Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 4:46:23 PM EDT
I've had several students who have contracted the firearms disease from me over my 10yr career as a high school teacher.  Last year a shooting buddy(also student) and I invited a young lady who was also a student of mine to go with us.  She had asked if we would take her with us.  I called and made sure it was ok with her mother, which it was, and she shot my M92FS, my Springfield Champion, and the Walther P22.  She loved the 92 and the P22.

The cool part...
The first week of school, she told me that for graduation her dad was buying her a Glock 27!  She plans to CCW when she is old enough.  We had long talks about why I carry, and for what reasons.  She had many questions, but decided what I said makes sense.  I told her is was the same as a first aid kit that I hoped I would never have to use, but still plan for.  I told her I took the safety of my family absolutely first and foremost.

Just thought I would share....

Bad news is....she is engaged already(18).  I guess she didn't buy the speech I gave last year to another student about not getting married too early in life.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Good on you !    It's nice to know we got a few on OUR side out there, trying to undo the liberal mind-fuck these kids get all day long.

Proud of ya Well done.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent!  

Danny
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]

great to hear!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've had several students who have contracted the firearms disease from me over my 10yr career as a high school teacher.

Not to be a dick...but you're a high school teacher?

It's not "payed": it's "paid".

I hope that you're not an English teacher, at least.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've had several students who have contracted the firearms disease from me over my 10yr career as a high school teacher.

Not to be a dick...but you're a high school teacher?

It's not "payed": it's "paid".

I hope that you're not an English teacher, at least.

LOL, right you are.  I appologize.  I'm just an Art Teacher.  I never did learn to spell very well.   My MA did do wonders for it.  It's just hard to tell from your side of the keyboard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top