Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:56:01 PM EDT
What I was doing, where I was, and what I saw.

My God!  Are they really gone?   3000 lives and the original Pentagon and the Twin Towers....???

My brother's email about a plane hitting the WTC will live with me forever......

My call to my co-worker to get him into the breakroom......... my other co-workers filtering in......to see the second plane hit......

My Life changed that day... Today.... Four years ago.

ETA....

Why do I feel so guilty to be alive today...........................????????????????????????
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The fact that it was 4 years ago amazes me.

Despite all thats gone on (Afganistain and Iraq), it honestly feels like only a year (or less) has passed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My parents were going to go see the WTC that morning (they were touring NY).  My dad was tired though, so my mom let him sleep in, thank God.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I am disgusted by the fact that our enemies are not cowering in fear full of regret for that day.

I am disgusted by the fact that people all over the world, and even some in this country, celebrate that day and view the maggots who murdered thousands of innocents as "heroes."

I am disgusted that people in other countries who harbor the same ill will towards our country for the same reason we were attacked 4 years ago are still alive and still have a country that isn't a smoking fucking ruin.

I am disgusted that the US government no longer responds approriately to this kind of attack.

And I am disgusted with the average American who will not support the kind of government we need or the kind of response that would be necessary to do what is right.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My parents were going to go see the WTC that morning (they were touring NY).  My dad was tired though, so my mom let him sleep in, thank God.

No one else to thank.. is there.....?

So many stories... tales....true relations... of people like that... so close to death and destruction...yet spared for a simple moment, decision....

you never know when that extra piece of jellied toast is going to kill you or save your life.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep. I remember hearing about the first plane on the radio and thinking that some dumbass giving tours of the city in a Cessna or something crashed. I actually thought to myself "How could you not see the giant skyscraper?" Then we had the second one hit. I remember being at work with 30 people gathered around a little 4" TV and watching as the first tower collapsed. That was when they were saying on the news that 80,000 people worked in the WTC. At that time I thought that I was watching 80,000 people die. I was sick.

I went to the bank at lunch and emptied my savings account just in case. No one knew what the tomorrow (or the rest of the day for that matter) was going to bring. I had to work late that night, and I was almost out of gas. I had to wait in line for over an hour at the gas station. September 12th was the day that I started keeping a rifle in the trunk.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Steve.....

Mine got out of the trunk....but I need to get back to it!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yep. I remember hearing about the first plane on the radio and thinking that some dumbass giving tours of the city in a Cessna or something crashed. I actually thought to myself "How could you not see the giant skyscraper?" Then we had the second one hit. I remember being at work with 30 people gathered around a little 4" TV and watching as the first tower collapsed. That was when they were saying on the news that 80,000 people worked in the WTC. At that time I thought that I was watching 80,000 people die. I was sick.

I went to the bank at lunch and emptied my savings account just in case. No one knew what the tomorrow (or the rest of the day for that matter) was going to bring. I had to work late that night, and I was almost out of gas. I had to wait in line for over an hour at the gas station. September 12th was the day that I started keeping a rifle in the trunk.

Who do you bank through? My bank wouldn't let me empty my savings, they said they didn't have enough vault cash, that I would have to wait 2-3 days.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am disgusted by the fact that our enemies are not cowering in fear full of regret for that day.

I am disgusted by the fact that people all over the world, and even some in this country, celebrate that day and view the maggots who murdered thousands of innocents as "heroes."

I am disgusted that people in other countries who harbor the same ill will towards our country for the same reason we were attacked 4 years ago are still alive and still have a country that isn't a smoking fucking ruin.

I am disgusted that the US government no longer responds approriately to this kind of attack.

And I am disgusted with the average American who will not support the kind of government we need or the kind of response that would be necessary to do what is right.

Damn.  You are right.    That brings a tear to my eye, so few people think that way.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the US and all of her allies need to make a massive explosion happen in a RoP country every year on this date, hell not even just this date, the date of ANY of their attacks on decent folks......

Start with Mecca
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1 excellent as always SA
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 excellent as always SA

Steyr.... can I buy a gun from you?

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:47:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I would have never though there would be so much sympathy by Americans toward our enemy in place of the awe and respect for our defending soldiers and marines as there is today.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I can certainly see why our enemies are not coweing in fear.  All they have to do is sit back and watch our elected leaders tear each other apart trying to push their own political agendas.  

I never used to give a shit about what other countries thought of us.  But, I am ashamed at how they see our leaders handle national emergencies.  We have elected officials saying that the President knew about 9/11 in advance, he only fought the war for political gain, that he is bombing innocent women and children....

Now with the hurricane, those same people that we trust our government to say that people were purposely left to die in New Orleans by our President simply because of the color of their skin and the amount of money in their wallets.  

Why would an enemy fear us when our greatest threat is ourselves?  A nation divided cannot stand.

When divided we stand, united we fall.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#15]

I went to NYC on the 20th. I'll never forget, and to all those who lined the streets of lower Manhattan I still get choked up when I think about the support you showed. There are no words.

fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/news/groundzero.asp
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I would have never though there would be so much sympathy by Americans toward our enemy in place of the awe and respect for our defending soldiers and marines as there is today.

hr
Yes but I don't consider those types[enemy sympathizers] to really think over or have a concept of just what it is or takes to be a real american[not my concept but the reallity thereof].THE ENEMY IS PLAYING FOR KEEPS.A lot of so called american[type] citizens are just playing.Playing with a false doctrine and a woefully lacking sense of direction pertaining to their own freedoms as well as the freedoms of us all. Compromising the very foundation of our way of life[all americans] our beloved forefathers fought and died to protect with their blood,sweat and tears.Every other person which resides in our great land who dosn't have citizenship or that has just recived it recently should seriously reflect what their motovations were and just what they themselves were willing to put behind them to come to this great republic.DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Free Balzac72
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Free Balzac72

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Amen!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Free Balzac72

+1
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#21]
My mother used to tell me, when I was younger, that she remembers the exact time, place she was at, and what she was doing when she heard that they'd shot Kennedy.

I remember as a kid being in awe of such a life affecting event.

I also remember what I was doing when the WTC was hit.

I had just got home from work. I was working night shift, then. I had turned the computer on to check my email, and I was making scrambled eggs in the kitchen when an IM popped up.

It was a friend of mine in Canada, telling me a plane had just hit the WTC.

Like many, I remember thinking 'How the hell do you hit a big building like that? You'd have to be stupid.'

Like many, I listened, in awe, as the talking heads bandied about the idea of terrorism. I tried to dismiss this to the back of my mind. This has to be an accident.

Then, as i'm watching, calling my mother to tell her to watch the news, another place enters the screen, and slams into the second building. And everything changed.

That was an attention grabber. That was shock and awe, folks. We now know, as Americans, what shock and awe feels like.

I seriously doubt anyone over there knows what shock and awe is. They know what a ground assault feels like, but they don't know shock and awe.

I have to agree with the statement made earlier. The American people can't stomach shock and awe. We can't stomach a proper response to this.

The perpetrators of 9/11 didn't find any sleeping giant. They found a comatose one.

I'll never forget where I was, or what I was doing. I'll never forget the many who died.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Well said SA    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top