Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 7:25:43 PM EDT
newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/11/222939.shtml

Mary Landrieu: School Bus Failure Bush's Fault

It was the Bush administration's fault that hundreds of city school buses weren't dispatched to evacuate the hurricane-battered residents of New Orleans two weeks ago before floods swamped the city, Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu said Sunday.

Asked on "Fox News Sunday" why New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin failed to follow the city's evacuation plan and press the buses into service, Landrieu blamed Bush administration cuts in mass transit funding.

"Mayor Nagin and most mayors in this country have a hard time getting their people to work on a sunny day, let alone getting them out of the city in front of a hurricane," she said. "And it's because this administration and administrations before them do not understand the difficulties that mayors . . . face."

Landrieu then added: "In other words, this administration did not believe in mass transit. They won't even get people to work on a sunny day, let alone getting them out."

Saying she was unwilling to criticize Louisiana officials, the Louisiana Democrat insisted that Mayor Nagin's evacuation efforts had been a smashing success.

"Because the mayor evacuated the city, we had the best evacuation . . . of any evacuation I've seen. I'm 50 years old; I've never seen one any better," Landrieu told FNS.

That prompted FNS host Chris Wallace to remind: "But there were a hundred thousand people left in the city."

Landrieu once again blamed the White House, saying:

"They did [have] a hundred thousand people left in the city because this federal government won't support cities to evacuate people, whether it's from earthquakes, tornadoes, or hurricanes. And that's the truth."

Since when is it the responsibility of an employer to ensure that their employees are able to make it to work???
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What did you expect? Meh.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
My favorite was the Mayor's comments to Tim Russert when asked why the buses were not used.

"We had nobody to drive them."

Then I remeber that punk kid that drove the bus with evacuees straight to Houston.

Hell, a god damn person in half decent shape can drive a fucking bus! A damn refugee could have been assigned to drive a bus.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault.
It's all Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault.
It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault.
It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault.
It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault. It's all Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Fighting for her political life.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
This just makes them look worse. Nagin had control of the buses, not Bush. The bus issue is all his.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not a fighter jetor helicopter, any dipshit who can operate an automatic transmission and turn the steering wheel can get one from point A to point B.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]

"They did [have] a hundred thousand people left in the city because this federal government won't support cities to evacuate people, whether it's from earthquakes, tornadoes, or hurricanes. And that's the truth."

You heard it here first "George Bush hates rednecks."

This is evident by the fact that President Bush has yet to activate the Army to move folks out of trailer parks when he knows that a tornado is going to hit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]
JUst give the dems enough rope and they will hang themselves.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Everything is Bush's fault.
I fault Bush not one bit for the handling of any of the NO fiasco.
I am concerned though that he is not oging to handle the upcoming spin off events from this well though. Just not his forte. I am concerned that his answer is just going to be larger gov't and more social programs. If that is what results we will end up much worse off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I ate a roasted chicken from Wal-Mart and it gave me indigestion that required Alka-Seltzer.

I blame Bush.

He should have had the USDA and the FDA investigate the chicken-preparation practices of Wal-Mart BEFORE I GOT HEARTBURN.

And no, you smartasses, the chicken wasn't made in China.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#12]
George Bush is failing his duties.

Constitution, Section 8, Clause 19:

To provide public mass transportation within every city in the country.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This just makes them look worse. Nagin had control of the buses, not Bush. The bus issue is all his.

It has to be Bush's fault, and must be true since I heard on CNN!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Can't understand normal thought...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I just spilled my Pepsi!!!!

Damn you....damn you George BUSH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Does that cunt-twat-whore think that President Bush should have waved his magic presidential wand and ordered the bus drivers to report to work?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ditto
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw that interview, it was amazing...she did everything she could to dodge the questions.  As you listened to the CRAP that was coming out of her mouth, she is completely out of touch with reality!  

She only looks on this as an opportunity to make political points, the heck with reality, disregard the people that suffered because of the oncompetence of the Mayor and Governor, all she wants to do is LIE about Bush.  Absolutely incredible!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#19]

"...blah...blah...blah...And that's the truth."

