Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:59:11 AM EDT
After speaking with several returning veterans, I have noticed there are no stories of prostitution over there in Iraq.

Does Islam forbid it? Or are GIs just abstaining?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably the former, I would guess.  I tend to think that the Islam upbringing of many of these women leads to a life of relative sexual conservatism, but that's just my armchair contention and I could be totally wrong.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
They just aren't sharing with you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Having sex out of marrige is against general orders in Centcom.  Therefore, no troops are getting any loving.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Because soul brother too beaucoup.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Having sex out of marrige is against general orders in Centcom.    

your joking, right?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]
During my seven month tour northwest of Ramadi, I did not see a ANY Iraqi women whatsoever.  The only Iraqi female that I saw was perhaps four years old.  They must keep them locked up or something...

The only person that I know had any sex during the deployment was the unit bull-dyke.  And she was a monogomous bull-dyke.

is the term "bull-dyke" vorbotten?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
During my seven month tour northwest of Ramadi, I did not see a ANY Iraqi women whatsoever.  The only Iraqi female that I saw was perhaps four years old. They must keep them locked up or something...

The only person that I know had any sex during the deployment was the unit bull-dyke.  And she was a monogomous bull-dyke.

is the term "bull-dyke" vorbotten?  

In the more backwoods parts of the Middle East they do - much like in rural America, women retain their tradtitional roles.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Who needs Islamic prostitutes when you're surrounded by so many hot Army/USMC babes!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#9]
More like it's a case of

"Get in HMMWV. Go on patrol.  Hope not to get shot up too badly. Go back to base. Play computer games. Sleep"

There just isn't really the opportunity for it.

NTM
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I think they have to import their bam-bam
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
More like it's a case of

"Get in HMMWV. Go on patrol.  Hope not to get shot up too badly. Go back to base. Play computer games. Sleep"

NTM

Aint that the truth.  We worked thirteen hour days, seven days a week, for seven months straight.  I personally only had one day off.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Having heard harrowing tales of guys coming back from various areas of the world, I for one would vote to keep the trouser puppy on his leash.

VD has teeth out there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Dont troops get R&R in places like Dubai or something?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

your joking, right?

Nope.  General Order #1

Specifically read Para 2, items m & n.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Prostitution is very forbidden by Islam. It is punishable by death.

However, Shi'a Islam allows Muta'h marriages, which are temporary. The marriage has a specified duration, and a dowry must be paid. In Shiite countries, many Muta'h marriages are just prostitution by another name. During the Iran-Iraq war there were numerous news reports about the "temporary" marriages soldiers made for an hour prior to being shipped to the front.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I call .  Yes it is against regs and muslim law etc, but I have only two horribly disturbing words for you.  Please don't hate me for this.

Lyndie England.  She went to Iraq and came home pregnant, someone had to hit it.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I call .  Yes it is against regs and muslim law etc, but I have only two horribly disturbing words for you.  Please don't hate me for this.

Lyndie England.  She went to Iraq and came home pregnant, someone had to hit it.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/lyndie--180x230.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/lyndie.jpg

Any port in a storm.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any port in a storm.

That'd have to be a CAT 12 before touching that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your joking, right?

Nope.  General Order #1

Read it again. Sex with the locals is out of the question. 'n' just prohibits co-habitation, it says nothing about sex with other servicepeople. Indeed, condoms are freely available at the medical clinics. I guess it makes sense, no point in issueing orders you know won't be obeyed anyway, best thing to do is try to keep it under control.

NTM
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any port in a storm.

That'd have to be a CAT 12 before touching that.

I've seen people go back to their rooms with worse.

Personally, I'd rather slam my dick in a sliding glass door than hit that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Ho-leee shit.  Some sick bastard fucked the kid from My Three Sons.  I bet Uncle Charlie was pissed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ho-leee shit.  Some sick bastard fucked the kid from My Three Sons.  I bet Uncle Charlie was pissed.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

DAY-AM!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DAY-AM!  

+1

Also anyone who thinks that many GI's aren't getting any over there regardless of the General Orders is very delusional.  

Never under estimate a horny GI's ingenuity.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
More like it's a case of

NTM

Aint that the truth.  We worked thirteen hour days, seven days a week, for seven months straight.  I personally only had one day off.

This is pretty much our existence over here too.  Been here for 10 months and the only days off I got were my leave days.  There is no such thing as a day off here.

That said there is plenty of sex going on.  You just have to know where/how to get it.  I am not partaking, and it would be foolish for any married person to do it.  But I know of single soldiers who are getting their share.  Some of it is with female soldiers, some of it is with the foreign AAFES workers from Africa and Korea (yikes! we had one AAFES worker sent back to Korea because she was spreading around the clap), and I know of a soldier in another unit who is bringing home an Iraqi girl, to marry I guess.  

