two originals, and three parts puppies that I rescued from "bubba's" handiwork.

Keep your eyes open, and you can find these rifles in outstanding condition.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don't get me wrong, I love garands, they are fine peices of craftsmanship. But of the WWII rifles, I fancy the k98 and the 1903a3.

Are they any companies that make 1903 rifles brand new? I don't feel comfortable buying a used one from WWII..

the CMP ones are in very good shape.

you should worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a Remington 1903A3 from the CMP earlier this year.  It got a nice Greek black refinish with some pretty beat up wood.  I refinished the stock after steaming the dents and sanding it.  There were no cartouches on this stock so I didn't feel bad about sanding it.  

A friend of mine got one a couple weeks ago and got a real beauty.  It had the nicer grey/green park and nice cartouched wood.  Makes me want to try for another.  

I believe the 1903A3 rifles are Greek returns and a lot were reparked before being stored and returned to us.  I get the impression the 1903 rifles are rougher in shape......not sure if they were from the Greek returns.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

the CMP ones are in very good shape.

you should worry about it.

snicker

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont worry about it...

I have a couple,  they are tuff little battle rifles, and have been through more beating than you will ever give them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top