Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2005 4:45:42 AM EDT
Nearly 80% of the people that have been sent to Utah have FELONY convictions and now they want to stay.

How many other states know what type of people they are being sent, and do you think news stations would report this........  I had to find out from a source at a local police department.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:57:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh man, I'm sorry bro'. Our fair city of Pittsburgh offerd to take some and they (refugees, displaced felons, whatever...) refused!

Speed
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I gues we weren't getting enough problems with all the Californians.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Our mayor offered reuge to the refugees.  Luckily the dont want to move to Alaska,
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
pray for a cold winter
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nearly 80% of the people that have been sent to Utah have FELONY convictions and now they want to stay.

How many other states know what type of people they are being sent, and do you think news stations would report this........  I had to find out from a source at a local police department.

Guess they figured they'd be easier to spot if they went off the reservation, know what I mean?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Omaha will probably be getting some of the victims this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:14:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Our mayor offered reuge to the refugees.  Luckily the dont want to move to Alaska,

Can I come instead ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sounds like the Mariel boat lift.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I worry that if they bring in too many unsavoury types from NOLA to Detroit, they may ruin that fair cities' reputation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:19:17 AM EDT
[#10]
heh, we got a bunch in dc that came by plane. they said they were told to get on the plane by the feds and had no idea they were coming to dc. they wouldn't have gotten on the plane if they'd known...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:20:29 AM EDT
[#11]
The peopel who are refugees with no place to go are the lowest scum Louisiana, and that's saying alot.
In a way I am glad that the rest of the country is getting a taste of this shithole. These are the scum that give us the attitude about certain groups of people down here.
These are the reason you must go armed to N.O. even when showing out of towners the nice areas, or going out for entertainment.
They tried to send these animals up through Mississippi and they were run out of three towns, and the state, after destroying a couple of schools ( including throwing around feces!!).

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just put them all on buses to Council Bluffs, then blow the bridges.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#13]
It appears at least that 80% of EVERYONE in New Orleans was a criminal of some sort.

It's a horrible place now, but it must not have been much better BEFORE the hurricane.

Sorry man, we got a buttload of them in Texas too.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's too humane.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#15]
This whole thing is a disaster because of the state officals.  So far from Louisiana:

1.  A large chunk of the welfare has been shifted to other states for their populations to deal with
2.  A chunk of criminals - especially those animals from the convention center - are now preying in someone elses state - who knows where?  Nice.
2.  Louisiana, a state full of corruption, will now benefit from billions of dollars for reconstruction.  

They screwed the pouch before by not taking care of known problems, now they get rewarded with my tax dollars.  Again, nice.    I believe that the people should be helped in some way, but this is not looking good...

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Kansas City is getting around 500.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, they could just walk over to CB and we can save the bus fare.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's too humane.

Well, when you blow the bridge can be adjusted.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:30:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Buffalo too, at least thats what they said on the news....and considering we live in one of the best states for welfare scumbags (no residnecy requirements, no waiting, free money for scumbags), they won't be leaving once they get here, and we'll have to support their lazy asses too....

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#20]
We got the ones who were able leave ahead of time and are looking for WORK until they can go back to support themselves. Nevertheless, my wife and I are keeping our guard up. Heavier CCW weaponry has been issued.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The peopel who are refugees with no place to go are the lowest scum Louisiana, and that's saying alot.

While there are a lot of unappreciative, entitlement-minded low lifes, there are many, many others who are decent people doing what they can under the circumstances.

Local news had a piece on a woman from Biloxi (IIRC) who worked at a Walmart there.  She evacuated to this area because she had family here.  She lost everything she had in MS and the local Walmart gave her a job.

There's a lot about Wally World I don't like, but they did right by her.

I have a cousin who pastors a small congregation in Baton Rouge.  Before the fedgov moved in he tookl his 15 passenger van down to the I-10 bridge by the dome, packed 28 people into it and drove them out.  He had no trouble or complaints from any of them.  Only thanks.

With the media coverage and horror stories we must also remember that there are good folks in the mix too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:45:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Minnesota took in 500.  I'm guessing that sometime around January, these folks will be looking to relocate.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#23]
They'll just blend in with most of the local population of metro ATL.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Our Democratic Canadian Governess has decided to allow up to 10,000 people in. yippee.  

"Short term" she says... I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Minnesota took in 500.  I'm guessing that sometime around January, these folks will be looking to relocate.

hopefully someone sells them cotton winterwear
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm sure Sheriff Joe Arpaio must have a few empty cots and would be more than happy to extend some down home Arizonian hospitality to the displaced thugs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm sure Sheriff Joe Arpaio must have a few empty cots and would be more than happy to extend some down home Arizonian hospitality to the displaced thugs.

just noticed that was post 4473
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It hasn't snowed yet....they'll change their tune soo enough.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Haven't heard if any are lining up for New Hampshire yet.
I can't imagine a deep southerner enjoying 4 feet of snow for 6 months.
I love the first snow we get, it's a riot watching the transplants skidding their 4x4 SUV's off the road because of ice.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Our Democratic Canadian Governess has decided to allow up to 10,000 people in. yippee.

Just what this state needs, 10,000 more permanently unemployed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#31]
I wondered why I always feel good when the temeperature here hits -30°.

Now I know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
pray for a cold winter

ROFLMAO
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I know where you are from. I am adding an extra mag to my CCW carry. I just hope she has enough sense [nope] to run them thru a NCICs check first. And you forgot BERKLEY CA. edumacated also.

I know there are good people down there, but it's the criminals they are shipping all over the Country that worry me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#35]
We are expecting in excess of 1,000 here in Colorado Springs.  It will be interesting to see what happens once they get here.  Our Sherriff is requiring background checks on all evacuees to our area.  That may weed out some of the worst ones, hopefully.  He has gone on record as stating that felons are not welcome here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then they can fight with the illegals over jobs at all of Iowa's fine meat processing plants. Oh wait..I mean leach off of our wellfare system...work..what the hell was I thinking....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Maybe the Mormons will revive their Army?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Whatever happened to turf wars? How come the hometown criminals aren't standing up for their right to victimize the people of their community? They're just rolling over and let these out of state criminals take eat their lunch. What a damned shame.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know where you are from. I am adding an extra mag to my CCW carry. I just hope she has enough sense [nope] to run them thru a NCICs check first. And you forgot BERKLEY CA. edumacated also.

I know there are good people down there, but it's the criminals they are shipping all over the Country that worry me.

Amen brother.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Somehow I am NOT surprised
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Keeps the riff raf out

Quoted:
I wondered why I always feel good when the temeperature here hits -30°.

Now I know.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#42]
I think Lexington is due to receive around 500 as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Oregon is taking in 1000.  

edited... link requires a password.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

There goes the neighborhood
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
They'll just blend in with most of the local population of metro ATL.

and the rest of the metro areas around the nation
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They'll certainly fit right in in Omaha.

But when that cold, November rain and snow starts they be headed south.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Update:
According to some reports, which I am trying to Verify, 18 have been returned to NO. There have been 3 attemped rapes of Red Cross Wokers at Camp Williams in Utah. Worse Part is I am leaving out of Town soon and we live just over the hills (15 Miles) from that base.

Wife has protection but still they better keep a close eye on those they are bingi in to this state.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I understand that most weren't even told where they were being sent until after they were aboard the plane.  

I don't know what to say about all this.  I'm glad to see Utah try to help some of its southern neighbors.  I'm pissed off to no end that some of those "survivors" are trying to take advantage of Utah for its good intentions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I worry that if they bring in too many unsavoury types from NOLA to Detroit, they may ruin that fair cities' reputation.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Tag.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top