BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:27:49 AM EDT
Officer Shoots Dog Lunging At Pedestrians
Police: Pit Bull Running Loose, Acting Agressively

POSTED: 1:05 pm EDT September 12, 2005
UPDATED: 1:24 pm EDT September 12, 2005

CINCINNATI -- A Cincinnati police officer shot a pit bull that was trying to attack people in University Heights Monday afternoon, News 5 reports.

Lt. Kurt Byrd said the dog was running loose in the 700 block of Riddle Road. The dog was acting aggressively and lunging at pedestrians in the neighborhood, Byrd said.

It's not yet known if the officer tried to capture the dog before shooting it.

Stay tuned to News 5 and refresh ChannelCincinnati.com for more details.

www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4961834/detail.html
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I blame the pit bull's owner.  They're the sweetest  dogs who wouldn't hurt a fly. It's just their owners that cause them to attack people.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I blame the pit bull's owner.  They're the sweetest  dogs who wouldn't hurt a fly. It's just their owners that cause them to attack people.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]
HE A GOOD DOG!  HE NEVER HURT NOBODY!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IBTL!

Comeon man!! Don't be so cynical!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And he also great with the kids. Honey you seen rashon and veronica I think I hears somebody scream'n they ass off.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]
What the heck does 'trying to attack' mean?  Either the dog attacked or it didn't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a huge difference between a dog that is going after people and one that is just walking around hungry.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Some dogs have it coming, and need lead therapy.

I'm not sure about this one. "Lunging" at pedestrians isn't particuarly descriptive. My neighbor's dog "lunges" at me all the time, the little leg humper. Lt. Byrd said the dog was acting agressively. I wasn't there.

I reserve judgement, given the lack of detail.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Officer Shoots Dog Lunging At Pedestrians
Police: Pit Bull Running Loose, Acting Agressively

POSTED: 1:05 pm EDT September 12, 2005
UPDATED: 1:24 pm EDT September 12, 2005

CINCINNATI -- A Cincinnati police officer shot a pit bull that was trying to attack people in University Heights Monday afternoon, News 5 reports.

Lt. Kurt Byrd said the dog was running loose in the 700 block of Riddle Road. The dog was acting aggressively and lunging at pedestrians in the neighborhood, Byrd said.

It's not yet known if the officer tried to capture the dog before shooting it.

Stay tuned to News 5 and refresh ChannelCincinnati.com for more details.

www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4961834/detail.html

officers are not going to attempt to catch a dog trying to attack people............fucking no brainer
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What the heck does 'trying to attack' mean?  Either the dog attacked or it didn't.

Trying to attack usually means an unsuccessful attack.

If I swing a stick at you but miss, does it mean I really didn't attack you?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Things like intent are for judges and juries.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I blame Bush!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#14]
He bite me in the vagina, two time!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Outrageous! PETEY! [Anybody know where the "I hate civilians" thread disappeared to? Is there a hazmat site where locked threads go?]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If a bad guy shoots at you but misses, you shouldn't fight back right?  

I'm sure it's just another JBT abusing his powers.

ETA:

I wasted post 700 on this, my bad.    
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#18]
The cop new what he was doing, he's a proffesional LEO. He made a judgement call, he shot and killed the dog because he felt that was the right thing to do at the time. BTW. I own a Pit, he's so cute and loving, know why? I raised him that way and he's well trained.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Tag...

Dog shooting LEO's and Pit Bulls in the same thread...Its like the perfect storm...[Foghorn] Shitstorm that is! [/Leghorn]

Now where'd I put that popcorn?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Tag...

Dog shooting LEO's

Dog, shooting LEO's?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes

Wow. Are you serious? So I guess incompetent fucks who shoot at our soldiers and miss aren't really engaging them in combat.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag...

Dog shooting LEO's

Dog, shooting LEO's?

www.ascomannis.com/articles/lisa/ph/images/fen_gun.jpg

Black Panthter Dog Party.

DOG POWER!

We ain't be takin' shit of da man no more.

Get your own fucking slippers and paper.

We want some of what YOU be eating.

No steak, no peace!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Some dogs have it coming, and need lead therapy.

I'm not sure about this one. "Lunging" at pedestrians isn't particuarly descriptive. My neighbor's dog "lunges" at me all the time, the little leg humper. Lt. Byrd said the dog was acting agressively. I wasn't there.

I reserve judgement, given the lack of detail.

