Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:10:24 PM EDT
Director Martin Scorsese and actor Leonardo DiCaprio will team up again for a Paramount Pictures film about U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt.
     The film based on Edmund Morris' Pulitzer Prize-winning book, "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt," will focus on the formative years of the 26th president, as he reinvented himself from a slight and privileged New York politician with a Harvard degree to the burly commander of the Rough Riders, Daily Variety reported Monday.

Gee, a liberal portraying a Republican, I wonder how they'll spin this.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
DiCaprio did a yeoman's job with Hughes, but I just can't see him as TR. Still, he's a pretty damn good actor. We'll see how it pans out. Scorcese is a hack.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
All I can say is Leonardo OH SNAP-rio
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
A movie about TR, from the same guy that brought us Taxi Driver. Awesome.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All I can say is Leonardo OH SNAP-rio

I hate that little fucker.
Everything you need to know about him...

Believe in America Speech by Leonardo DiCaprio
2004-08-17

Hello everyone, I'm Leonardo DiCaprio. It's fantastic to be with you here today in Portland. I haven't been that active in political compaigns before today. So why get involved now? Well, without a doubt, this is the most important election in my lifetime. I, like many of you, consider myself an environmentalist. For that issue alone and a multitude of others, this election is too important to sit out. It is too important to remain silent.

I'm proud to stand here with you today, because the city of Portland and the state of Oregon have been among the most innovative leaders in green building, green business, fighting sprawl, and combating climate change. You know the importance of protecting our planet and that a cleaner environment does not mean sacrificing economic growth.

You only have to pick up a newspaper to know that our environment is changing. As two huge political forces collide here in Portland today, across the nation two other massive forces are colliding off the coast of Florida. For the first time in over a hundred years two major tropical storms are hitting Florida simultaneously, evacuating over one million people. The fact is, our climate is changing, our weather patterns are changing...global warming is REAL.

We need a leader in office who listens to the overwhelming majority of scientists and Nobel Laureates; someone who won't represent the interests of corporate polluters, someone who will fight to stop global warming and dedicate himself to protect our air, land, and water. Someone who understands that green technology CAN create new jobs. That someone is John Kerry.

When I visited johnkerry.com, I saw the proactive policies that John Kerry and John Edwards will pursue in the White House to reduce global warming and protect our air and water. The plain truth is there is a stark difference between the two candidates for President and the way they would choose to handle our delicate environment.

So, in the face of all this, what has been the response from the current administration?

They say they're committed to protecting our environment, but they have retreated from a campaign pledge to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, they have rolled back 30 years of progress under the Clean Water and Clean Air acts, and allowed polluters to put toxic levels of mercury into our air and water. And that's just the beginning! The list is endless.

We deserve a better answer. John Kerry has been a champion of the environment for over three decades. He will reduce fuel emissions and increase fuel efficiency for future generations through the Clean Fuels Partnership. He will ensure that 20 percent of our electricity comes from renewable energy sources like wind and solar power, and most of all he will restore the Clean Water and Clean Air acts, so we can protect our environment for future generations.

Let's not squander this opportunity. The environmental age is here. Let's reduce our dependency on oil, foreign and domestic. Let's develop a global politics that accelerates the transition to clean fuels and sustainable energy from renewable sources. And let's set an example now for future genertions to move environmentalism from being the philosophy of a passionate minority to a way of life that automatically integrates ecology into governmental policy and normal living standards.

John Kerry can lead us into the future with a new sense of shared destiny, a sense that we are all in this together. With his help, we can actually make a difference.

I don't need to tell you how important your vote is. In Oregon, you have the unique ability to vote by mail. Your vote could decide the outcome of the presidential election. So please, make sure that you, your family and your friends get registered to vote. Do not sit this one out. Do not remain silent.

Together, let's elect John Kerry and John Edwards as the next President and Vice-President of the United States.

Now, contrary to popular belief, Mr. Kerry will not be on back-up guitar. It is my pleasure to introduce two great musicians, Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi.

Return to NEWS

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A movie about TR, from the same guy that brought us Taxi Driver. Awesome.

I just hope they dont fuck it up. Again...I hate that little leo fuck!
CH
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I really wish he would stop trying to act.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
TR would crap those guys for breakfast.

The Hollywood type most amenable to TR is John Milius.  He's made 2 films where TR is a main character.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
GabbasaurusRex and Raven both need to renew their subscription . The Team Forum misses y'all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
GabbasaurusRex and Raven both need to renew their subscription . The Team Forum misses y'all.

Pay up
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

This is the 6th person to hound me about this.  I'm fucking broke, guys.  Sorry, it's just not on my list of imminent bills.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Leo isn't a very good fit for TR.  He is a very gifted actor, but I can't see him in the role of TR.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

This is the 6th person to hound me about this.  I'm fucking broke, guys.  Sorry, it's just not on my list of imminent bills.

Misread. edited.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#13]
OK Good Actor, Lifetime Idiot...  no ones perfect..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

I'll sponsor you if you'll pray in the direction of my dwelling 5 times a day, post at least 1 thread a day singing my praises, and make your avatar sentence in honor of me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

I'll sponsor you if you'll pray in the direction of my dwelling 5 times a day, post at least 1 thread a day singing my praises, and make your avatar sentence in honor of me.

How about a picture holding a sign saying "Kiss my ass Roboman!"
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:19:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Brian Keith did a good TR in "The Wind and the Lion."  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
TR would crap those guys for breakfast.

The Hollywood type most amenable to TR is John Milius.  He's made 2 films where TR is a main character.

I was thinking the same thing. John Milius is great.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yup.

LD isn't fit to wipe TR's boots.

Just my $0.02.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

LD isn't fit to wipe TR's boots.

Just my $0.02.

I couldnt agree more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Not a very good fit. First of all Decaprio is twice as tall as Teddy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

Hmmm.....

Twas a joke,,lightne up... Though I would sponsor the membership for a like stunt
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone remember that Rough Riders mini series a couple years ago?  Tom Beringer was PERFECT as TR.  BULLY!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

Hmmm.....

Twas a joke,,lightne up... Though I would sponsor the membership for a like stunt

I was just kidding too...forgot to add some sort of a or
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

Whoops...looks like it was taken care of.  No prayer for you, Robo-Allah.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay up

Whoops...looks like it was taken care of.  No prayer for you, Robo-Allah.

Damn!

Glad to see you back though
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Anyone remember that Rough Riders mini series a couple years ago?  Tom Beringer was PERFECT as TR.  BULLY!  

+1.  That's the other Milius TR project.  

Uncle Bill is just too old to play TR during his ascent.

Beanpole Decraprio is simply unfit to fill the role.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No prayer for you, Robo-Allah.

Damn!

Glad to see you back though

Thank you.

[/end hijack]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Tom Berenger did a pretty good job as Teddy in Rough Riders
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top