Thank you, Edith Ann.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Dude, she's not crazy... the Democrats just don't give a damn and they say whatever they are allowed to get away with. Note that she deftly left the realm of sane commentary as it suited her. First, what do school buses have to do with "mass transit"? Next, did anyone deny the mayor federal reimbursement if he used city funds for some overtime pay? The city would in fact have been repaid. But aren't the lives of the citizens more important than the city budget?

And tell me why a supposed lack of federal mass transit funding created disgruntled school bus drivers who would refuse to report to work to help out in a crisis.

Finally, the big one... the Mayor NEVER ASKED a single bus driver to come in and save poor people. The Senator just knows it wasn't worth trying. But the federal govt, well they should have been parachuting Airborne Rangers into the driver's seats!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#21]
"Mayor Nagin and most mayors in this country have a hard time getting their people to work on a sunny day, let alone getting them out of the city in front of a hurricane,"

WTF is she blabbin' about

We just had our annual township celebration.
Every LE,  FD, civic and sporting club and a bunch of municipal worker was involved.
Tents went up, food was served, Kids went on rides.
By 7PM it was torn down and every piece of trash was bagged and place in a garbage truck...

AND we were NOT facing certain distruction as a reason to mobilize...

She is about as sharp as a ball.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, she's not crazy... the Democrats just don't give a damn and they say whatever they are allowed to get away with. Note that she deftly left the realm of sane commentary as it suited her. First, what do school buses have to do with "mass transit"? Next, did anyone deny the mayor federal reimbursement if he used city funds for some overtime pay? The city would in fact have been repaid. But aren't the lives of the citizens more important than the city budget?

And tell me why a supposed lack of federal mass transit funding created disgruntled school bus drivers who would refuse to report to work to help out in a crisis.

Finally, the big one... the Mayor NEVER ASKED a single bus driver to come in and save poor people. The Senator just knows it wasn't worth trying. But the federal govt, well they should have been parachuting Airborne Rangers into the driver's seats!!!

Dude...I was just saying cunt in a nice way...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My favorite was the Mayor's comments to Tim Russert when asked why the buses were not used.

Then I remeber that punk kid that drove the bus with evacuees straight to Houston.

Hell, a god damn person in half decent shape can drive a fucking bus! A damn refugee could have been assigned to drive a bus.

I was laughing out loud when I heard him say that. So if I understand you correctly Mr. Mayor, you had an excellent, well thought out,  and efficient plan in place that was completely derailed because there were no bus drivers available because of the hurricane? Shouldn't that important potential pitfall have been identified in a strategic planning session? What a complete moron he looked like in that interview.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]

"Mayor Nagin and most mayors in this country have a hard time getting their people to work on a sunny day, let alone getting them out of the city in front of a hurricane," she said.

This is real, right? This didn't come off Scrappleface, or The Onion?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Amazing that a kid can show more initiative and adaptability than a mayor.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#26]
for the record, i voted against landrieu
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

"Mayor Nagin and most mayors in this country have a hard time getting their people to work on a sunny day, let alone getting them out of the city in front of a hurricane," she said.

This is real, right? This didn't come off Scrappleface, or The Onion?

Did he just say that he is not the only mayor that has an "unmotivated" workforce
drawing taxpayer payroll dollars, getting taxpayer paid medical benefits and retiring on
taxpayer funded investments?

Maybe someone should check into how the inexhaustable taxpayer dollars are being spent

Naaaa.......never happen
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#28]
This quote pretty well describes female politicians like Landrieux and Blanco:

Her general attitude has mirrored that of the pathetic
and yet oh-so-odious welfare types: complain, complain, and stand
passively, inertly, while "daddy" hands out help, candy, spankings.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

In South Carolina you can legally drive a school bus at 17 years old.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
What did you expect? Meh.

I was expecting her to say Karl Rove slit the tires the day before.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Stupid bitch.  At what point do the citizens declare martial sanity and start removing these dipshits?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#32]

If this isn't satire,, then that bitch has lost her mind I'm sure they had no problem running the busses to the polls on election day.

Denile, it's not just a river.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#33]
That's the same dumb bitch who threatened to punch Bush.  The only states who have elected bigger dipshits are the PRK, Michigan, and NY.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then I remember that punk obviously more intelligent (than his neighbors) kid that drove the bus with evacuees straight to Houston.

Amazing that a kid can show more initiative and adaptability than a mayor.

His IQ level more than likely far exceeds that of the Mayor and Governor!

