Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 3:51:50 PM EDT
Gunshows and lots of websites seem to have high prices on MRE's and other essentials not readily available at Hell-Mart.  
Brigade for example is backordered (obviously) on MREs at a cost of $75 for 12. .....Not bad but backordered...what the Fudge good does that do me?  

Sources, folks, I need sources!  

Plus...  I live north of Atlanta, in the Woodstock area...On a nice high hill 20 feet above street level.. (difficult approaches, 2 to 3 people can easily defend.)  Little chance of flooding, little higher chance of earthquake, High chance of tornado, but then it won't reall matter will it?

The only real SHTF scenario is a total breakdown here.  Something like a EMP nuke or the like causing society to go in the shitter.

I am very tool handy, can grow stuff, can fish (Lake Allatoona is not far) , can hunt, can camp, can hike. Pretty healthy, wife, no kids yet.  Wife is strong too (not fat jack-asses).  

Recomendations?  After writing all this I am going to put it in the Survival forum too and if any mod has the itch to ditch, have at it.

These are the meal selections from bregade are:  (are these late model or old stock?)
Beef Steak w/ Mushroom Gravy
• Pork Rib
• Beef Ravioli
• Country Captain Chicken
• Grilled Chicken Breast
• Chicken/ Thai Sauce
• Chili with Macaroni
• Chicken w/ Salsa
• Beef Patty
• Beef Stew
• Pasta w/Vegetables
• Cheese Tortellini
• Black Bean & Rice Burrito
• Manicotti w/Vegetables
• Beef Enchiladas
• Chicken w/ Noodles
• Beef Teriyaki
• Turkey Breast w/Potatoes & Gravy
• Roast Beef
• Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce
• Chicken Tetrazzini
• Jambalaya
• Chicken w/Cavetelli
• Meatloaf w/ Gravy.

Side Dishes: • Buttered Noodles • Applesauce • Spiced Apples • Fruit or other.

Condiment Pack: • Spoon • Coffee • Cream • Sweetener • Salt • Black Pepper • Napkin • Moist Towelette.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I would hang out in the Survival Forum a while and you will get more than enough info. A large thread on MRE was just discussed. We just completed a group buy on Mountain House freeze dried stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing like good old last minute planning.

Forget MREs, go down to your local camping/hiking type store and pick up some Mountain House, or similar freeze dried.
Also stock up on canned goods, and mixes.
There are a lot of good recipes out there for meals that don't require refrigeration, or much more effort than boiling water to prepare.

Also check out www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=387253
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would hang out in the Survival Forum a while and you will get more than enough info. A large thread on MRE was just discussed. We just completed a group buy on Mountain House freeze dried stuff.

+1.  Nice to see that survivalism has finally gone mainstream.... on GD!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top