Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:34:02 PM EDT
So I just finish reading the other spider thread and decide to take the dog out for his nightly walk. Anyway, been having problems finding black widows building webs around the outside of my garage lately, literally killed prolly a dozen or more in the past 3 weeks, so I always check for new ones nightly. See this one right next to the gutter, picture doesn't do it justice it was definately the biggest one I've seen to date. Sprayed it with wasp/hornet spray (thats all I've got right now), and went to get something I could swat at it with and it was gone..............
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
fire!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So I just finish reading the other spider thread and decide to take the dog out for his nightly walk. Anyway, been having problems finding black widows building webs around the outside of my garage lately, literally killed prolly a dozen or more in the past 3 weeks, so I always check for new ones nightly. See this one right next to the gutter, picture doesn't do it justice it was definately the biggest one I've seen to date. Sprayed it with wasp/hornet spray (thats all I've got right now), and went to get something I could swat at it with and it was gone..............img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/jasba/Asst.jpg

FOOL! The wasp spray gives them wings!!  Now the damn thing is out there flying around!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So I just finish reading the other spider thread and decide to take the dog out for his nightly walk. Anyway, been having problems finding black widows building webs around the outside of my garage lately, literally killed prolly a dozen or more in the past 3 weeks, so I always check for new ones nightly. See this one right next to the gutter, picture doesn't do it justice it was definately the biggest one I've seen to date. Sprayed it with wasp/hornet spray (thats all I've got right now), and went to get something I could swat at it with and it was gone..............img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/jasba/Asst.jpg

FOOL! The wasp spray gives them wings!!  Now the damn thing is out there flying around!

I'm hoping it fell dead into the pile of leaves at the bottom of the gutter.......but I'm not checking right now......
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a rumor that if you don't kill a black widow, It will come back and get you

Triazicide is your friend
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
let me see if I can find those plans for the home built flame thrower.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Chloridane is the best, of course the EPA and asst twits banned it. I am hoarding my 3/4 gallon concetrate carefully.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top