What about the 5 or 6 that borrowed the Postal Van and were stopped by the Texas Game Wardens?
Had they ever recieved training instructing them on how to drive a USPS van?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
That's the same dumb bitch who threatened to punch Bush.  The only states who have elected bigger dipshits are the PRK, Michigan, and NY.

I agree!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Yeah, but if it's the city, they have to dot the i's and cross the t's, make sure everything's by the book for liability purposes.  I.E., drivers with CDL passenger ratings, up-to-date physical card, CPR/first aid training.  If an accident happened and the city-appointed driver wasn't jake in all regards, the city would be on the hook for a lawsuit. Sad but true.

I think that's what the mayor meant by not having anyone to drive the buses. A kid can break the law and no one cares under the circumstances, but the city can't have an official policy that flouts the law.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Did/Can anyone from N.O. do anything for themselfs other than BITCH?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

This is funny.  I hadn't heard that.  "Sorry we can't use these buses to get you all out of the way of a huge ass hurricane.  We can't find people with CDL's to drive them and it would be illegal to have someone to drive them without a CDL.  So I guess you will all have to sit at home and drown."

lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll bet they had no trouble getting those same buses rolling on election day!  To haul those same people to the polls to vote for a Dimokrat!!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but if it's the city, they have to dot the i's and cross the t's, make sure everything's by the book for liability purposes.  I.E., CDL passenger ratings, up-to-date physical card, CPR/first aid training.  If something happened and the city-appointed driver wasn't jake in all regards, the city would be on the hook for a lawsuit.

I think that's what the mayor meant by not having anyone to drive the buses.

Methinks those points should have been covered in the state and city Disaster Plans. If they were not, Hizzoner, and the Governor should give a big mea culpa.

I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#42]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im gonna write a book & title it
"Its all Bush's fault"

Chapter #.1
Gloable warming? Bush's fault!
When Bush was elected president
all the conservitive fishermen in
the south sea's made such a noise
it scared all the dolphins & they all
swam north to get away & that created
a new warm water current that is melting
the polar ice cap witch is causing all
the freeky weather.

Chapter#.2
Gay marriage? Bush's fault!
When Bush ended the marriage tax
That motivated all the sodomites to
take advantage of it for personal gain.

Chapter#.3
Kennedy assassination? Bush's fault!
.........!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but if it's the city, they have to dot the i's and cross the t's, make sure everything's by the book for liability purposes.  I.E., CDL passenger ratings, up-to-date physical card, CPR/first aid training.  If something happened and the city-appointed driver wasn't jake in all regards, the city would be on the hook for a lawsuit.

I think that's what the mayor meant by not having anyone to drive the buses.

Methinks those points should have been covered in the state and city Disaster Plans. If they were not, Hizzoner, and the Governor should give a big mea culpa.

True 'nuff.  If they took the danger their city faces from hurricanes seriously, they would have at least made an effort.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I'll bet they had no trouble getting those same buses rolling on election day!  To haul those same people to the polls to vote for a Dimokrat!!!

Jacked that one right out of the park!

Well done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Yeah, but if it's the city, they have to dot the i's and cross the t's, make sure everything's by the book for liability purposes.  I.E., drivers with CDL passenger ratings, up-to-date physical card, CPR/first aid training.  If an accident happened and the city-appointed driver wasn't jake in all regards, the city would be on the hook for a lawsuit. Sad but true.

I think that's what the mayor meant by not having anyone to drive the buses. A kid can break the law and no one cares under the circumstances, but the city can't have an official policy that flouts the law.

Kindof like the firemen held up in Atlanta for sexual harasment training, you've got policies forced through by touchy-feely idiots and lawyers, and buerocrats who don't have the balls to ignore the BS when its go time.  Better to let people die than show some initiative.

It's just another example of incompetance and negligence down there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is funny.  I hadn't heard that.  "Sorry we can't use these buses to get you all out of the way of a huge ass hurricane.  We can't find people with CDL's to drive them and it would be illegal to have someone to drive them without a CDL.  So I guess you will all have to sit at home and drown."

lol

My thoughts, too.   It they were so fucking concerned about his peoples' welfare, he coulda had anybody drive the damn things.  Shit, restict the speed to a 15mph caravan.  Anyplace above sea level and inland would have done just fine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top