Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 5:37:52 AM EDT
Damn... I can't stand it. He's calling foxnews "too far to the right"... he believes in gun control, etc....

How do I change is mind?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You think he's a liberal?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know how you'll change him.  Maybe get him a girl friend.

If he doesn't change  you'll have to "neutralize" him.

R.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

R.

I'm glad im not the first to suggest that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I am so sorry for you
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Carry him to what use to be Down town NO (or any bad urban area)about  dark ,drop him off and ask him does he want a gun. Every one in a fox hole is religous ;). If that doesnt convert him , you  know what to do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How do I change is mind?

Good stiff whack to the back of the head with a rubber mallet?  MJD
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Set him up for a mugging.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How do I change is mind?

Drop him off at the ghetto. He can meet some Democrats.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn... I can't stand it. He's calling foxnews "too far to the right"... he believes in gun control, etc....

How do I change is mind?

Shoot
Shovel
Shutup
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#11]
You could sart by taking him shooting.  That might take care of the gun control shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That depends upon the ultimate source of his beliefs.
Some lefties believe in a strong, progressive society where nobody falls through the cracks and everybody is free to perform to their best.

Hey that's me!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Disown him
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#14]
you should kick him in the balls.

right guys?!?

BTW, I agree with the republican party, but fox news IS too far right for me.

Cnn is too far left.

HArd to find the middle sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#15]
No big deal. Mine has been one forever, just rag his ass all the time about it. He's called me twice for the use of my evil fiream skill, just rag him some more. Funny part about liberals is that they always know where to find someone who has a gun when they need one and can be real insistent on it being used long as they don't have to personally do it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#16]
How old is he?  He could grow out of it.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My cousin is full blown KA liberal. We limit our calls to about 10 minutes politics and then we talk life. My father is vicious with him.

You and your dad should send your cousin into the Army. That'll straighten him out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Take all his stuff. Tell him you donated it to feed the poor. It's a type of tax you know. Even down and outers need a PS2 and TV.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

R.

Try to cure him.
If not you will have to neutralize him.
Liberalism is like zombism - its the only way to stop the disease from spreading
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Demand a DNA test.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Same here.  I always call him a hippy.  He says I'm too republican.  Makes for good debates until he pisses me off one too many times

Same family political opposites.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#26]
They anger me because of stubborn refusal to THINK all while smuggly supposing to be sophisticates and high-brow moral superiors to everyone else.

Example: typical leftist will claim that Oil Companies are EVIL because they make profits. But Michael Moore is wonderful (even though he makes a profit). Sooooo it's OK for an ideologue to make money...but bad, bad, bad for a company that provides an essential service (gasoline) and hires 250,000 people (including foreigners in 3rd world countries who otherwise would be "poor") to make a profit.

The reason why profit for one is holy while profit for another is evil is NEVER considered. Why the poor are morally superior to the rich is likewise never considered. It's just supposed that "poor people" deserve more where as "rich people" don't deserve the money they have.

In Katrina's context Leftists will breathlessly cheer that 30 EVIL oil rigs were lost and at the same time demand that these Oil Companies cough up billions of dollars in charity donations AS WELL as lowering their fuel costs to below market prices.

Somewhere along the way they engage in magical thinking: that losing 30 rigs and needing to replace them doesn't cost money...that somehow supply of a tight commodity won't be affected by loss of privately financed infrastructure... that companies shouldn't charge anything beyond cost...and somehow pricing themselves out of business (thereby making supply drop, costs soar, and laying off thousands of people) is a good thing - after all, it will adversely affect those EVIL rich people who run these companies.

Talk about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face! All while blithely considering themselves bright bulbs and smart, "informed" people.

Name the issue and Leftists can be counted on for having infantile or just plain wrong understanding of the issues involved - all while holding contradictory positions and claiming to be smarter and holier than thou.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmmm, sounds like rebellion.  If that's the case, there's still hope.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Hmm.  I'm liberal, but own several firearms AND will be an officer in the US Army in two years.  What the hell am I?!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hmm.  I'm liberal, but own several firearms AND will be an officer in the US Army in two years.  What the hell am I?!

Confused. I'd say you're a Constitutionalist: citizen soldier with a private weapon... err weapons.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Confused. I'd say you're a Constitutionalist: citizen soldier with a private weapon... err weapons.

True...how one can be liberal....pro-2nd amendment is beyond me.  I suppose being "liberal" and voting Democrat don't necessarily have to occur.  Or, you protecting 2nd amendment rights is less important than other, higher priority liberal agenda items.

Must be tough
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I distinguish between Liberals and Leftists (as well as Conservatives and Rightists).

You can be for example, a Patriot, but not a Nationalist. Patriots believe their country has values worth upholding but distinguish between the country, "patria" and the current political regime that runs it, whereas Nationalists tend to confuse government with nation.

Liberals typically have some nice, Libertarian like ideas of how to improve society, but they agree with the essential tenant that human beings are not angels. Human beings can be perfected - according to them, but it will take time and good education, environment, etc. as well as INDIVIDUAL effort.

Leftists however do seem to think that human beings are either angels who will obey the law if only some law is passed or some court says so, or demons to be annihilated. They ASSUME that people will be made PERFECT despite themselves by a SYSTEM of law and government. So if people go nuts and rape, loot, and murder 7 year old girls....the Leftist sees the failure of "society" or "government" not a moral failure of an individual person.

Liberals tend to want more and more rights - to be "left alone". But they become Leftists when they try to find an origin of all these rights in the state as opposed to something preceeding the state, human nature.

I can deal with "liberals". Especially the JFK liberals (which are almost the same thing issue by issue as Reagan Conservatives). But liberals who think rights are created out of thin air by courts or that absolute minorities can re-define words and institutions at whim, often start out with a veneer of intellectual rigor but become Leftists by logical regression.

If your premise is wrong - whether we're talking rights or economics or history, then your conclusions will be wrong. Conservatives or Liberals who maintain an "open mind" can acknowledge when they've made a mistake. Leftists (or "Rightists") are ideologues and hence can't admit to mistakes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top