Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 3:08:45 PM EDT
Will the aftermath of Katrina.....the money, the gun confiscations, forced relocations....be the event that makes politicians wake up and smell The Constitution?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Not if we let them get away with some of the stuff they are doing.  It will only serve to give them more control.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not if we let them get away with some of the stuff they are doing.  It will only serve to give them more control.

The control has begun:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387987&page=1
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#3]
We haven't lost an entire city to flooding and looting before, so they're winging it. By denying people their rights under the constitution, they make NOLA further uninhabitable at a time when they want everybody out. The government is holding all the aces, as always.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We haven't lost an entire city to flooding and looting before, so they're winging it. By denying people their rights under the constitution, they make NOLA further uninhabitable at a time when they want everybody out. The government is holding all the aces, as always.

Your defending this shit?  What happens when a Nuke goes off and this is nationwide?  I don't know about you but all following unconstitutional orders are officially hostile.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Well thats kinda what I am getting at...................are any of the "LAW" makers or Supeme Court Judges gonna step up and say...............whoa there bucky, this is America and this shit don't happen on my watch!!!..........................Because "after" is too fucking late...............and it will happen again!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Something substantial will come out of this event.  I am praying it is an admission that 40 years of liberal policies created a class of helpless but able-bodied people.  Once the admission comes, we who pay taxes out the asshole can demand reparations!    
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
No.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, in the effected areas. Dont plan for much happening in San Fransisco. They will use it as an excuse to give more money to the poor/lazy welfare reciepients. NOLA will deffinatly see a change in who is running their politics. Most people in the effectedareas that see the welfare receipents now see them for what they really are, and will take corrective action to fix that. As far as gun confiscation goes, it might make a small dent. With all the people running out and buying guns, only to hear about having them confiscated, its liable to piss them off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
No, back to politics as usual: Democraps blaming Bush, big ass spending bills with pork dripping from the pages.

Probably the event to change politics was the Assault Weapon Ban in Sept 1994, the Republicans cleaned House and Senate, winning back Congress, but unfortunately not the White House until 2001.
There for a year or less (?) Senate went Democrap again when Jumpin' Jim Jeffords went from GOP to Indendepent.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your defending this shit?  What happens when a Nuke goes off and this is nationwide?  I don't know about you but all following unconstitutional orders are officially hostile.

I don't think he's defending it but I do believe that the .gov is testing the waters (no pun intended).
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Will the aftermath of Katrina.....the money, the gun confiscations, forced relocations....be the event that makes politicians wake up and smell The Constitution?

I wish it would be so, but I think things will swing the other way. Many here disagree, and that's fine, but I'm a pessimist, and I don't see all of our freedoms ultimately surviving this disaster.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well thats kinda what I am getting at...................are any of the "LAW" makers or Supeme Court Judges gonna step up and say...............whoa there bucky, this is America and this shit don't happen on my watch!!!..........................Because "after" is too fucking late...............and it will happen again!

You have a point there. Let's see who steps up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top