IF it's a PIT BULL and it lunges...it's dead.  Rightly or wrongly....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And he also great with the kids. Honey you seen rashon and veronica I think I hears somebody scream'n they ass off.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#27]
We had a dog shooting here in Austin this week as well:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=145339

Pet owner grieves after officer kills dog
9/12/2005 5:00 AM
By: James Keith

Pit bulls have long had a reputation for being violent dogs.

Kristen Butler with Trixie    
So when two got out of a homeowner's yard in Georgetown last week, neighbors and Williamson County Sheriff's officials were concerned.

The pet owner thinks they went too far. Last Sunday, Kristen Butler’s pit bulls Trixie and Gauge got loose from the backyard.

"The next thing we knew, we heard shots from the front yard. We thought maybe one of the neighbors was trying to scare them off," Butler said.

The shots were from a Williamson County officer. Butler said he fired five shots, then as Gauge started to run back home, a sixth gunshot hit him in the head.

Butler said the deputy then made her clean up the mess.

"We actually had to take Dawn [dishwashing soap] out there and scrub up the remnants of him. That was probably one of the most difficult parts," she said.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office defended the officer's actions, saying 911 callers described the animals as aggressive. The deputy said the dogs tried attacking him.

Neither had registration tags and since they were roaming free, they were in violation of the county's leash law.

"It's like dealing with people. You don't get a bio of someone you're pulling over. We don't get a bio of how nice and friendly that dog is. We have to go on the facts presented to us when we pull up,” WCSO spokesman John Foster said.

Pet owners in Williamson County are required to keep dogs contained or on a leash. Violators face fines or the risk of losing their pet.

Butlers said her dogs are not inherently vicious and sleep with her. She accepts fault for the dogs getting out, but the whole ordeal is something she hopes to never go through again.

"More awareness on my part, maybe a little more sensitivity on their part. That's all I can hope for," Butler said.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag...

Dog shooting LEO's

Dog, shooting LEO's?

www.ascomannis.com/articles/lisa/ph/images/fen_gun.jpg

Black Panthter Dog Party.

DOG POWER!

We ain't be takin' shit of da man no more.

Get your own fucking slippers and paper.

We want some of what YOU be eating.

No steak, no peace!

My dog used to whine at the front window until I let him in and gave him a piece of bologna.

It didn't matter if I was eating prime rib, he wanted bologna.

No bologna, no peace.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Awww... see? Now that is a emotional, anti-JBT story. The one I posted was clearly pro-cop. No sob story from the owners, etc... Just Judge Dredd execution style by the LEO. No emotion.

Don't give me this liberal, touchy-feely tripe.

Quoted:
We had a dog shooting here in Austin this week as well:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=145339

Pet owner grieves after officer kills dog
9/12/2005 5:00 AM
By: James Keith

Pit bulls have long had a reputation for being violent dogs.

Kristen Butler with Trixie    
So when two got out of a homeowner's yard in Georgetown last week, neighbors and Williamson County Sheriff's officials were concerned.

The pet owner thinks they went too far. Last Sunday, Kristen Butler’s pit bulls Trixie and Gauge got loose from the backyard.

"The next thing we knew, we heard shots from the front yard. We thought maybe one of the neighbors was trying to scare them off," Butler said.

The shots were from a Williamson County officer. Butler said he fired five shots, then as Gauge started to run back home, a sixth gunshot hit him in the head.

Butler said the deputy then made her clean up the mess.

"We actually had to take Dawn [dishwashing soap] out there and scrub up the remnants of him. That was probably one of the most difficult parts," she said.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office defended the officer's actions, saying 911 callers described the animals as aggressive. The deputy said the dogs tried attacking him.

Neither had registration tags and since they were roaming free, they were in violation of the county's leash law.

"It's like dealing with people. You don't get a bio of someone you're pulling over. We don't get a bio of how nice and friendly that dog is. We have to go on the facts presented to us when we pull up,” WCSO spokesman John Foster said.

Pet owners in Williamson County are required to keep dogs contained or on a leash. Violators face fines or the risk of losing their pet.

Butlers said her dogs are not inherently vicious and sleep with her. She accepts fault for the dogs getting out, but the whole ordeal is something she hopes to never go through again.

"More awareness on my part, maybe a little more sensitivity on their part. That's all I can hope for," Butler said.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#30]
It's all cause them dogs don't got tails, I tell ya. You gotta be able to see if the tail's wagging to really know if he's friendly! Right?

Actually both articles give me the impression that the dogs' were rightly put down. Wonder why you never read articles when someone other than a LEO shoots one? It's because they don't put out press releases.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Leave the dogs alone. Do it fo da chidrun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top