There is prostitution over here too, except its on the DL.  I work outside the wire 12-15 hours a day and its out there.  The IPs are quick to point out the whore houses, and have asked if we want them to bring a girl over for "fiki-fiki" to which the answer is always no.  Most of the whores are so-called "christian" females.  Plus I hear tell that sex is ok with a female as long as its in the ass, as its not reserved for husband use like the vag is.  They also have a pretty open idea of man on man love over here, I guess boys are ok too.  In fact, we have had Iraqi boys as young as 10 offer themselves for money.  After Abu Ghraib who knows what they have been told.  So much for morals!

The women over here are quite beautiful I might add.  We see a lot of them.  But then we're out on the streets all the time.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#27]
oh yeah it happens i have even heard of them coming on base to do tricks
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Your name seems to fit this thread well.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

"Separated at birth - Lyndie England and "Chip"  from My Three Sons"

Yikes!

CWO

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

There's a thread where he's asking for permission to change it
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What is referred to by some as "Bush bush" i.e. when you're out in the bush it is ok to hit that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any port in a storm.

It must have been one Hell of a storm.  Can you imagine sending her a support check every month for 18 years.  The secret would be out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your joking, right?

Nope.  General Order #1

that is fuckin sad

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Quoted:

What is referred to by some as "Bush bush" i.e. when you're out in the bush it is ok to hit that.

I always gave chicks a four point "deployment handicap" on a ten point scale.  If she's a one at home, she's a five in the sandbox, and thus doable.  If she's a six or above at home, she's a "desert queen".
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#35]
women aren't allowed to show any skin other than maybe their hands and right around their eyes in public under islamic law
do you really think they'd tolerate prostitution?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
women aren't allowed to show any skin other than maybe their hands and right around their eyes in public under islamic law

that is a very strict interpreation, and the Jews have the same laws.
do you really think that is followed anywhere but the backwoods areas of the middle east like Iran, and beduion villages?
You will not find any of that in the major cities in Egypt, Syria, Iraq, etc.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#37]
During the Crusades Turkish whores were all the rage.....  and seeing as how the regions does not seem ot have bothered to move ahead with the times at all in any meaningful manner, I am more than willing to bet there are still whores there
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
During the Crusades Turkish whores were all the rage.....  and seeing as how the regions does not seem ot have bothered to move ahead with the times at all in any meaningful manner, I am more than willing to bet there are still whores there

Turkey's a different story, altho I've seen the inside of a Turkish whorehouse (kerhani) and it's not a pretty sight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#39]
I cannot speak for Iraq, but many Muslim community units make a cultural niche available for transgender males to act as playthings.  Their position, which can mostly be described as a third gender role, is acceptable because they are nothing but catchers... not pitchers.  

In the broader functional explanation of such societal construction, it allows for young women to remain "pure" while allowing males to have their necessary "release," as such is understood to be required.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do you really think that is followed anywhere but the backwoods areas of the middle east like Iran, and beduion villages?

I've seen that in pics from every arab country
I've seen it in America with my own eyes, only once but I still saw a woman in a burka in Buffalo fucking NY
remember that lady in florida suing over her driver's license?
it's in far more places than just the "backwoods"
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Their women don't "love ya long time" over there. And from what I've seen of most of them, that's probably a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

There's a thread where he's asking for permission to change it

What happens in the team forum, stays in the Team forum.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Prostitution is very forbidden by Islam. It is punishable by death.

However, Shi'a Islam allows Muta'h marriages, which are temporary. The marriage has a specified duration, and a dowry must be paid. In Shiite countries, many Muta'h marriages are just prostitution by another name. During the Iran-Iraq war there were numerous news reports about the "temporary" marriages soldiers made for an hour prior to being shipped to the front.

actually the term is called Sighe' (prenounced C - ray)... it is a temporary marriage that is arranged for a contractual period of time that can be as short as 1 hour.

Prior to the marriage being signed off on by a mullah, the woman has to agree to a sum of money for "alamony", to be paid after the marriage period is over. In reality, is her fee for doing the deed.

I don't know why they don't just cut out the bullshit
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

That is the strict Islamic states you are refering to.

Iraq was a secular country before the war and still is today. It is not mandatory in Iraq for woman to cover themselves head to toe like it is in Saudi Arabia or Iran for example.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen that in pics from every arab country
I've seen it in America with my own eyes, only once but I still saw a woman in a burka in Buffalo fucking NY
remember that lady in florida suing over her driver's license?
it's in far more places than just the "backwoods"

I think want he is saying is that it is not the norm, which you are making it out to be. One chick in florida doesn't mean it is common in Florida. Same with other secular middle eastern states.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What happens in the team forum, stays in the Team forum.

I never brought up that thread nor quoted the above. But you did.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Separated at birth - Lyndie England and "Chip"  from My Three Sons"

www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_tv/comedy/my3sons_678.JPG

Yikes!

CWO

Er...um...that isn't Chip, that is Ernie.  But the resemblance is uncanny.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the strict Islamic states you are refering to.

Iraq was a secular country before the war and still is today. It is not mandatory in Iraq for woman to cover themselves head to toe like it is in Saudi Arabia or Iran for example.

I hope the country stays secular...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't seen many Jewish girls in a burka lately.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top